Turmoil 2: The Revenge Plot Summary

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
LadyStormcrow
Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Turmoil 2: The Revenge Plot Summary

Postby LadyStormcrow » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:01 pm

As I said to my friends when we watched the latest Game of Thrones finale: I AM SCREAM

Seriously, I am very, very excited that we have hold of this script, and I'm loving your summary of it! :D :D :D I'll be bouncing over here until we hear the rest!
3 x
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall party on the Internet.

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:09 pm

So glad you're doing this recap, Koosh!

Kooshmeister wrote:And just to show us how villainous she is, when Turmoil follows them, she makes a point of "thanking" Olga for her help by kicking her off when she attempts to climb up after her. What a shocking betrayal!

At least when Manx did the same thing, he let Callie get on the chopper eventually. ManxScared

Kooshmeister wrote:"You promised you'd get us out, too!" Olga protests after falling.

"I lied!" Turmoil says.

The (apparently rather big) jet flies off as the guards fire at it ineffectually with their laser rifles, and Olga curses Turmoil as nothing but "a treacherous alleykat."

Prediction: The story will end with Turmoil being returned to the same prison, where Olga will be waiting to give her some well-deserved payback.
Last edited by marklungo on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:40 pm

marklungo wrote:
Prediction: The story will end with Turmoil being returned to the same prison, where Olga will be waiting to give her some well-deserved payback.

Oh Snap! Wouldn't that be something! XDD
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:44 am

Poecat wrote:I think I could help you with turning the script to a text file. I have a program on my scanner that can pick up text in a picture and saves it as a text file. Just let me know if you’d want me to help with that. It would save you from retyping word for word.

Where were you when I was typing Succubus! up for word for word? TboneLaughCait

Felony wrote:But I wanna know what happens NOWUGH!! XD

Patience! I shall recommence within the hour. Or so.

marklungo wrote:At least when Manx did the same thing, he let Callie get on the chopper eventually. ManxScared

Yeah, but he's just a cowardly jerk, whereas Turmoil is flat-out evil. Although in Turmoil's defense, the prison guards attempting to get Olga in this sequence didn't want to eat her like the bacteria monster did.

Unless there's something about Alkatraz the warden doesn't want us to know. ManxScared

Female Con: Has anyone seen Olga since the escape attempt?
Prison Cook: On today's menu in the prison cafeteria, Soylent Green.

marklungo wrote:Prediction: The story will end with Turmoil being returned to the same prison, where Olga will be waiting to give her some well-deserved payback.

I was kinda thinking the same thing, too. SergeantRoger

Although personally, I was hoping Olga would join her team and be the muscle, and maybe have a cool fight scene with one of the SWAT Kats.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:24 am

Onward!

After a pointless bit of action where Razor and Cybertron leap over a big crevice on the Snowkat, we cut back to the Cloud Fortress where some of Turmoil's guards surround the Turbokat and give it the once-over, confirming that the gold is there and that T-Bone is alone. They're armed, of course, meaning this place was probably stockpiled with weapons. I'm guessing that it was Turmoil's original base she launched her airship from, and it was likely personnel from this very base that rescued her and her crew from Alkatraz earlier (assuming the script never reveals the identity of the "sleek jet's" pilot). And speaking of head canons, I'm convinced that the "Skat Missile" defense system was installed after the events of When Strikes Mutilor.

Anyway, they take our hero and bring him before Turmoil, who seductively runs a claw tip along his cheek. "I bet you never thought we'd be seeing each again so soon," she says. Rather than boast about how Turmoil escaped just to get back to him, T-Bone quips that she must've escaped because the food in prison was awful. He says with all the gold she just got done forcing the city to pay her, she can buy "high-class sushi" for the rest of her life.

Turmoil immediately reverts to the "I want you on my side" business again, as her guards forcibly remove his flight helmet (but not his mask!). "This time I'm going to make sure of your answer," she tells him, taking out a kind of remote control doohicky as a restraining beam zaps down and lifts T-Bone bodily up to float in it (think what Obi-Wan was held in by Count Dooku in Attack of the Clones, I guess, only about a decade or so first). T-Bone struggles against the beam's effects as a mechanical arm lowers "The Crown of Obedience" down onto the big SWAT Kat's head. What's a Crown of Obedience, you ask? Well, just like the Tri-Head, it's exactly what it sounds like, and Leopold's description of it is just as maddeningly vague: "a high tech CROWN OF OBEDIENCE."

