Podcast Development

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: Podcast Development

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Oh, goodness, how could I have forgotten Mark?! Yes, definitely, I'd love for him to participate! :D
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Jacob1290
Raccoon with a pen

Postby Jacob1290 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:13 pm

MoDaD wrote:The idea of a podcast was mentioned not too long ago, and after some consideration (and the realization that I have pretty much everything needed to at least produce a simple one) I think it's a project worth attempting. This is partially inspired by my experience interviewing fans at Anime Matsuri, as a lot of you had some great insights. I also may have the opportunity for the occasional "special guest" down the road.

But, despite that, I'd like to keep this project's initial aspirations relatively low by keeping the goals and concepts fairly simple, without any long-term declarations. Basically, a "let's try this once and see how it goes" kind of approach.

With that in mind, I'd like to construct a list of guest ideas - and from that we can try to narrow down the content and the format.

So, as a preliminary sort of way to get this started, I'd like to know, who in the SWAT Kats fandom would you like to hear talk about the show, or talk about their projects? Are there any authors, artists or other contributors who you'd like to hear from? Likewise, if you're an author or artists, this could be an opportunity to promote your work.

Also, what kind of topics do you think are good for a conversational discussion? They can even be old or tired ones that have been written about to excess over time :lol:

This is something I'd like to try after I get the swatkats.info relaunch done (which should be soon-ish), so after maybe a week or two of discussion about this I can coordinate a first attempt. And, to alleviate any concerns, yes, I would edit these to remove any mistakes that can result from a live recording, with "do overs" encouraged. Pretty much a similar approach I've taken to the videos on the YouTube channel.

The preferred format would be Skype audio, but I can also connect to mobiles and landlines for recording (though the quality does drop a little depending on your network).

I would love to be a co-star or a guest. I'm hardly ever busy.
1 x
If there's a will, There's a way. #LoveWins
I got myself a medal of honor just by sitting in the dark drawing
Website HERE >> http://swatkats.net/ <<
ImageImage

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:52 pm

Ocelot wrote:Its been a while. Any updates people just wondering.

Delayed. Resources from this are currently being used for something else which may or may not happen depending on people's schedules. I'd say things are still several months away.
0 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:23 pm

Well, you asked for it, and like many ideas there are good ones and there are bad ones :lol: You'll have to decide which one this falls under. Our humble pilot for The MEGA SWAT Kast:

A work in-progress, with room to grow and to incorporate the ideas and guest suggestions from this thread at a later date...assuming there is a later date ManxScared
9 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:07 pm

MoDaD wrote:Well, you asked for it, and like many ideas there are good ones and there are bad ones :lol: You'll have to decide which one this falls under. Our humble pilot for The MEGA SWAT Kast:

A work in-progress, with room to grow and to incorporate the ideas and guest suggestions from this thread at a later date...assuming there is a later date ManxScared

Take your time No need to rush
2 x

LadyStormcrow
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby LadyStormcrow » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:06 pm

I sure hope there is a later date, because that was wonderful! RazorLoveCait

Seriously, that was a lot of fun to listen to, guys. I laughed a lot at the image of the Pastmaster leaving romantic doodles in the Tome, and the idea that Feral is fourth wall aware and knows he's been cast in the unsympathetic role. For a pilot podcast, it's a good start, and I definitely look forward to more, whether it's guest stars or just the three of you :D
5 x
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall party on the Internet.

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:36 am

Oh, it happened! Nice RazorHappyCait

Written while listening:

- "A dead guy!" TboneLaughCait
- NeeKnight explanation moments are the best lol
- About the names... I can see The Pastmaster always rings twice as a pilot episode, maybe intended to be a episode for a more advanced part of the show, but at the same time that doesn't have any sense since being pilot it needs to give basic information as the important characters' names. Just thinking out aloud...
- *Motorcicle passes by*
- Oh, I was right... This wasn't suppossed to be the first episode TboneLaughCait
- "They die, end of the show" RazConfused
Spoiler:
Callie does not aprove.

- And this is how a film kacktail is made! RazLaugh
- True... everytime the SWAT Kats are in the middle, Feral just shouts and throws all his bad being to them, but now that they're not around, he misses them! How cute~ RazorLoveCait
- Agreed, Scaredy Manx is the best ManxScared
- Thank you MoDaD for pausing there! God, FINALLY!
- "...you have more than one clock face" That's true, but Megakat City here doesn't have even a city hall plaza, it just lacks everything! And with all those huge buildings around, I doubt anyone can see its only clock face to begin with.
- "The radical podcast" just because we didn't had enough silliness yet TboneLaughCait
- A cat! OMG CUUUUUTE WANNA HUG RazorLoveCait
- Cement!? Don't dare to! TboneSwearCait

Final commentary:

It was very fun and interesting :3 Thanks to you all for doing it and hope there is a next time, indeed! And not with just you, but other fans out there (since I'm not "audiogenic" and I tend to just stay quiet and laught at others commentaries... RazSad ) or even people related with a specific theme about the show.
4 x

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Postby LowdogCraft » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:11 pm

I'm listening to the podcast as I'm typing this and I'm loving every minute of it. This was a great idea and I'm excited to see what you guys do with it in the future. RazorLoveCait

Also, Feral would be great at CinemaSins. XD
3 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident

Postby EricoBard » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:56 pm

I won't volunteer myself, but if you felt the need to pick my brain, you know how to find me. In the meantime...more work to do.
0 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:31 pm

LadyStormcrow wrote:I sure hope there is a later date, because that was wonderful! RazorLoveCait

Cait wrote:It was very fun and interesting :3 Thanks to you all for doing it and hope there is a next time, indeed! And not with just you, but other fans out there

LowdogCraft wrote:I'm listening to the podcast as I'm typing this and I'm loving every minute of it. This was a great idea and I'm excited to see what you guys do with it in the future. RazorLoveCait

Thanks for the compliments! There are some technical things I'll need to correct for the next one that I bypassed due to time restraints, so thank you for listening through all of that anyway RazHoping
EricoBard wrote:I won't volunteer myself, but if you felt the need to pick my brain, you know how to find me. In the meantime...more work to do.

You're definitely on the list of fans I'd like to include in some way at some point...but I think the show needs to get its legs first and the format a little more polished. I appreciate the offer ;)
2 x

Return to “SK Show Discussion”