Turmoil 2: The Revenge Plot Summary

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Turmoil 2: The Revenge Plot Summary

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Yes, folks, once again it's fallen to me, your old pal Kooshmeister, to handle the plot summary of yet another unfinished episode of our beloved SWAT Kats. A personal request from my good buddy Matt (who you all know as "MoDaD"), I shall be taking you all on a tour of Turmoil 2: The Revenge just as I did with Succubus!

Will it also get a quasi-canonical entry on the Encyclopedia like Succubus! did? I hope so!

And now, on with the plot summary! Turmoil demands it! TurmoilIcon

For the record, this is more or less "live" and I'm writing this out as I actually read the script. I can't tell you how excited I am! RazorLoveCait

We open in Alkatraz, now apparently an all-women's prison. Turmoil and her entire surviving crew (including the lieutenant, still unnamed), in prison uniforms, are working out in the prison's exercise yard. They're the talk of the town, as another group of convicts, led by a big she-kat named Olga, don't understand why Turmoil is such hot stuff. Determined to assert her authority, Olga decides to pick a fight with Turmoil. A couple of female prison guards (the script suggests the guards are coed, by the way) try to break up the fight, but things soon degenerate into a free-for-all prison riot. Alarms go off as Turmoil and Olga's gangs hit each other and the intervening guards with barbells (!) as guards up on the walls fire tear gas down into the exercise yard.

...and it turns out Turmoil had an escape plan which the riot is providing just the right distraction for! Yep, it turns out that Olga has been working for Turmoil this entire time, creating this fight scene as a way to start a riot and keep the guards occupied. Consulting her wristwatch, she realizes "our ride" should be there any second as a jet swoops in overhead. It lowers a rescue ladder, and Turmoil's lieutenant and her guards and Omega Squadron pilots clamber up ahead of their leader. And just to show us how villainous she is, when Turmoil follows them, she makes a point of "thanking" Olga for her help by kicking her off when she attempts to climb up after her. What a shocking betrayal!

"You promised you'd get us out, too!" Olga protests after falling.

"I lied!" Turmoil says.

The (apparently rather big) jet flies off as the guards fire at it ineffectually with their laser rifles, and Olga curses Turmoil as nothing but "a treacherous alleykat."

And with that, Turmoil has escaped! Stay tuned for more!
Last edited by Kooshmeister on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
5 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Re: Turmoil 2: The Revenge Plot Summary

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:35 pm

We cut (abruptly) to a flying saucer thing spinning around shooting lasers everywhere. Is it an alien attack? No, it's just a SWAT Kats training sequence using yet another one of Razor's pointlessly complicated, needlessly dangerous whatchamacallits. In this case, it's what Glenn Leopold describes as a "laser saucer," and Razor refers to as a "pursuit laser." The SWAT Kats are running around a rocky terrain evading the thing's many blasts. At first we think they're out in the desert somewhere, but it turns out they're in the reflex room (from The Origin of Dr. Viper), and it's made even more like the X-Men's Danger Room by the fact the rocky terrain is a fake environment.

They prepare to take out the laser saucer using their Glovatrixes ("Before it takes us out!" quips T-Bone, meaning there's a very real danger this thing could actually kill them, but, as Razor says, "It wouldn't be a real test if there wasn't some danger!"). What they plan to fire, we don't discover, because Razor only gets as far as "turbo bla--" before none other than your favorite plucky little robot and mine, Cybertron, busts in through the wall (leaving a cartoon hole shaped like himself) and destroys the thing first, prompting T-Bone to complain that they shouldn't have let Hackle persuade them to take the repaired robot back. Yes, folks, Cybertron returns! Huzzah!

Razor placates his pal by assuring him the robot wasn't trying to outdo them; since he's designed to protect people, he thought he was saving them. The trio head into the hangar, where they discover Cybertron's been busy fixing the TV (which was broken apparently). Some game show host is telling the audience they can win a lifetime supply of hairball eliminator (ick). The game show is interrupted by a Kat's Eye News broadcast, with Ann Gora reporting on Turmoil's escape from Alkatraz. T-Bone is angry. Cybertron gives a "questioning beep" (since he has no idea who Turmoil is), and Razor ribs his pal ("Hey, it's your ex-girlfriend!"). Sensing that T-Bone dislikes what's on the screen, Cybertron turns the TV off, prompting Razor to say he wishes it were really that easy to get rid of Turmoil.

