Succubus! (The Curse of Kataluna) Plot Summary

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Re: Succubus! (The Curse of Kataluna) Plot Summary

Postby Cait » Sat May 21, 2016 3:40 am

Finally have the time to read it!!!

Wow, I'm agree with most of you, this would be the best episode of the series if done! Our characters seems to finally got some more plot for themselves as they figth a new brand enemy. And that's not all...

Callie and Jake dating!?
Feral proposing marriage!?!?
Manx losing a donation!?!?!? Oh, wait, that's not new :lol:

I like the episode a lot, every possible way. But as you said, it has some flaws in the plot. For example, I can't see Feral being in love that badly... It doesn't fit him!

Another detail I like is Jake liking orchesta. It comes to me a scene of him with headphones listening to it while Chance is Rock 'n Rolling next to a stereo xD Maybe sometime I'll try drawing it...
3 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Postby marklungo » Sat May 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Cait wrote:Callie and Jake dating!?

Well, it's debatable how much of a date it was, but I'm sure just seeing them together would make their shippers (which include me) freak out. :D
3 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun May 22, 2016 12:15 am

Cait wrote:Manx losing a donation!?!?!? Oh, wait, that's not new :lol:

At least Katrina had already paid for the libraries, parks and the philharmonic hall before she turned to dust. :lol:

The only thing she never got around to doing was adding the new wing to Enforcer Headquarters. Which, I'm guessing, is just fine with Feral. I doubt he would've liked working in a building partially paid for by his ex who who tried to kill him. :lol:

There's also a huge missed opportunity here. Twice, Jake and Feral are in the same scene and do not interact or acknowledge one another. It would've been interesting to see just how awkward things would've gotten if Feral had looked over and seen Callie with one of the guys he fired. :lol:
4 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran

Postby AkaneKitty » Sun May 22, 2016 12:24 am

Kooshmeister wrote:There's also a huge missed opportunity here. Twice, Jake and Feral are in the same scene and do not interact or acknowledge one another. It would've been interesting to see just how awkward things would've gotten if Feral had looked over and seen Callie with one of the guys he fired. :lol:

That's a huge missed opportunity.

Was this even referenced by Jake as possibly being nervous about being in the same vicinity as Feral? I can get Feral not noticing Jake because he's smitten with Katrina, but Jake should have at least been uneasy.

Once again I question the decision to make Feral the one who essentially creates the SWAT Kats. It's never brought up again when it should. You could possibly remove Feral from the creation and not lose anything for how little it's referenced.
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun May 22, 2016 1:53 am

AkaneKitty wrote:Was this even referenced by Jake as possibly being nervous about being in the same vicinity as Feral? I can get Feral not noticing Jake because he's smitten with Katrina, but Jake should have at least been uneasy.

During the actual performance, Feral is out of his view in the private box with Manx and Katrina, so he never sees them. The only other opportunity for him to have seen Feral is when he and Callie leave, as everyone is outside in the parking lot, but neither group acknowledges the other.

The script is fully typed up and submitted to Matt, and hopefully it'll be up on the Encyclopedia for everyone to read and judge for themselves without needing me as some intermediary. For authenticity's sake, I kept Glenn Leopold's typos, so the .txt file is, as best as I could make it, exactly as it appears on the physical page.
4 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Sun May 22, 2016 9:55 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:...hopefully it'll be up on the Encyclopedia for everyone to read and judge for themselves without needing me as some intermediary. For authenticity's sake, I kept Glenn Leopold's typos, so the .txt file is, as best as I could make it, exactly as it appears on the physical page.
Available here. Special thanks to Kooshmeister for making this available and taking on the no doubt tedious task of assembling this.
3 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon May 23, 2016 3:22 am

Woo. :D

I'm currently futzing with the summary so it better reflects the script and correcting a lot of my errors in it. Why bother with the summary? Well, because the script is a bit dry (being predominantly on the technical side for obvious reasons), and so the summary is intended to be for people who might consider a full script a bit of a slog. However, I'm just glad that actual script is now up so I don't have to serve as an intermediary anymore.
2 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Mon May 23, 2016 5:02 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:Why bother with the summary?
Cos the script's too long and I don't know when I'll have the time to read it! :lol:
2 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Mon May 23, 2016 5:16 pm

Hey, I just remember a scene if not violent, at least creepy somehow...

In every metallikats episode they explode, end like a raisin or are crushed violently. I know, they are robots, but they are living beings anyway! ᶘ ¬ᴥ¬ᶅ
4 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu May 26, 2016 2:03 pm

Heh, it's fine to violently smash up robots. It's why the Foot Soldiers in Ninja Turtles were robots, so the Turtles could stab, hack and bash them consequence free.
3 x

Return to “SK Show Discussion”