Podcast Development

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Podcast Development

Postby MoDaD » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:13 pm

The idea of a podcast was mentioned not too long ago, and after some consideration (and the realization that I have pretty much everything needed to at least produce a simple one) I think it's a project worth attempting. This is partially inspired by my experience interviewing fans at Anime Matsuri, as a lot of you had some great insights. I also may have the opportunity for the occasional "special guest" down the road.

But, despite that, I'd like to keep this project's initial aspirations relatively low by keeping the goals and concepts fairly simple, without any long-term declarations. Basically, a "let's try this once and see how it goes" kind of approach.

With that in mind, I'd like to construct a list of guest ideas - and from that we can try to narrow down the content and the format.

So, as a preliminary sort of way to get this started, I'd like to know, who in the SWAT Kats fandom would you like to hear talk about the show, or talk about their projects? Are there any authors, artists or other contributors who you'd like to hear from? Likewise, if you're an author or artists, this could be an opportunity to promote your work.

Also, what kind of topics do you think are good for a conversational discussion? They can even be old or tired ones that have been written about to excess over time :lol:

This is something I'd like to try after I get the swatkats.info relaunch done (which should be soon-ish), so after maybe a week or two of discussion about this I can coordinate a first attempt. And, to alleviate any concerns, yes, I would edit these to remove any mistakes that can result from a live recording, with "do overs" encouraged. Pretty much a similar approach I've taken to the videos on the YouTube channel.

The preferred format would be Skype audio, but I can also connect to mobiles and landlines for recording (though the quality does drop a little depending on your network).
4 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Re: Podcast Development

Postby Cait » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:53 pm

I don't think it's a bad idea. In this we can not just talk about the swat kats series, but the Tremblays and Hanna Barbera (and their other proyects), coment art pieces and fanfics of the artists and writers interested (for example, i'm very interested in how it will be with Poecat, Tazkat and Mr. Goodkat and their works), share your thoughs, MoDaD, about the Anime Matsuri con (I know this has been done in the forums already, but it can be done too in the podcast) or we can even do things like "leave your questions or thoughs about anything related to swatkats, tremblays, etc and we'll try to answer it or talk about that". It'll be very interesting if there are at least 2 people in the podcast as they can have a conversation.

Those are my ideas for it.

PS: Special guests... If the Tremblays could... ᶘ *ᴥ*ᶅ
1 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:56 pm

Hmm... as far as fandom folks go, I wouldn't mind hearing (if they'd go for it) from some of the veterans who were around back in the day, even before my time. Ranging from website hosts (Strike, Cassandro, Kishikat aka Razaar (sp?), Kris) to RPG creator/maintainers (Strike, Sage, RJ Tremor) to authors both old and new alike and artists both old and new alike. It would be interesting to hear how they got in the fandom, are they still involved, what things they are doing, has SWAT Kats inspired anything they've done or gotten them to learn how to do something (like web design, art, writing), fond memories of the fandom and/or show itself, and what they think about the revival.

Guests... obviously the Tremblays though we've heard from them a lot recently so I would be interested in more of the writers. Lance has always been vocal throughout the fandom's existence with gracing us an interview or two. I'd like to see more from Glenn as he wrote the most episodes I think. Voice actors would be awesome but I'm sure more difficult to get. Maybe even other available production crew like Brodie Chandler who is credited to the music composition. Questions for them would be if they enjoyed the SWAT Kats, was it among their favorite productions, what their experience was like, how they got into whichever particular career is, what things they've done since, would they want to continue the series, and what they think about the revival.

This kinda reminds me of the SWAT Kats Journal news pages you put together back in the day. Are those still available anywhere? I thought those were pretty neat.
5 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:41 pm

Felony wrote:This kinda reminds me of the SWAT Kats Journal news pages you put together back in the day. Are those still available anywhere? I thought those were pretty neat.

The text files are somewhere, but there's image captures available here. Glancing at those, I'm reminded that my writing sucks :lol:
1 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:16 pm

Thnx for the art vouch, Cait :D

I know I would definitely love to hear about their creative process as it relates to character design and world building. Would they ever consider publishing a comic series in the future (of course one thing at a time)?

I can't think of any more 'what if's' off the top of my head but I know a lot of fans artists, writers and forumers are great sources to draw from on a whole.
1 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Artsite
My Blog
Art Commission Info

Ocelot
Resident
Flag: Philippines

Postby Ocelot » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:24 am

This is great news especially since i was the one who brought it up hehe.

Voice actors are a must. I dont think getting them will be too difficult. Ive heard many of the voice actors on this show do many interviews for other fan podcast before.

I would freak if you can get an artist from Mook studios to do an interview.

Also how about some outside the box guest. Like say someone in the aviation field.
4 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:38 am

Ocelot wrote:Also how about some outside the box guest. Like say someone in the aviation field.

That sounds quite interesting :3
2 x

Ocelot
Resident
Flag: Philippines

Postby Ocelot » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:36 am

Its been a while. Any updates people just wondering.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:50 am

I'd really love to hear from Glenn Leopold. Falk is pretty vocal, but Leopold I haven't heard much from at all.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Postby LowdogCraft » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:26 pm

I'd personally like to hear more from Mark Lungo and what he thinks the future of SWAT Kats would be like, although since he's a member of this forum, I don't think we'll have to worry about anything but time constraints. :lol:

If I had anything in store for the fandom, I'd happily talk about it on the podcast. I'm planning to start a manga/comic series based on completely new characters in a separate universe(not trying to compete with Jacob, Felony or R.D.O. here XD), so perhaps once I write a story and practice drawing backgrounds and vehicles, I could get that off the ground. Maybe.
4 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

Return to “SK Show Discussion”