Turmoil 2: The Revenge Plot Summary

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Turmoil 2: The Revenge Plot Summary

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:09 pm

marklungo wrote:
Prettyshadowj26 wrote:Damn you Glenn why would you decide to kill the character. That's was a sad sad summary you've show us

Let me give you two reasons for hope:

1. As far as Koosh's recap indicates, Turmoil's body is never shown. And you know what that means...

2. But let's suppose that Turmoil really was killed. So what? Maybe half of the SWAT Kats' rogues' gallery has come back from the dead already, including the Pastmaster, Dr. Viper, the Metallikats, the Red Lynx, and Madkat (more or less). And remember Dr. Harley Street? He was last seen plunging to seemingly certain destruction (just like Turmoil!), but he would have been brought back in "Doctors of Doom".

So, to sum up: on a show like SWAT Kats, where logic takes a back seat to whatever the creators think is cool and exciting, Turmoil could easily still be alive. And if you want to explain her survival in a fanfic, feel free--it might make for a fun story! TurmoilIcon

.....Ok you're right :)
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:56 pm

Prettyshadowj26 wrote:Damn you Glenn why would you decide to kill the character.

Now you know how one part of The Giant Bacteria makes me feel. RazorAnnoyedCait

Prettyshadowj26 wrote:That's was a sad sad summary you've show us

Don't feel too bad for her. She was an attempted (?) mass murderer who would've melted the entire city, the stated reason (besides T-Bone and the gold) being revenge for a few months of (deserved!) prison time. She was super-petty.

And did you need to quote my entire post, as opposed to just the relevant bit where she gets killed? RazConfused

marklungo wrote:But let's suppose that Turmoil really was killed. So what? Maybe half of the SWAT Kats' rogues' gallery has come back from the dead already, including the Pastmaster, Dr. Viper, the Metallikats, the Red Lynx, and Madkat (more or less). And remember Dr. Harley Street? He was last seen plunging to seemingly certain destruction (just like Turmoil!), but he would have been brought back in "Doctors of Doom".

Except all those villains are either supernatural or otherwise not normal (the Pastmaster is immortal, Mac and Molly are robots, Street had wings, etc.). Turmoil, sadly, is just a regular she-kat without any excuse of abnormality to justify bringing her back in a third episode without some kind of retroactive save, because I'm pretty sure the fall would kill her if she did in fact hit bottom. Remember, she was gonna make T-Bone leap off the same cliff. If cliff's height was enough that it would've killed him had he jumped, I'm pretty sure Turmoil's toasted (or should I say... iced?).

But I can perhaps see her returning and revealing she had a jetpack or parachute hidden under her cape and swooped off at the last second, just as Zyme could've totally escaped offscreen when the bacteria monster got distracted (come, Revolution, make it happen!).

Either way, it's interesting Leopold chose to go with "she's swept off a cliff by an avalanche" rather than the ending Mark suggested, with Turmoil simply being returned to prison and Olga getting her implied vengeance.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:32 am

Kooshmeister wrote:Except all those villains are either supernatural or otherwise not normal (the Pastmaster is immortal, Mac and Molly are robots, Street had wings, etc.).

Objection, your honor! Mac and Molly were ordinary kats until Hackle turned them into robots. I'm just making the point that in the SWAT Kats universe, there are ways to resurrect dead characters. MKIcon

Kooshmeister wrote:But I can perhaps see her returning and revealing she had a jetpack or parachute hidden under her cape and swooped off at the last second,

Which would totally be in the spirit of the show.

Kooshmeister wrote:Either way, it's interesting Leopold chose to go with "she's swept off a cliff by an avalanche" rather than the ending Mark suggested, with Turmoil simply being returned to prison and Olga getting her implied vengeance.

Well, is Turmoil is really dead, then Olga got a kind of vengeance in the long run. ViperSMile

P.S. As long as we're talking about characters inexplicably surviving incidents that should have killed them: How did any of the villains in "Katastrophe" escape the exploding warehouse? That was never explained, was it?
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:44 am

marklungo wrote:Objection, your honor! Mac and Molly were ordinary kats until Hackle turned them into robots. I'm just making the point that in the SWAT Kats universe, there are ways to resurrect dead characters. MKIcon

I was referring to their frequent comebacks after that; the fact they survive being bashed around, exploded, falling and smashing to pieces etc. because they're robots, whereas Turmoil is an ordinary person and would die from a fall that long. FeralStopSign

If she hit bottom. My aforementioned "hidden jetpack" idea would prevent this.

Of course, re: the Metallikats, there has to be a point where they're too damaged to ever be rebuilt right...? I mean, even they can presumably be permanently destroyed. It seems like it's all in whether their heads survive intact.

marklungo wrote:P.S. As long as we're talking about characters inexplicably surviving incidents that should have killed them: How did any of the villains in "Katastrophe" escape the exploding warehouse? That was never explained, was it?

My own personal take is Dark Kat reversed the way the force field bubble worked to keep those inside of it (especially himself) safe from the explosion at the last second. There were other buttons on that remote control doohicky he had. This is pure fanon, though, and beyond this, no, we have no idea how those four survived, but there's some precedent for it.