T-Bone vows to bring her in. They two wonder what she plans to do now that she's free.

Meanwhile, at MASA, a Puma-Dyne scientist (probably the one from Unlikely Alloys although Leopold doesn't confirm or deny) and a foreman are supervising the installation of the Mega-Beam from Unlikely Alloys. They discuss how the thing works; it's designed to seal faultlines to prevent earthquakes. The foreman is skeptical. The scientist assures him it'll work, provided they can finally get the thing up into space. Saying they ought to get to a safe area before the thing launches, the scientist descends on an elevator as the foreman decides to give the Mega-Beam "one last check." As he does so he notices three workers mucking around where they're not supposed to be, and it turns out it's Turmoil's lieutenant and two Omega Squadron pilots in disguise. The lieutenant knocks him out, and then she and her companions finish what they were doing and leave.

The rocket the Mega-Beam is on launches, but the Puma-Dyne scientist and MASA mission controller are horrified to discover it's not under their control! Also, even though we're left to assume the foreman died because Turmoil's followers left him lying within the blast zone, he's described as being in the control room with the scientist and mission controller when they realize they can't control the rocket. He sure got to safety fast. Meanwhile, we're introduced to Turmoil's new base of operations, a huge "cloud fortress" which despite its name does not seem like it's a flying base like her airship in Cry Turmoil. Turmoil is also now dressed in her old uniform with her big peaked cap and splendiferous cape. Her lieutenant (who, like the MASA foreman, sure gets places fast!) reports success on their mission and that they have control over the Mega-Beam. Turmoil orders her to target the Megakat Tower (or Megakat Towers, as the script calls it). Oh, no!!! RazDumbfounded

At Megakat Tower, the penthouse has been repaired and the building is ready to reopen. There's a big "grand reopening" banner over the front. How can it reopen if it never opened to begin with? Oh well, Megakat City's favorite punching bag is "melted down like candle wax" by a blast from the Mega-Beam (a much different result than when the thing atomized an entire mountain in Unlikely Alloys).

Somewhere, Mayor Manx is screaming in ultimate suffering. Okay, not really, but I'm reminded of how he needed to be carted off by paramedics after having a complete emotional breakdown when the Fear Train smashed into his pet skyscraper in Lance Falk's Blowout! script. I can only imagine what his react would be to this third and (excluding the non-canon Blowout!) most complete violation of his beloved Megakat Tower.

ManxScared "Leave it as it is! As a ruined melted pile of katkind's hubris!" (falls to his knees, Charlton Heston style) "WHY WAS I SO ARROGANT????!"

Turmoil going bananas with the orbital death tray and targeting buildings wouldn't play well post-9/11, I gotta say. Next up, it's Old Megakat Bridge's turn...
5 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Turmoil hacks into MASA, putting her mug on all the screens in the control room, "thanking" them for the lovely satellite, vowing to use it to take revenge against Megakat City for her months in prison.

As the Megakat Tower finishes melting, we do a match cut to Cyberton welding something in the hangar. He's repairing the laser saucer thing he broke earlier, after which, Razor tells him, he can fix the Cybertron-shaped hole in the wall he made. Jeez, what is he, their slave? That game show is still going on on TV but it's interrupted by another Ann Gora plot update as she explains what we already know; Turmoil's got the Mega-Beam.

"Crud!" cries T-Bone.

"So this is what your ex-girlfriend is up to!" quips Razor.

They rush towards the Turbokat, vowing to "kick some Turmoil tail."

Back in the cloud fortress (did she have this thing already built?), Turmoil is amazed at the Mega-Beam's power and demands it be fired again. The lieutenant targets Old Megakat Bridge this time and gives it a good zap. It starts melting and breaks in half. A school bus full of kids happens to be driving across as this is happening, and the driver slams on the brakes. The bus skids to a halt but doesn't stop in time, skidding off the edge of the split in the bridge, falling down towards the water as we fade out to a commercial. But since we know Hanna-Barbera won't kill kids in this show, we know how this is gonna end.