"The Crown of Obedience will ensure that my word is law!" Turmoil proclaims.

I'm curious where she got this thing (and I have similar questions about the male flight commander uniform in her previous episode). Did she make it just for T-Bone? If so, boy, she made it fast! She's only been out of Alkatraz a few days. Did she always have it? If so, what for? She seems to inspire loyalty in her followers so I doubt she'd need a mind control device to compel anyone to follow her. But, whatever, Turmoil has a mind control thing, and it basically turns T-Bone into a remote control zombie. The containment beam switches off, freeing T-Bone, who is ordered to unload the gold from the jet all by himself. In this state, he alternate between Lurch-like "Arghs" and "Ughs" and pod person-esque dialogue like "I obey."

Oh, Turmoil, you've got T-Bone under your complete control, and this is what you use him for? Menial labor your guards could do? Oy. TboneSwearCait

Outside, the Snowkat approaches the fortress. A couple of Turmoil's guards on snowmobiles attack, and we get an action sequence. Razor zooms off with the guards in pursuit, and rearward-firing guns on the Snowkat hit both snowmobiles before they can radio in about the intruder, causing them to go flying off of a cliff and blow up. And since Leopold doesn't describe their riders leaping to safety, I think we've got our first two definite deaths for the story (collateral damage during the Mega-Beam's attack earlier notwithstanding). Meaning Razor just intentionally killed two enemy kats. I know they're just goons for the villain, she-kats or not, but, wow, this is getting serious when Razor is actively killing other kats in combat and not just robots or monsters!

Back inside, Zombie!T-Bone is unloading the gold from the Turbokat has per his mistress' instructions. So, watching big, strong guys do heavy-lifting really is how Turmoil gets her kicks. Suddenly her lieutenant runs in with news of Razor's approach. Huh. I guess those guards did radio in before they got killed. Turmoil is indifferent, having known he would've brought Razor along somehow. She tells the lieutenant to capture Razor or kill him. "Whichever is easier." Apparently deciding to go for the "kill" option, the lieutenant dispatches the newly refurbished Omega Squadron. Which turns out to consist of helicopters this time instead of jets (the script alternates between "helicopter" and "gyrocopter" instead of the more common "chopper" parlance), meaning that like the Enforcers, Turmoil's pilots are cross-trained in the use of different aircraft. Six of these attack Razor and Cybertron.

As the Snowkat heads over a bridge made out of ice over a big, deep gorge, one of the copters zooms ahead of it and fires, hitting the center of the bridge. It cracks in half, dumping the Snowkat, with Razor and Cybertron still sitting on it, down into the gorge as we cut to a commercial. And just like Succubus!, both ad breaks have involved someone falling. Was poor Glenn Leopold running out of ideas for cliffhangers this late in the game? Five'll get you ten both of Doctors of Doom's ad breaks also involve falling.

The final act next time!
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:06 am

Okay, so, of course our heroes eject off of the falling Snowkat. The vehicle continues on with out them as Cybertron deploys a parasail and Razor unfurls his "Delta Hang Glider," presumably different from the Delta Bak-Paks (that or Leopold couldn't be bothered to check his own earlier scripts). Four of the "snow choppers" pursue them through the gorge. One of the pursuing pilots gets lucky and shoots a hole through Cybertron's parasail, and the little robot drops like a stone. Yay! More "characters falling" drama! Cybertron smacks into a ledge about halfway down and is the robotic version of knocked unconscious, his eyes dimming.

Noooo! Cybertron! Not again! RazorAnnoyedCait

Omega Squadron gets even luckier, hitting the wings of Razor's hang glider next. He, too, promptly plummets, and of course the pursuing she-kats don't bother confirming the kill and fly off, taking Cybertron with them. As he falls, Razor deploys a piton from his Glovatrix and saves himself from tumbling to certain doom. Bizarrely, you'd think this would be in full view of the helicopter pilots as they collect Cybertron, but I guess not. Hanging by the piton, it turns out Razor is wear snow boots (!) from which climbing spikes deploy, allowing him to climb up the side of the gorge, Stallone in Cliffhanger style.

