Best Female Character?

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.

Best Female Character?

Callie Briggs
20%
(Dark Side) Callie Briggs
5%
Queen Callista
No votes
Lt. Felina Feral
55%
Ann Gora
5%
Dr. Abby Sinian
No votes
Molly Mange
No votes
Turmoil
10%
Little Angry Granny
5%
Katrina Moorkroft
No votes

Total votes: 20

Ocelot
Resident
Flag: Philippines

Re: Best Female Character?

Postby Ocelot » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Felina is running away with this poll. I thought for sure Callie was winning. But color me surprised. I also voted for Felina btw lol. She was just a great character a total bada-- and really cool. She was also well drawn. They captured how to make a female look tough and masculine but also look beautiful at the same time.
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:06 am

I fully agree. I like how Felina is very strong-jawed and hard-bodied but also unmistakably a woman, as opposed to appearing "butch." Hers is a wonderful character design.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

SVMON94
Resident
Flag: Finland

Postby SVMON94 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:22 am

Kooshmeister wrote:I fully agree. I like how Felina is very strong-jawed and hard-bodied but also unmistakably a woman, as opposed to appearing "butch." Hers is a wonderful character design.

My favourite aspect of her character design is the haircut. I mean hot damn look at those 70's mecha anime protagonist sideburns.
2 x
I ship felina x callie with a burning passion.

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:57 am

White are white for some reason. TboneLaughCait
1 x

SVMON94
Resident
Flag: Finland

Postby SVMON94 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:White are white for some reason. TboneLaughCait

My headcanon about this is that felina always tells her hairdresser to only dye her sideburns.
2 x
I ship felina x callie with a burning passion.

GeminiGenie
Just Moved In

Postby GeminiGenie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:01 pm

I like Felina and Callie both equally as my pick for best female characters in the series, but that's not to say that all the other ones don't have their charms. For a show geared more towards kids I think they did a good job of rounding out all the character's personalities. The lady characters aren't all just one note swooners. When they are in danger they don't just sit there and scream and wait for the Swat Kat's or the Enforcers to show up. They fight back--runaway. Actively try to preserve their own lives until help arrives and even lend a hand to the heroes every now and then.

The one character out of all the female characters in the show that I didn't like as much would have to be Turmoil. She has a great design and that all-female armada? Boss! Haven't seen anything like that in a cartoon in a long time. They had her all set up to be the coolest thing ever but then made her all thirsty for T-Bone. She met him once and that was all it took. She was in love. And look what happened? Her whole ship gets blown up. TboneLaughCait
4 x

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran

Postby AkaneKitty » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:59 pm

GeminiGenie wrote:The one character out of all the female characters in the show that I didn't like as much would have to be Turmoil. She has a great design and that all-female armada? Boss! Haven't seen anything like that in a cartoon in a long time. They had her all set up to be the coolest thing ever but then made her all thirsty for T-Bone. She met him once and that was all it took. She was in love. And look what happened? Her whole ship gets blown up. TboneLaughCait

Thirsty. I can't :lol: But the more I think about it's true. You'd risk everything you've built for a tom with mad flying skills? T-Bones cute and all, but still...

You know, I wonder if the episode wouldn't so one sided if it was Feral in T-Bones place. The change from Feral to T-Bone just insured LOL Swat Kats win instead of any kind of suspense Feral would have provided. Maybe Feral and Turmoil could relate to being unappreciated and taken for granted? Maybe Turmoil defected with her crew because of it, and she could relate to what Feral was feeling dealing with SWAT Kats and/or City Hall? In that case there would be a stronger connection between the two of them and add suspense to whether or not Feral had turned bad. As it stands Turmoil looks weak for risking her operation for awesome pilot.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:12 pm

GeminiGenie wrote:They had her all set up to be the coolest thing ever but then made her all thirsty for T-Bone.

She wants a tall cool glass o' that hunk. SinianThisCait

duz_machines_1984 wrote:can we please talk about how Ann Gora's earrings are apparently glued to the sides of her face instead of actually being in her ears?

One could say they just hang really low, but they often look too far forward to be dangling from where her ears are. Therefore, I say she pierces her cheeks. TboneLaughCait
0 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:13 pm

GeminiGenie wrote:I like Felina and Callie both equally as my pick for best female characters in the series, but that's not to say that all the other ones don't have their charms. For a show geared more towards kids I think they did a good job of rounding out all the character's personalities. The lady characters aren't all just one note swooners. When they are in danger they don't just sit there and scream and wait for the Swat Kat's or the Enforcers to show up. They fight back--runaway. Actively try to preserve their own lives until help arrives and even lend a hand to the heroes every now and then.

The one character out of all the female characters in the show that I didn't like as much would have to be Turmoil. She has a great design and that all-female armada? Boss! Haven't seen anything like that in a cartoon in a long time. They had her all set up to be the coolest thing ever but then made her all thirsty for T-Bone. She met him once and that was all it took. She was in love. And look what happened? Her whole ship gets blown up. TboneLaughCait

Actually In quote Turmoil never saw a Male pilot out fly one of Her Omega Squadron until she met T-bone but You got to Admit That Smooches Scene give me a Chill that was some Hero-Villains Relationship since Batman & Catwoman
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:39 pm

I think Turmoil's relationship with T-Bone is only undeveloped due to the episode's super-short running time. I'm sure if the episode had been longer, it would've come across as more believable.
2 x

Return to “SK Show Discussion”