As we return from the ad break, the school bus full of screaming kids is still falling. The timely arrival of the SWAT Kats saves the day. Using the Mega-Manacles, they grab the school bus out of midair. They fly the bus away to safety as the bridge continues melting. I guess all the other motorists who were using the bridge when the Mega-Beam hit it are screwed. The SWAT Kats set the bus down on the beach, to much cheering from the kiddies, and then they fly off. Somehow, Turmoil is observing all of this from her control room (I guess the Mega-Beam's targeting scope lets them look in?), and she bristles at seeing the kats responsible for putting her in prison. The lieutenant sensibly suggests killing them right then and there when they're in their sights, but Turmoil dismisses this as "too easy." Besides, she says, she has "other plans" for T-Bone. Uh-oh.

In the MASA control room, Mayor Manx, Callie and Commander Feral have entered. Somehow, they, too, are able to closely observe events, and Callie comments that it's lucky the SWAT Kats saved the school bus. Manx (who is taking the complete loss of the Megakat Tower surprisingly well), demands to know who's going to save the city, and Feral says they will, producing a "code red" key, insisting they launch "Skat Missiles." He requires an identical key from Manx to perform the launch, but Manx is hesitant. However, he eventually agrees, and he and Feral insert their keys into their slots and turn them simultaneously, causing a secret missile silo to open somewhere on the MASA property, raising the "Skat Missile" (described as "SCUD-type Missiles") into view. I should mention that, so far, this is happening with zero protest from Callie.

I love the concept of the mayor and Enforcer commander having what amount to "doomsday defense" keys, like in the beginning of WarGames. Although it's odd they apparently have them on their persons at all times instead of safely locked up somewhere. Sounds like a huge security risk. And why not do this from Enforcer Headquarters? Even if the missiles are launched from MASA, it seems weird the control(s) to perform the launch are there and not at Enforcer HQ. RazConfused

And speaking of WarGames, Manx is fortunate Feral didn't "persuade" him the way the guy in that movie did:

FeralIcon "I insist you turn your key, Mr. Mayor."

The missiles fire. Observing from the Turbokat in the distance, the SWAT Kats realize the steps that've been taken; Skat Missiles are "twenty megatons" apiece, and Feral and Manx just launched two of them. Of course, it fails, as the Mega-Beam just shoots them down and that's that. With that out of the way, Turmoil does her villain thing and broadcasts another huge hologram of herself just like she did in Cry Turmoil. And just like in that episode, she demands payment in gold to prevent further destruction, only this time it's $50 million and the deadline is tomorrow morning. Manx practically has a meltdown (complete with "Godfrey!") at this exorbitant price, as the Turmoil hologram further demands that the gold be delivered to her personally by T-Bone.

Manx wonders what he's going to do, and Callie, being surprisingly fatalistic, advises him to pay the ransom. "And hope T-Bone finds a way to stop Turmoil." She seems really tired of all the sh*t Megakat City has to endure every day by this point. TboneLaughCait
Last edited by Kooshmeister on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
4 x

Agracite
Resident

Postby Agracite » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:54 pm

Are you going to transcribe the script itself? I’d rather read it than a summary.
0 x
"My momma musta put agracite in my cereal when I was a kitten."

https://agraciteinmycereal.tumblr.com/

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:55 pm

I was asked to do this first, just like I did with Succubus! I'm working from photographs of it Matt took. Maybe once this summary is done, Matt can post those. It'll save me a lot of trouble of having to do a word-for-word type-up. RazLaugh
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:55 pm

Outside the Megakat Mint, the Enforcers load gold (whether in bags or bars isn't said) into the Turbokat. Jeez, that's gonna weigh a ton! An overconfident T-Bone is reassuring Callie and Manx that he outsmarted Turmoil once and he can do it again, but Callie reminds him of the expression "once bitten, twice shy," meaning Turmoil will be ready for any shenanigans from him this time. Unconcerned, T-Bone assures her he'll beat Turmoil and return with all the gold. Manx says he'd better, or else he'll have to (what else?) raise taxes. Who keeps electing this guy?