In Turmoil's control room, the lieutenant enters with "the two snowmobile drivers." Wait, those two didn't die? Or are these different snowmobile-driving guards Leopold just forgot to mention? I call BS! This is the second time Leopold has pulled back from killing off extraneous minor characters in this script, allowing them to survive without explanation. Did he get cold feet after the corpse-fest that was Succubus!? The MASA foreman earlier and these two Turmoil guards just suddenly turning up alive again after they should've died feels like some meddling.

Anyway, they drag in the still "unconscious" Cybertron and aren't quite sure what to make of him. Zombie!T-Bone explains that his name is Cybertron and he was created by Professor Hackle (completely unprompted, too; that's some mind control device Turmoil stuck on him!). Deciding the little robot can be useful, Turmoil orders him to be reprogrammed and made into her obedient slave just like T-Bone (oh no!), then asks what happened to Razor. The lieutenant says he was killed ("He was destroyed, Commander"), and Turmoil mockingly asks Zombie!T-Bone what he thinks of his late partner's demise. He mindlessly replies that he's cool with it. She decides to celebrate by extorting more money from the city.

Cut to her in a video conference call with Mayor Manx in his office, demanding $100 million.

The Mayor protests that after practically emptying the mint, they don't have that kind of money. Turmoil isn't interested in his excuses and demands he have the money ready at the mint so "her driver" (the mind-controlled T-Bone, visible on the screen standing behind T-Bone) can pick it up. Weirdly, she doesn't threaten any consequences for failure and just ends the call. Callie, who is also present with Feral, is aghast that T-Bone is cooperating with her, and wonders what she's done to him. Feral angrily says Manx should've listened to him and reminds him that once you give in to an extortionist, it never stops; they'll just keep demanding more and more from you.

Back up on the mountain, Razor finishes climbing out of the gorge, and can see the Cloud Fortress in the distance. Retracting his climbing spikes back into his boots, he now extends a pair of retractable skis (!) and jet thrusters on his heels, and then unfurls a pair of telescoping ski poles. Man, he really came prepared. James Bond would approve. As he zooms towards the distant base, he's immediately attacked by four gyrocopters. He takes it in stride ("Why am I not surprised?"). There's a lengthy pursuit sequence. Razor uses his Glovatrix's extendable shield to deflect a laser blast from one of the copters (!). A second one attempts to flank him, so he detaches the shield and flings it at the copter like a frisbee, shattering the rotor blades. The copter crashlands in the snow.

Razor then zooms into an ice tunnel with the three remaining copters following. Evidently they didn't see Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Though because these are helicopters, maybe Darkman would be a better comparison:

Alas, the three copters enter the tunnel safely. Leaving it safely is a different matter. Razor pulls a grenade from his Glovatrix and throws it back at them, blowing up the tunnel wall. He exits the tunnel followed by a huge gout of flame. I'd say those pilots were dead, but Glenn's already done two takebacks in this episode, so I dunno. Anyway. Apparently, Razor has finally arrived at the fortress after coming out of the tunnel and he heads toward it.

Standing outside, Turmoil talks to the mind-controlled T-Bone and reprogrammed Cybertron. She tells Cybertron to load the gold from the mint into the Turbokat once T-Bone (who she is calling her "flight commander" again) flies them there. "This will be Megakat City's final payment," she says. Egads! Does this mean she intends to destroy it afterward? Well, maybe, but she also says that she's going to start extorting money from the rest of the world using the Mega-Beam, which sounds like a bad idea. I mean, yeah, sure, the giant orbital death ray of melty doom gives you an edge, but it doesn't make you invincible, and at some point, the entire world might unite against you, and you can only target one thing at a time with the Mega-Beam. Turmoil's repeated successes are apparently making her greedy and careless.

Anyway, Cybertron gives a "zombified beep" (what does a zombie beep sound like?) of obedience and goes to get into the Turbokat. Just then, Razor comes whooshing over a low cliff "like James Bond" and lands in front of them. He uses his skis poles to hit startled guards as he whizzes past them on his skis (Leopold is adamant he uses the handles, not the points). The guards aim their laser rifles at him but he uses the ski poles to smack the guns out of their hands. Noticing Zombie!T-Bone, he comments about the "new headgear" and asks what's going on. Turmoil pulls a gun, but Razor flicks up the handle of one of his ski poles, firing a dart into her sleeve, pinning her arm against the wall.

