Ridiculous Moments

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: Ridiculous Moments

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:23 pm

Its smaller than usual size aside, it's clearly just a Mini Octopus Missile, which we see employed in other episodes. And being used in pretty much the same way the Octopus Missiles (mini and otherwise) are used every other time, to grab and propel a target away.

And the "ex-girlfriend missile" makes me think of the Ex-Wife bunker-buster from Iron Man 2. :lol:
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:51 pm

It's completely elegant, it's bafflingly beautiful, and it's capable of reducing the population of any standing structure to zero. I call it "The Ex-Wife.""
―Justin Hammer[src]

SOURCE: http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.co ... fe_Missile

Hisssss.... ooooooo...
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:44 am

Here's an odd one. In The Ci-Kat-A, when the Enforcers are attempting to retake MASA from the aliens, we see that the space center's laser turrets are being manned by mind-controlled guards, with two to a gun. But when they actually bomb and destroy them, the turret seats are empty! The guns are all of a sudden unmanned but continue to turn and fire at targets as though automated.

I get that Hanna-Barbera wanted to lessen the episode's body count, but it's just a little silly that the guys manning the guns suddenly vanish when it's time for them to get blown up, especially since you can clearly see where the missing guards should be sitting!
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Flag: Germany

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:06 am

Got one too and this is what I call a nervous breakdown...

In most situations T-Bone and Razor somehow manage it to keep a cheeky smile on their faces no matter how serious it gets. Alright... sometimes they look surprised, but never really scared.

When I was creating the washing machine gif for the Gag Reel thread I looked at every single frame of the first "time vortex"-scene in The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice. This scene is about 7 seconds long, but when you play it frame by frame you can see that Razor seems to have a nervous breakdown there. The way he acts is absolutely untypical for him and in reality he probably would have had the mother of all whiplashes (or even something worse) afterwards.

Some of the facial expressions are also looking absolutely ridiculous when looking at the single frames. Here are my favorites:
RazorsNervousBreakdown.png
Razor's nervous breakdown

The image in lower right is actually the last frame of that scene and it's very clear that Razor can't take it anymore. :lol:
Last edited by Mr. Goodkat on Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:31 am

Kooshmeister wrote:It deserved to be gifed! :shock:

Did you see that!? <O_O"> I see 2 paws recently cut LOL That saw has cut across the metal completely but his paws, even been on top of sawtooths, are without a scratch!

And even worse... He is still holding the control stick while falling! And then dissapears in the next scene along with the missile xD
But there is more... At first, the chair was black and red, but suddenly in the next scene is purple and red!

I think the animators didn't decided it all and just made a mix of all their ideas <u_u">
2 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:18 am

I rewatched A Bright and Shiny Future today and just got puzzled with this scene:

What a powerful kick! <O_O"> (Edit: I just see that cable now xD)

T-Bone, you're dead.

Oh, and old Feral is bald!

It made me laugh the fact that kats lose only their head (human) hair, but not their body (cat) hair xD
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:25 am

Cait wrote:Oh, and old Feral is bald!

The years have not been kind to him.
0 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:08 am

Razor's nervous breakdown is now immortalized on my hard drive. (He looks like a shih tzu dog in panel 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I LOVE what they did with his cheek fur and flailing arms, he's even hanging on to the back of his seat at some point. It's actually a great study in motion for comic artists like me. There are no motion lines per se but the way their ears and fur are swinging around along with a few jagged blurs, you can see the motion.
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Ocelot
Resident
Flag: Philippines

Postby Ocelot » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:30 pm

The only thing that really bothered me was the logistics of the Turbokat. I never understood why they don't just put the missiles and the other weapons on the outside of the jet like in real life instead of inside. It saved work time for the animation I guess. Even as a kid I was questioning how they were able to put all those things in the jet.

This is one thing I want fixed if the a new series happened. The Swat Kats should really have a secondary hideout in the city ala Batman. Where they place other vehicles. Instead of conveniently putting every single thing in the Turbokat.
0 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:41 pm

Ocelot wrote:The only thing that really bothered me was the logistics of the Turbokat. I never understood why they don't just put the missiles and the other weapons on the outside of the jet like in real life instead of inside. It saved work time for the animation I guess. Even as a kid I was questioning how they were able to put all those things in the jet.

This is one thing I want fixed if the a new series happened. The Swat Kats should really have a secondary hideout in the city ala Batman. Where they place other vehicles. Instead of conveniently putting every single thing in the Turbokat.

That's true, sometimes Turbokat's insides seems like a black hole xD
0 x

Return to “SK Show Discussion”