Attached image issues after update

Found a problem with the site? Tell Professor Hackle.
Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Flag: Germany

Attached image issues after update

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Since the update of phpBB my attached images aren't displayed in my posts anymore. You only see the filename and the image description.

Furthermore, when you click on the filename the following error message is displayed for pngs:
"The image “http://megakatcity.com/download/file.php?id=208&mode=view” cannot be displayed because it contains errors."
In case of jpgs the display of the image is corrupted.

png examples: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=354&p=3566#p3566
jpg example: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=268&p=3539#p3503

Is that an issue caused by the update or do the attached files have to have certain specifications now that my uploaded images don't have?
0 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Attached image issues after update

Postby MoDaD » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:41 pm

The person responsible for unwittingly doing this did backups in ascii instead of binary for that particular folder and never noticed it, even on his dev server. That's really unforgivably stupid of him.

That person was me, by the way.
0 x

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla
Flag: United States of America

Postby Betaruga » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:01 pm

It's ok. We still love you MoDaD.
0 x

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Flag: Germany

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:51 am

MoDaD wrote:The person responsible for unwittingly doing this did backups in ascii instead of binary for that particular folder and never noticed it, even on his dev server. That's really unforgivably stupid of him.

I assume this means that you cannot recover the data from that backup, is that correct?
Well, in my case this isn't a catastrophe. I'm just gonna re-upload the images and link them into my posts again. Furthermore I have the feeling that most of the kats here are using external providers for their images anyway.
But I can imagine that you are upset because of missing that issue on your dev server.

As I don't know if you were the only one testing the changes on the dev server I propose that you should give a few other people access to it whenever such major changes are about to be released. A few pair of eyes see more than just one pair. Furthermore, this should also eliminate the problem of being routine-blinded (I hope that's the right term for it) which is unfortunately quite natural for us.
Betaruga wrote:It's ok. We still love you MoDaD.

Yeah, it's not like crash landing a fighter jet into your employer's HQ, is it? :lol: (Sorry for making that cheap joke.)
But seriously MoDaD, I think you are doing a great job and thanks for putting so much effort and time into this.
0 x

Return to “Tech Support”