Okay, so, that's not Turmoil, but I love Three Amigos and that was the first thing that came to mind. TboneLaughCait

She drops the gun instead of, y'know, transferring it to her other hand. Nor do her guards pick up their dropped guns, at least not yet. At least the guys in Three Amigos were being covered by Steve Martin and forced to drop their guns. She orders Zombie!T-Bone to get Razor. Turmoil's guards (finally) pick their guns back up as he stomps forward and grabs Razor, backhanding him (!) into the side of the Turbokat. Ouch! T-Bone keeps his pimp hand strong! He declares that he only obeys Turmoil now. Poor Razor, dazed, must be having some serious deja vu ("Deja who?").

Razor thinks it's an act like last time, but Zombie!T-Bone fires some Mini Turbo Blades at him, which Razor just barely dodges, realizing his friend is "playin' for keeps." Weirdly, to convey how close the Turbo Blades (now embedded in the side of the jet) came to hitting Razor, it says they sliced off two of his whiskers.

What whiskers? RazConfused

Zombie!Cybertron emerges from inside the bomb bay and we get a repeat of what just happened; Razor thinks he's encountered an ally only to be violently given a demonstration that said ally is under the villain's control. The little robot launches a grappling cable which wraps around Razor, and he yanks him off his feet. As her guards approach the struggling SWAT Kat, Turmoil says that soon, he'll be her mindless slave, too (I guess this was the point of the "capture him alive if possible" option before). Will Razor end up a zombie? Stay tuned for the (I really hope) final part!
Last edited by Kooshmeister on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:48 pm

Okay, let's hurry up and get this thing over with. I know you're all super impatient. RazLaugh

Razor pops a buzzsaw out of his Glovatrix and cuts himself free of the cables, which somehow causes Zombie!Cybertron to go flying backward and smack against the interior of the bomb bay. As Zombie!T-Bone and some guards approach, Razor kicks off his jet-powered ski boots and they go sailing, smashing into T-Bone and the she-kats and sending them flying back. Turmoil, by the way, is apparently still pinned by her sleeve, since I can't find a mention of her having been freed. So she's once again like that guy in Three Amigos, stuck by the sleeve and ignored in all the fighting.

Turmoil, both angry at all this and impressed by Razor's fighting skills, commands her guards to get Razor alive so they can put another Crown of Obedience on him. And still no mention of her having gotten loose. Despite the command to take him alive, they fire at him with their lasers (can laser guns in the SWAT Kats universe be set to stun?), but of course the nimble SWAT Kat evades every shot. Despite the fact the guards are flagrantly disobeying the order to take Razor alive, Turmoil's lieutenant goes to get another Crown of Obedience thing as she tells T-Bone to go get his partner. He of course mindlessly heads off to do just that as Razor heads inside the base.

Zombie!T-Bone, accompanied by some of Turmoil's guards, searches around inside the building, but Razor is hiding in the air vent. Realizing everything depends on him with both T-Bone and Cybertron controlled by Turmoil. He wants to help them... but decides he needs to take away Turmoil's control of the Mega-Beam first, showing excellent pragmatism; the city is more important than his friends. After the search party passes him by without checking the most obvious hiding spot in the world, Razor hops down and goes looking for the control room, encountering Zombie!Cybertron, who attacks him. After a brief fight, he disables the robot using a Mini Scrambler Missile, which shorts him out. "Sorry, Cyberbuddy," Razor says sadly.

He futzes with Cybertron and tries to undo whatever it was Turmoil's people did to him (what happened to severing the Mega-Beam controls first?), as we cut to Turmoil (finally freed) in the control room with Zombie!T-Bone, who apparently has given up searching for Razor. I guess they're just waiting for him to come to them. We also learn here, through Turmoil's obligatory villain monologue, that her escape took place two days ago. The door opens and Cybertron enters with an apparently captured Razor who is tied up with some flexible metal cables. Ah, I see they're recycling the climax from A Bright and Shiny Future; the phony "capture." Hey, if a plan works, it works. Turmoil's lieutenant prepares to stick another one of the mind control doohickies onto Razor. "Welcome to my team," Turmoil sneers.