As mentioned, Mac and Molly are robots and (I guess) as long as their heads survive, they can be rebuilt. MKIcon

And Viper's survived two huge explosions before, likely due to his regenerative mutagen blood, which I admit is both fanon and would be a retcon even if it wasn't, since it wouldn't be until The Origin of Dr. Viper that we learn he even has mutagen-tainted blood. But whatever the reason, he has a knack for coming out of explosions okay. ViperSMile

That just leaves Big Purple. He himself has never been shown surviving anything a normal kat couldn't survive. He was shot down in The Wrath of Dark Kat, but only the rear portion of the ship was destroyed; he could've safely crashlanded. And he's captured alive in Night of the Dark Kat, escapes in Razor's Edge, and we don't know what happened to the alternate universe version of him. So despite his seemingly demonic nature and monstrous appearance, there's never any indication he isn't completely mortal and capable of being killed, so he's the only one of the four villains whose survival in Katastrophe has no precedent. That said, he may be mortal, but there's still clearly something... off about him, so I file him under "not normal" like the others anyway. DarkKatIcon
1 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:09 am

Kooshmeister wrote:That said, he may be mortal, but there's still clearly something... off about him, so I file him under "not normal" like the others anyway. DarkKatIcon

I wonder if we'll ever get an official origin story for Dark Kat, although if we don't, "The Radical Beginning" works for me.

Anyway, supervillains surviving incidents that would kill lesser mortals is a staple of adventure fiction in general and the superhero genre in particular, so I wouldn't be surprised if Turmoil is still around.
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Tarnish
Just Moved In
Flag: Hungary

Postby Tarnish » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:50 am

Huh...the ending seems a bit abrupt to me. I would have expected some chatter between Razor and T-Bone at the end, something like Razor asking what was it like being a slave to his ex-girlfriend or saying good thing they had a plan B (Razor) because plan A (T-bone trying to stop Turmoil) sure as hell didn't work.

Also, if Glenn Leopold wrote the script, I wonder if Lance Falk had any input on it, since Turmoil was Lance's character. Or if he didn't have any input on it, what are his thoughts on the story.
1 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:06 am

Kooshmeister wrote:
Poecat wrote:I think I could help you with turning the script to a text file. I have a program on my scanner that can pick up text in a picture and saves it as a text file. Just let me know if you’d want me to help with that. It would save you from retyping word for word.

Where were you when I was typing Succubus! up for word for word? TboneLaughCait

I looked back at the date you posted Succubus! and I was about to have my baby and doing the mama thing, I missed where you had to type it all up XD But with this one. If you need the help, I’m here. RazorHappyCait
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Tarnish wrote:Huh...the ending seems a bit abrupt to me. I would have expected some chatter between Razor and T-Bone at the end, something like Razor asking what was it like being a slave to his ex-girlfriend

Yeah, it just... ends after the discover Cybertron survived. The one comment Turmoil's death gets is "Looks like Turmoil's gone," and T-Bone doesn't seem too broken up about it, either. He doesn't act like he remembers anything from his time under her control at all.

Tarnish wrote:or saying good thing they had a plan B (Razor) because plan A (T-bone trying to stop Turmoil) sure as hell didn't work.

Actually, despite what T-Bone says to Callie, he was never going to be the one to stop Turmoil. That was Razor's job; the plan was always T-Bone would go in alone and distract Turmoil with small talk about old times (hence the breath spray in anticipation of smooching) while Razor would infiltrate, hopefully unnoticed.

The plan failed because of two things; on T-Bone's end he was too overconfident and didn't listen to Callie's warning that Turmoil might be wise to his shenanigans this time and be prepared for him, and he certainly didn't expect something like the Crown of Obedience, and on Razor's end, his attempt at a sneaky infiltration got ruined because he was spotted by the snowmobile sentries. After that, Plan B became "just Plan A but with lots of shooting."

And they still totally failed to get the gold back. Or actually capture any of the villains.

BroFistIcon "Mission accomplished!"
CalSmile "Where's the gold?"
TboneWhistling "Uh... well, it still exists... you just need to go dig it out of Turmoil's melted base."
ManxScared *Has a heart attack!*
FeralIcon "What about Turmoil and her followers? The warden at Alkatraz is calling me day and night!"
TboneWhistling "Turmoil herself is... uh..."
RazEmbarrassed "At the bottom of a cliff..."
FeralIcon "And her crew?"
TboneWhistling "They escaped..."
RazSad "Yeah, in retrospect... we kinda only halfway succeeded."
FeralStopSign "You two are in big trouble!"

Poecat wrote:If you need the help, I’m here.

Thanks. I appreciate it. As proud as I am of my physical type-up of the entire Succubus! script, it was a pain in the keister.
2 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:08 am

Here's a PDF of the script with OCR applied: https://swatkats.info/scripts/turmoil-2-the-revenge.pdf
3 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Return to “SK Show Discussion”