Does Feral know about how Callie's SWAT Kat communicator?

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: Does Feral know about how Callie's SWAT Kat communicator?

Postby AkaneKitty » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:29 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:But I don't want this to turn into another "poor Enforcers" thread. TboneLaughCait

If you don't do it Koosh, I'll be forced to! LOL

Kooshmeister wrote:One of my least favorite criticisms about the Enforcers, since it ignores that the SWAT Kats have a distinct advantage over them in Callie often alerting them before the authorities. Which I don't hold against her. I just wish the Enforcers' tardiness - compared to the SWAT Kats, anyway - wasn't held against them the way it is. They get there when they can.

I don't fault Callie having the communicator either. Someone has to have it, like the Bat Signal, so I'd expect Callie to have it. It moves the plot along. What I do fault is how her having the communicator is ignored as having an advantage over the Enforcers, which is then used against them as them not doing their job or failing at it.

I'm probably thinking way too deeply into this, but what if the Enforcers were killing themselves to shave seconds off of their response time? What if Feral was constantly trying to figure out why he's a step behind the SWAT Kats when to responding? It's little things like that which show how unfair the situation is.

In fact, is Callie calling the Enforcers at all after alerting the SWAT Kats? Or are the Enforcers only getting alerts from concerned citizens?
If she isn't alerting them, and the Enforcers are getting hit with tardiness complaints, then that's really messed up.

This is why I have to side eye Felina getting the oh so cute nearly identical communicator in Succubus. If she keeps it and hides it from Feral, I'd consider that a major betrayal against him and her comrades at arms. She would be actively circumventing her Uncle. I would expect a really good explanation to why she would do that and not just lip service. In fact, I'd expect her to give it back once the danger was over.
5 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:44 pm

I think Feral has at least some suspicion that Callie can communicate with the Swat Kats. He doesn't know how, but they've shown up to save Callie specifically too many times for it to be a coincidence. Though I do feel the Enforcers show up in reasonable time. They don't have jets that go the speed of heat. They have cars and choppers. They are going as fast as they can. And just because we don't see it, doesn't mean Callie also calls 911 on her cell phone to report things as well.

But not just the communication device, I'm sure Feral wonders if Callie knows exactly who the Swat Kats are under their masks. She is clearly personally invested in them; she cares about them. Does she know who they really are? Is that why she cares so much? And then Feral battles internally on personal issues of having the Deputy Mayor followed or bugged in order to get this information-- which would be highly illegal. I think if it was anyone else beside the Deputy Mayor or something else with similar status he would have found a way to get a warrant to tap the phones.

I also agree with AkaneKitty about Felina getting her own communicator and then not telling her uncle. If Feral knew it existed, he would want to give it to his tech squad to see if he could trace the signal. But if Felina kept it a secret, she would be betraying both her Uncle's trust and those of her peers. It would be her saying she doesn't think the kats she works with are up to the task of protecting the city. And Felina don't play that. I would have loved to see Felina decline if it was ever offered. She likes the Swat Kats, but she loves her uncle and her job more. When you work in the force, those fellow officers become your family. I feel it's poor writing and characterization to have Felina just merrily become a Swat Kats fangirl. Why would she even need to call them? She's an enforcer, SHE can handle it.
2 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:10 pm

AkaneKitty wrote:Sure Callie's link to the SKs might give them a small advantage in the scheme of things, but it is an advantage the Enforcers, especially Feral, doesn't have.

Lol Yeah I didn't really think about it till now, but yeah. meanwhile in past master rings twice T-bones makes a comment about them being late as usual. Uh yeah cuz Callie didnt call them first. lol. But in destructive nature she does try the phone first so maybe she was going to call the enforcers but the phone was dead. oh well. Could be interesting if that should of been the 1st episode. I think it was suppose to be giant bacteria but maybe if you watch the 1st four episodes in reverse order it would be better. not that it matters much.
0 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:15 pm

As for Felina and the communicator, I think she would be to proud and strong willed to ask for help. How many enforcers take a bazooka on there jet? Is it like her lucky bazooka or just dying to play a real life version of space invaiders meet duck hunt?
0 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Return to “SK Show Discussion”