More recycling of plot points from earlier episodes occurs here; as the lieutenant is preparing to (very slowly) stick the Crown of Obedience on Razor, he secretly sticks a little bomb on a control panel without them noticing. It goes off, destroying the console, and somehow doesn't fling Razor, Cybertron and the lieutenant across the room. On a big viewscreen, Turmoil sees that the explosion has caused the Mega-Beam to shift its orbit; she can't control it anymore. Cybertron, firmly a good guy again, punches the lieutenant, knocking her into an enraged Turmoil. Getting up, she pulls her gun, but Razor unravels the cables from himself and whips them towards her. The other end wraps around the gun barrel and he yanks the weapon out of her hand. Turmoil has a hissy fit and orders T-Bone to kill Razor.

T-Bone tackles Razor, but Razor leaps over him. Turning and firing some Mini Turbo Blades, he accidentally hits and destroys more of Turmoil's controls, making her angrier and angrier. The lieutenant and two guards shoot at Cybertron, but he mimics Razor's earlier move by using suction cup tipped cables to whip the guns out of the trio's hands.

Meanwhile, for some reason, Turmoil losing control of the Mega-Beam means it's now going to automatically fire on her fortress. I dunno either. You'd think it'd just switch off, control reverting back to MASA. But whatever. It fires directly down on the building while everyone is still in it and everything starts to melt around them. The lieutenant advises getting out while the getting's good, so the villains, Zombie!T-Bone among them, run out. On the way out, because we earlier saw what a jerk Turmoil is when it comes to leaving people behind, she locks Razor and Cybertron in the control room. Razor tries to open the door, but it won't budge.

"Locked!" he cries in dismay.

Cybertron does his Kool-Aid Man thing he did in the reflex room earlier, smashing through the door.

"Unlocked," Razor quips in a callback I knew was coming.

Outside, villains are escaping. T-Bone and Turmoil are in the Turbokat, with the latter complaining she's going to need a new base, considering her beloved Cloud Fortress is currently melting into so much Nickelodeon Gak. They zoom off, followed by the rest of Turmoil's crew in the gyrocopter things. In space, the Mega-Beam overheats and blows up, because of course they can't simply revert control to MASA and use it for its original intended noble purpose of stopping earthquakes. Oh well. This at least causes the beam to switch off with its source destroyed, leaving the Cloud Fortress only partially melted. Razor comes zooming up behind the escaping villains in a jet (probably the one used for the prison break at the beginning), and Turmoil boasts that he won't fire on the Turbokat with his buddy T-Bone in it.

Zombie!T-Bone moves around behind Razor's purloined jet as Turmoil prepares to shoot him down. She fires Turbo Blades, but Razor is able to dodge them. However he realizes the jet he's in isn't as fat as the Turbokat and that they'll catch him very easily. So he uses some kind of remote control thing to turn off the Turbokat's engines (!) mid-flight. Understandably freaking out a bit, Turmoil demands to know WTF, as Zombie!T-Bone realizes Razor used the "emergency remote kill switch," installed in case someone ever stole the jet. They sure could've used this back during Night of the Dark Kat. Maybe that incident is why they added it?

T-Bone makes an emergency landing in the snow near a cliff. Contacting them over the radio, Razor demands Turmoil surrender. Turmoil counters with a demand that he land and talk to her or else she'll order T-Bone to jump off the cliff. To prove she's serious, she tells him to start walking towards the edge. As she does so, Razor freaks out and agrees, landing and getting out, and even though Turmoil didn't tell T-Bone to stop, he does. I guess he can intuit her desires? Eh, whatever. Razor throws the remote control for the kill switch to the ground, offering to let her have both it and the Turbokat if she'll free T-Bone. But perhaps Razor shouldn't have handed it over so soon, 'cause as soon as Turmoil picks it up, she draws her gun on Razor and prepares to shoot him.

"Say goodbye to your partner, T-Bone," she sneers.

"Goodbye, Razor," mindlessly repeats T-Bone over by the cliff.

