POLL: What's your favorite episode of SWAT Kats?

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.

What's your favorite episode of SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron?

The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice
No votes
The Giant Bacteria
No votes
The Wrath of Dark Kat
3%
Destructive Nature
No votes
The Metallikats
6%
Bride of the Pastmaster
No votes
Night of the Dark Kat
3%
Chaos in Crystal
No votes
The Ghost Pilot
3%
Metal Urgency
6%
The Ci-Kat-A
No votes
Enter the Madkat
6%
Katastrophe
6%
Mutation City
17%
A Bright and Shiny Future
No votes
When Strikes Mutilor
No votes
Razor's Edge
9%
Cry Turmoil
11%
SWAT Kats Unplugged
No votes
The Deadly Pyramid
6%
Caverns of Horror
3%
Volcanus Erupts!
No votes
The Origin of Dr. Viper
9%
The Dark Side of the SWAT Kats
6%
Unlikely Alloys
9%
The SWAT Kats: A Special Report
No votes

Total votes: 35

Kanogetz
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Republic of Serbia

Re: POLL: What's your favorite episode of SWAT Kats?

Postby Kanogetz » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:44 pm

I would say The Deadly Pyramid but Mutation City and Unlikely Alloys are really close, love those episodes.
0 x
slothful artist / dynamic gamer / mechanized bum.
http://kanogetz.deviantart.com/
http://stungunwolf.tumblr.com/

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:20 am

Mutation City and Razor's Edge for the (attempt at) character development. Mutation City, Deadly Pyramid, Cry Turmoil, and Unlikely Alloys for the stunning visuals. (Those moments when Razor employed some rather badass flying kicks was gold in Pyramid). Unlikely Alloys because of all the MacxMolly :D

My top vote was Unlikely Alloys because it essentially graduated to anime status at that point. Very polished.
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla
Flag: United States of America

Postby Betaruga » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:34 am

Man, my classic favs were always Mutation City and The Deadly Pyramid, but in terms of which episode I enjoy rewatching for some reason? The Dark Side of the SWAT Kats. Some super memorable lines in that episode for me. I love Katastrophe though. I dunno. It's hard to pick and choose! I kinda wanna make a montage vid of my fav series moments sometime xD
0 x

Kanogetz
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Republic of Serbia

Postby Kanogetz » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:33 pm

Betaruga wrote:Man, my classic favs were always Mutation City and The Deadly Pyramid, but in terms of which episode I enjoy rewatching for some reason? The Dark Side of the SWAT Kats. Some super memorable lines in that episode for me. I love Katastrophe though. I dunno. It's hard to pick and choose! I kinda wanna make a montage vid of my fav series moments sometime xD

Oooooh, I so agree with you with the Dark Side of the SWAT Kats episode!

The line exchanges between og SK and evil doppelgangers and their interactions are so cool... ^^
And yes, I approve your montage idea! :D
0 x
slothful artist / dynamic gamer / mechanized bum.
http://kanogetz.deviantart.com/
http://stungunwolf.tumblr.com/

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:12 am

Montage plzkthnx~
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Darker
Resident
Flag: Spain

Postby Darker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:28 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:The Origin of Dr. Viper, simply to give it some love and because I love its portrayal of Dr. Zyme, particularly in regards to seeing season two's take on his very early season one character design (he kinda stands out).

It's also a nice twist to reveal that before he got mutated, Viper was kind of a dullard. He wasn't a very good scientist (the Viper Mutagen wasn't even his idea!), and was nothing but a sneaky cowardly thief. Quite different from the megalomaniacal genius with grand aspirations he'd later become. One could argue dying and returning as an undead mutant abomination actually improved his intellect and ambition.

My one problem with it is that it feels too much like a season two episode, and not like it's actually set before season one. Even Zyme's mostly out of place appearance can't change this.

Agreed, it was also my favourite. Viper was unfortunately the only villain to be given any backstory, and that makes him quite special.
0 x
It feels so good to be bad!
Click above & enjoy

MSTRazorFan89
Just Moved In

Postby MSTRazorFan89 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:47 pm

Madkat's episode blew me away in a lot of different ways. Not only they never fought anything like Madkat before. All of these crazy possibilities made the episode more entertaining to watch. An enemy capable of handling almost everything the SWAT Kats had in their arsenal. This guy actually capturing descendants of those who imprisoned him centuries ago. Thus is one of the very few SWAT Kats villains to achieve his goal. Madkat allowed this to be one of their craziest episodes to date.
1 x

GeminiGenie
Just Moved In

Postby GeminiGenie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:31 am

To quote others here, it is a bit of tough question because there are so many episodes out of the seasons that I enjoy. But I'd have to say the one's that really stick out in my memory are Destructive Nature, and The Deadly Pyramid. The Deadly Pyramid (probably not the correct title, sorry) has really stellar animation and fight choreography which I'm pretty into. When T-Bone gets grabbed around the waist by that mummy, and he's banging away at it's fist to get it to let him go, you can see the weight and depth of it's flesh. And of him as he's struggling to get away. I also really like the fight between Razor and the Past Master. It's so one sided. Razor literally kicks out through a solid stone wall at one point to get at this little red, one eyed dude. He and T-Bone are just so in sync and on point as partners the whole time and I love it.

As for Destructive Nature...the scenes where Dr. Viper is crying over and molesting his spore pod always make me laugh. He's just so into this fantasy of his. Of the spore pod bursting and turning Megakat City into a beautiful swamp. I also really enjoy Razor and Callie running through the building together fighting plant monsters. It's just a fun episode. :)
2 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:53 pm

ugh it was such a tough call between mutation city and Cry Turmoil!!! Both had really good animation, story, got deeper into Chance, now if we can get deeper into Jake. I think the opening and ending was what I biased the tie breaker on lol. I liked the reminder of how competitive they are, Chance trying to be a tough guy over noting. I think this episode has the most development with them and their friendship and I like the small bit of humor at the end. My only thing that bugs me a bit is was Razor wearing a seat bet when he got knocked out, or did that thing malfunction? lol at lest the jet stays up in the air.
0 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:43 am

Considering he falls into the water, maybe the seatbelt automatically disengages in water so the occupant won't be dragged down by the weight of the seat and drown.
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Return to “SK Show Discussion”