As T-Bone settles into his seat, it seems they're not actually keep entirely to the deal; Turmoil insisted T-Bone come alone, but Razor is sitting behind him. He's calculated that their adversary's base is somewhere in the mountains. Butting in, Feral demands Manx let him blow the entire mountain up (with what?), but Razor says Turmoil will detect any incoming missiles or vehicles and destroy them. Manx, fearing retaliation from such an attack in the form of more melted buildings, forbids it. Callie reassures Feral that they have to trust the SWAT Kats.

"They have a plan... right guys?" she asks.

Razor explains they're getting around the "T-Bone needs to come alone" stipulation by having him (Razor) hide aboard and hope he doesn't get found. Some plan. He mentions something about "dropping in under the radar," so maybe he intends to use the Cyclotron or something. Feral says he hops he knows what they're doing, as they blast off. Callie wishes them good luck as Manx frets over the possible loss of all the gold, while Feral waxes philosophic with his own version of "If you give a mouse a cookie..." "Once the blackmail starts... it never stops." Well, actually, Commander, it's extortion, but whatever.

The Turbokat zooms towards the snow-covered peaks of the Megakat Mountains (which never looked particularly snowy in previous episodes). Razor, wearing a parka, is in the bomb bay area of the jet. As in previous adventures, it's big enough for him to stand upright in (think Volcanus Erupts!), but here it's just ridiculous, as not only is there room for him and the $50 million worth of gold and all those missiles the Turbokat carries, but also a new vehicle called the Snowkat, which is essentially a snowmobile version of the Sandkat, so... it's literally the same vehicle. Telling T-Bone to "handle Turmoil" until he gets there, he prepares to depart when suddenly Cybertron, having disobeyed orders to remain back at the hangar, appears in there with him.

Okay, so the Turbokat's bomb bay is big enough to hold Razor, $50 million in gold, one medium-sized vehicle, the aircraft's entire compliment of absurd missiles and Cybertron, who somehow hid in there without being noticed while the Enforcers were loading the gold or while Razor was prepping in there. RazDumbfounded

UPDATE: According to Erico, $50 million worth of gold in 1994-1995 would've been $6,123 a pound, averaging out at a total of 8,000 pounds. Meaning the Turbokat can carry in excess of 8,000 pounds. Seems legit. ZymeIcon

Through the power of beeping and pantomime, Cybertron insists on accompanying Razor. After some discussion about whether or not his oil will freeze (the robot reveals he's changed his own oil out with "WD60"), Razor finally agrees to let him come along, and the two shoot out of the jet on the Snowkat in the usual fashion. Hitting the ground, they start zooming up the side of the mountain towards the Cloud Fortress at the peak.

T-Bone flies into the base's hangar and lands, as Turmoil practically salivates over her impending titular vengeance. As he prepares to go meet his host, T-Bone sprays Binaca (a type of breath spray) into his mouth to freshen his breath, as though he expects to swap spit with Turmoil, who he then compares to "Lorena Bobkat," in a line that definitely wouldn't have made the final cut (which isn't too unusual; having read the episode scripts for Bucky O'Hare and the Toad Wars, I've found whole scenes never made it into the final episodes).
Last edited by Kooshmeister on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:31 pm

The adventure will conclude either later tonight or sometime tomorrow. I've had a long day and need a nap. RazSleep
0 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:11 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:The adventure will conclude either later tonight or sometime tomorrow. I've had a long day and need a nap. RazSleep

Take your time
1 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:57 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:I was asked to do this first, just like I did with Succubus! I'm working from photographs of it Matt took. Maybe once this summary is done, Matt can post those. It'll save me a lot of trouble of having to do a word-for-word type-up. RazLaugh

I think I could help you with turning the script to a text file. I have a program on my scanner that can pick up text in a picture and saves it as a text file. Just let me know if you’d want me to help with that. It would save you from retyping word for word.
4 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:48 pm

But I wanna know what happens NOWUGH!! XD
5 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Return to “SK Show Discussion”