Original Episode Production Order

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: United States of America

Re: Original Episode Production Order

Postby Felony » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Chronological order didn't seem important. SWAT Kats was one of those cartoons where you could just jump in at any given episode and not be lost. I do hope there is a story arc that spans at least a few episodes in the continuation. Is there no episode production number in the credits?
2 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Cait wrote:
Jiesi wrote:Omg it's not always Juily lol. just happened to watch Unplugged and the calendar is blank. I wonder what happened.

Would say that's another "production error", a detail that passed unnoticed like Pastmaster's tail in some shots of The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice, Callie's tail color or whole Jake's abdomen in a shot in Unlikely Alloys. The whole theme about the calendar has been already discussed a few times and apparently it always says "july" and/or has that sexy kat image on it TboneLaughCait

Oh yeah I know, theres dozens of errors,some I don't know how they forgot, to others I can kinda understand. Maybe needed the bathroom came back and forgot. just found it funny that I just happened to see it while talking about it. It's this weird thing my mom and I have where we bring up something and then it happens...unfortunatly it doesn't work when we say we're gonna win the lotto.....
1 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Jiesi wrote:I find it really hard to believe that they only have one jet.

If they have multiple Turbokats, T-Bone wouldn't be so broken up about losing one in Katastrophe, or frequently refuse to bail out; they also wouldn't need Manx to pay (twice!) for either substantial repairs or complete replacements.

I thought that was like a macho thing. Especially working so hard on it only to break it and then to have to start from scratch or well near scratch again cuz we know where its gonna end up. A friend of mine is a mechanic, a wrench must of fallen on his head at one point cuz I think hes freaking nuts, but he loved this car to death that he made when he was 17. Even tho he made another one and took it when he moved he had to freaking coomeback for it as welll as to be a pain in my rear DarkKatFury
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:16 am

Felony wrote:Is there no episode production number in the credits?

...and now I feel dumb for not having thought of that. RazorPainCait

Jiesi wrote:I thought that was like a macho thing. Especially working so hard on it only to break it and then to have to start from scratch or well near scratch again cuz we know where its gonna end up. A friend of mine is a mechanic, a wrench must of fallen on his head at one point cuz I think hes freaking nuts, but he loved this car to death that he made when he was 17. Even tho he made another one and took it when he moved he had to freaking coomeback for it as welll as to be a pain in my rear DarkKatFury

I dunno. They also insist that Feral loans them an Enforcer jet for them to use until the Turbokat gets replaced. That could've just been to needle him, though, so you could be right... but remember that in When Strikes Mutilor the reason they turn the tow truck into the Thunder Truck is because repairs on the Turbokat aren't finished (I think that in the time it took to create, use and then lose the Thunder Truck could've been better spent finishing the repairs, but, eh, that's neither here nor there). If you were right and they had other Turbokats on standby, they could've just used one of those instead. Unless your argument is that after Katastrophe they'd exhausted their supply of spare jets. Which is likely, but I still disagree that they have exact duplicates of the same jet lying around.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:03 am

I tottally forgot about that episode. Now the real question is do they have a back up tow truck lol. Now who's going to tow that little old lady TboneLaughCait . Yeah Razor even said to T-Bone to make sure he has a good landing cuz he didn't want to rebuild the turbokat again. I think they're crazy for only having one. I love how they some how get 2 weeks worth of work in an hr or 2.
2 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Jiesi wrote:Omg it's not always Juily lol. just happened to watch Unplugged and the calendar is blank. I wonder what happened.

You know what I think you're right I know that episode that episode 3 "The Wrath of Dark Kat" where we get to see the Calendar but Never in blank on Episode 18b"Swat Kats Unplugged" but I'm still curious
1 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Nah it's July. I tried to figure out why like everyone else probably did. It is weird cuz you have a team of people with different angles in different episodes. You'd think one guy just one time would say lets make it May or April lol. I thought maybe they reused the backgrounds but the X on the days vary and the pose of the swimsuit model is different. I bet they did it just to bug us lol convince us its a code or something lol
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:53 am

Expanded list of episodes in production order, as per recent revelations of the Christmas treasure trove Matt has graced us with.

9301 - The Giant Bacteria
9302 - The Metallikats
9303 - The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice
9304 - Destructive Nature
9305 - The Wrath of Dark Kat
9306 - Bride of the Pastmaster
9307 - Night of the Dark Kat
9808 - The Ghost Pilot
9309 - Chaos in Crystal
9310 - The Ci-Kat-A
9311 - Enter the Madkat
9312 - Metal Urgency
9313 - Katastrophe

9401 - A Bright and Shiny Future
9402 - Mutation City
9403 - When Strikes Mutilor
9404 - Razor's Edge
9405 - The Deadly Pyramid
9406 - The Dark Side of the SWAT Kats
9407 - Caverns of Horror
9409 - Succubus!
9410 - Turmoil 2: The Revenge
9411 - The Doctors of Doom
9421 - Cry Turmoil
9422 - SWAT Kats Unplugged
9424 - The Origin of Dr. Viper

This leaves, I believe, Volcanus Erupts! and Unlikely Alloys as the lone unaccounted-for episodes. They're likely 9423 and 9408, respectively, but I'll wait and see.

The second season can't be watched in its original production order, or at least it couldn't if Turmoil 2 were completed.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:22 am

Kooshmeister wrote:9410 - Turmoil 2: The Revenge
9421 - Cry Turmoil
The second season can't be watched in its original production order, or at least it couldn't if Turmoil 2 were completed.

This is an interesting detail... Having the sequel before anything else is just strange. If somehow the show was done so it could be seen in production order, could it be Cry Turmoil was going to be an episode remembering the past? This also makes me think about the production number for The Origin of Dr. Viper and subsequently of all episodes after Unlikely Alloys: all of them were done with half the duration of a normal episode (plus making them advance too fast in the plot, ignoring a lot of details, giving too many unanswered questions and, overall, making them feel uncompleted) or were just discarded. It is like they were rushing the things to end the second season fast while trying to use every single idea they had... Nothing of that happened in season 1 (Katastrofe was not an exception since the whole plot was changed).
Don't take me wrong, but I just feel something is missing. ZymeIcon Anyway, just thinking out loud.
2 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:29 pm

Yes, I've noticed that the half-length episodes have higher production numbers than the full-length ones, which wreaks havoc with the numbering system. Another reason they were a bad idea, I guess...
0 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Return to “SK Show Discussion”