POLL: Favorite SWAT Kat

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.

Which is your favorite SWAT Kat?

T-Bone
38%
Razor
36%
I like both equally!
26%

Total votes: 39

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: POLL: Favorite SWAT Kat

Postby EricoBard » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:11 pm

Well, that's easy. Jake/Razor, every day, all day.

He's the gadget man.

He can karate kick himself out of a stone sarcophagus.

He may only fly the jet when Chance is out of commission, but he's the best damn Cyclotron rider, since he does it more often.
Jake spends more time on ground missions than Chance, who has to fly the Turbokat.

He started with an F-14 airframe and heavily modified it to have VTOL, three main engines, a weapons bay capable of storing SEVERAL different missile types, a motorcyle that may or may not link to his seat, ROCKET BOOSTERS, a sub-orbital mode that puts it on par with the SR-71 Blackbird, and a Speed of Heat drive.

Jake has a mixture of laid back and absolute fixation which makes him approachable and yet a genius.

He's the one Callie will flirt with way more often on any given day.

Jake is the one who comes up with the "Ideas so crazy that they HAVE to work!"

He may not be the brawler Chance is. He may not have the overwhelming physique of his partner which only Dark Kat and Commander Feral can exceed. What he does have is brains for days...

And a ruthless streak which made him the best CSO (Combat Systems Officer) that the Enforcers ever had flying in the back seat. Chance flares up like a phosphorus match.
Jake is like acetylene. You don't want to get him angry. It takes a lot to set him off, but when he does go...You'd better run. Because there is no safe place for you to hide.

-Erico
3 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:48 am

EricoBard wrote:Well, that's easy. Jake/Razor, every day, all day.

He's the gadget man.

He can karate kick himself out of a stone sarcophagus.

He may only fly the jet when Chance is out of commission, but he's the best damn Cyclotron rider, since he does it more often.
Jake spends more time on ground missions than Chance, who has to fly the Turbokat.

He started with an F-14 airframe and heavily modified it to have VTOL, three main engines, a weapons bay capable of storing SEVERAL different missile types, a motorcyle that may or may not link to his seat, ROCKET BOOSTERS, a sub-orbital mode that puts it on par with the SR-71 Blackbird, and a Speed of Heat drive.

Jake has a mixture of laid back and absolute fixation which makes him approachable and yet a genius.

He's the one Callie will flirt with way more often on any given day.

Jake is the one who comes up with the "Ideas so crazy that they HAVE to work!"

He may not be the brawler Chance is. He may not have the overwhelming physique of his partner which only Dark Kat and Commander Feral can exceed. What he does have is brains for days...

And a ruthless streak which made him the best CSO (Combat Systems Officer) that the Enforcers ever had flying in the back seat. Chance flares up like a phosphorus match.
Jake is like acetylene. You don't want to get him angry. It takes a lot to set him off, but when he does go...You'd better run. Because there is no safe place for you to hide.

-Erico

Wow, I take my hat off, sir. You know Jake like no one else. ᶘ ^ᴥ^ᶅ
1 x

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident

Postby EricoBard » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:18 pm

If you don't know a character's personality, flaws, strengths, and guiding influences, you will never be able to write them as well as they deserve. 17 years of writing has taught me this, among its many other life lessons. To the relief of many, the Tremblays and their fellow script writers did manage to spend enough time showing us, through their actions and words, everything that we needed to know about the SWAT Kats...for a rough outline, at least.

Then it's just a matter of filling in the gaps, of which there are plenty. Oh, sure, there are the easy questions: Where are their families? Does anyone remember the two hotshot pilots back in the Enforcers? As a game show contestant had to have said at some point, "Give me a hard one."

Questions like, what was the fallout of them being kicked off the force? Was there bad blood in the Enforcers that we never were shown?

I like Jake because I understand him, and I identify with him. That second part's important.

It doesn't mean I understand why people like Chance any less, I get the appeal, trust me. But Chance was always the easier nut to crack, the simpler one to understand. He watches cartoons, he likes comic books, he sees himself as a hero, and that's why he acts and flies the way he does around villains, bullies, and sticks in the mud bureaucrats. When he had his future as a cop stolen away from him, he adapted.

Jake showed him how.

-Erico
3 x

MSTRazorFan89
Just Moved In

Postby MSTRazorFan89 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:31 pm

This is more difficult than choosing a favorite villain. I do like both members of the SWAT Kats a lot. Razor is more fearless, unpredictable and knows the weapons from the inside out better than T-Bone. Also Razor does take more risks head on as proven in several episodes. How can you not like this guy?
1 x

Agracite
Resident

Postby Agracite » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:01 am

It is hard to pick, but T-Bone wins out with me. I can relate a bit more to him. I love that he's into cartoons and comics and he says what he thinks straight up.
2 x
"My momma musta put agracite in my cereal when I was a kitten."

https://agraciteinmycereal.tumblr.com/

Return to “SK Show Discussion”