Smilies.

Found a problem with the site? Tell Professor Hackle.
Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Smilies.

Postby Cait » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:25 pm

After talking about smilies in this thread and seing those default ugly smilies in our forum, I thought of another contest / artist call that could be interesting: "Let's create our own Swatkats smilies"!. I would love to see our forum full with swatkats smilies intead of those yellow circles that have invaded internet (and reached hollywood apparently...). The smilies can be both, animated and not animated. I'm up for give it a try to some.

Of course, one thing we should do if our Staff is agree to do it, is to maintain a certain order. It's not too bad to have two or three "lol" smilies, but it is if we only create toons of "lol" smilies and nothing more... So it would we wise to say something before hand or have a slot system where we take a diferent one each and don't take another till we complete that one.

What do you think, guys?

Pd: If this goes something, I ask MoDaD for the possible limits of size (both kb and pixels) and even the possible slots so we don't overcharge or break the forum.

Pd2: maybe too big for smilies but... they are so adorable!!!
ImageImageImageImage
4 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Smilies.

Postby Rusakov » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:30 pm

Those don't seem too big. They're actually smaller than some of the ones on scififur.net as a matter of fact (seriously though, scififur is awesome at any rate).
1 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:51 am

I think SK smilies for the forum would be awesome idea. Not sure how to go about it for a contest... maybe if peeps would want to volunteer to make SK smilies.
1 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:03 am

I did make smilies based on the kat characters in an old SWAT Kats RP group I was a part of.

Image Image

I used to animate a few of them but I don't have links to the animated ones currently ^^ I will look for them on my old back ups.
3 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:08 am

Haha Nee, I'm glad you posted to this... cause I remember you rocking at making smilies of our OCs.
2 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:58 am

Heh, also I didn't think me ranting about Hollywood's latest piece of crap would help inspire a thread. :lol:
1 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:16 am

Rusakov wrote:Heh, also I didn't think me ranting about Hollywood's latest piece of crap would help inspire a thread. :lol:

jajajaja well, you DID inspire me for this. The fact that I hate yellow rounded faces helped too... xD
NeeKnight wrote:I did make smilies based on the kat characters in an old SWAT Kats RP group I was a part of.

Image Image

I used to animate a few of them but I don't have links to the animated ones currently ^^ I will look for them on my old back ups.

Neat ones! Can I use them as reference? ᶘ *ᴥ*ᶅ I already started making some Jake/Razor smilies. If no one says something, I'll try to do a "complete" pack :3
2 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:18 am

First try for annoyed Razor. What do you think? Are the size, proportions, etc; ok? I'm not completely satisfied with it, cos of the size of it xD

Also... I'm begining to think this is not the right secction for the topic, since we began to post things xD
2 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:36 am

Cait wrote:First try for annoyed Razor. What do you think? Are the size, proportions, etc; ok? I'm not completely satisfied with it, cos of the size of it xD

I think the annoyed Razor looks awesome! But technical wise, I'll leave that up to MoDaD to say.

Cait wrote:Also... I'm begining to think this is not the right secction for the topic, since we began to post things xD

Hmm, you are right. ((I tried to move the topic to general....I wasn't sure how to do it >_>))
2 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:21 am

Cait wrote:First try for annoyed Razor. What do you think? Are the size, proportions, etc; ok? I'm not completely satisfied with it, cos of the size of it xD

Also... I'm begining to think this is not the right secction for the topic, since we began to post things xD

Wow! That's ace Cait! XD I approve. As for using mine for ref, I don't mind although I do wanna try some for myself MWAHAHAHAH Yeah I am trying to do some too. What do people think?

I've not seperated them yet or worked on any animations... However I did find another animation I did a while ago based on Poecat's Dream Creeper character that I thought people might wanna see XD Image Aaaaaay Macarena!
4 x

Return to “Tech Support”