Unanswered Questions

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
marhawkman
Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Unanswered Questions

Postby marhawkman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:52 pm

#teamHyena

To be honest, most characters in this show really don't appear to have even had backstories written as writer's guides. IE no one ever decided what it was. I really think the eyes are part of how his design is uniquely colorful. But that's all out-of-universe.

IN universe.... no way to know really. we only saw him around 5 minutes.
0 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:Typically, characters with eyes like that are mutations, supernatural in some manner, aliens, robots or imbued with some kind of power or wearing masks (hi, SWAT Kats!).

Actually, Swat Kats eyes when as Razor and T-Bone... Those are just the masks:

This makes me think... My Razor costume has also white fabric in the eyes and when I'm wearing it I can't barely see! How creeplings is Razor able to always hit his targets? And how T-Bone manages to fly the Turbokat so well? THE MASKS BLINDS THEM!!! RazConfused
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:37 pm

marhawkman wrote:#teamHyena

#teamNotAHyena'CauseItMakesNoSense. RazLaugh

Cait wrote:Actually, Swat Kats eyes when as Razor and T-Bone... Those are just the masks:

That's what I said. RazLaugh

Whatever the reason, when masked, the SWAT Kats lack pupils, so my point still stands. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's an animation error and there's supposed to be eye holes there as opposed to white fabric.

One interesting tidbit regarding the SWAT Kats' eyes is that the model sheets dictate that we're supposed to see their pupils for certain expressions (I seem to remember Razor's briefly flash by when Callie bonks him with the flower pot in Destructive Nature. Poor Razor. RazHurt
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

marhawkman
Resident

Postby marhawkman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:13 pm

My hypothesis is that the show creators thought Hyenas were cats. They're NOT, but... not everyone knows that. They're not dogs either... they're their own thing.

As for the eyes... I think the animators did that to distinguish normal people from others.
1 x

SVMON94
Resident
Flag: Finland

Postby SVMON94 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:48 am

Something really funny i've noticed about swat kats and some other saturday morning cartoons. If magic is used in the show,it can be only used by characters from the middle ages. (Pastmaster and Callista) Sometimes in said era only. I call this the "Only medievil people can use magic" rule. This just came into my mind when i was thinking about medieval time travel episodes in cartoons. One cartoon even had 3 episodes about this. SinianThisCait
3 x
I ship felina x callie with a burning passion.

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:48 pm

I've brought it up elsewhere, but I really would like to know what happened to surviving kats infected by the Ci-Kat-A. We know Street was scheduled to return in Doctors of Doom, and the three infected Enforcer pilots all died, but what about the five (or so) MASA guards? Four of them were knocked out, and we never did find out what happened to the one with the mustache. Would they be captured and contained? Would a cure be searched for? And what if they escaped and started the plague anew? Just how far would their transformations progress without the queen? Would they stop at just being bug-eyed kats since she died, or still eventually become (more or less) full Ci-Kat-A like Street? Some missed story potential with them.
0 x

marhawkman
Resident

Postby marhawkman » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Yeah that is where the show's format became a hindrance to story telling. X-Men TAS had the same time limit, but regularly did multipart eps, and sometimes continued a story across eps even when they weren't multiparters. Thus they regularly left dangling plot points when they didn't finish an ep completely.

Another that bugged me a lot: who made Dr. Viper's favorite mutagen?
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:40 pm

What favorite mutagen do you speak of? We've seen several.
0 x

marhawkman
Resident

Postby marhawkman » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:01 am

Hmm.... good question. Maybe the one from Mutation City? I seem to remember he stole it from some chemical company.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:31 am

It was Katalyst X-63. "Dr. Viper stole a shipment of it just last week." Presumably from Megakat Biochemical, or from "the chemical factory" mentioned in Destructive Nature. ViperLaughCait
0 x

Return to “SK Show Discussion”