Suddenly Cybertron flies out of the jet Razor stole... in one of the Omega Squadron gyrocopters! Yeah, this is definitely the really big jet used in the breakout at the beginning. And speaking of the gyrocopters, where did the other ones go? Why aren't Turmoil's followers circling back to, y'know, help her? She let them go up the rescue ladder at the beginning first! She deserves a little help here! Hmmph! Minions are so undependable. Cyberton fires his cable things and once again Turmoil has her gun whipped out of her hand. Zombie!T-Bone fires Mini Turbo Blades, which hit the copter's rotor blades, destroying them. The aircraft plummets over the cliff T-Bone was going to jump off of, but Cybertron leaps out and grabs the edge, while T-Bone and Razor fight. While this is going on, Turmoil goes over and stomps on Cybertron's fingers trying to make him lose his grip and fall. "Termination time, tin man!" she snarls. Noooooo! RazAfraid

Finally, Razor smashes the Crown of Obedience, freeing his friend from Turmoil's control. T-Bone is a little groggy and doesn't remember very much. Noticing what Turmoil is doing, he goes over and grabs her from behind, chiding her for not being very ladylike. Realizing he isn't under her control anymore, Turmoil declares she isn't going back to prison and pulls a grenade, preparing to blow herself and the SWAT Kats to bits, but T-Bone fires a Turbo Boomerang from his Glovatrix. It knocks the grenade from her hand and over the side of the cliff, but it still detonates.

The sound of the explosion causes an avalanche which sweeps Turmoil right over the edge of the cliff to her death. RazDumbfounded

Again, not Turmoil, but like the sleeve pin, it serves as a good visual aid, and, again, it's the first thing that came to mind. Well, not that specific scene or character, but there is a scene in Cliffhanger where an avalanche launches a bad guy off a cliff. I just couldn't find a screenshot of it. So "screenshot of someone falling in the movie Cliffhanger" will have to do. TboneLaughCait

Dang... I didn't think they'd kill her off. Glenn Leopold didn't pull back from this death scene like he did with the others. I guess he wanted Turmoil to be the only definite death in the episode. Sorry, Mark, this means no comeuppance from Olga. RazLaugh

The SWAT Kats of course are safe from the avalanche and extract themselves from the snow after it's over. T-Bone is a little disappointed his one-time evil lover just went bungee jumping without a bungee (to quote Ninja Turtles III), but at the moment they're more worried Cybertron went over the edge, too, but the plucky little robot pops up from over the edge, having managed to hang on despite it all (making Turmoil's attempt to stomp on his fingers hilariously futile). He hauls himself up and rejoins the SWAT Kats, who are glad to see him.

And I guess that means Turmoil's lieutenant is running the show in her late boss' gang now, since it appears the rest of her crew got away just fine (and indeed disappeared from the story entirely after escaping the melting fortress).

The End.
Last edited by Kooshmeister on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:15 pm

Post-summary realization: I hope they can recover the gold from the melted remains of the Cloud Fortress or else Manx is gonna have to raise taxes again after all. 'Cause Turmoil had it unloaded from the Turbokat, and I'd need to double check, but they don't mention them putting it back aboard when they're fleeing at the end (there was no time, anyway), meaning $50 million worth of gold was inside the building when the Mega-Beam hit it.

ManxScared "Godfrey!"
RazAfraid "Uh... oops?"
FeralIcon "Grrr!"
2 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:05 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:Okay, let's hurry up and get this thing over with. I know you're all super impatient. RazLaugh

Razor pops a buzzsaw out of his Glovatrix and cuts himself free of the cables, which somehow causes Zombie!Cybertron to go flying backward and smack against the interior of the bomb bay. As Zombie!T-Bone and some guards approach, Razor kicks off his jet-powered ski boots and they go sailing, smashing into T-Bone and the she-kats and sending them flying back. Turmoil, by the way, is apparently still pinned by her sleeve, since I can't find a mention of her having been freed. So she's once again like that guy in Three Amigos, stuck by the sleeve and ignored in all the fighting.

Turmoil, both angry at all this and impressed by Razor's fighting skills, commands her guards to get Razor alive so they can put another Crown of Obedience on him. And still no mention of her having gotten loose. Despite the command to take him alive, they fire at him with their lasers (can laser guns in the SWAT Kats universe be set to stun?), but of course the nimble SWAT Kat evades every shot. Despite the fact the guards are flagrantly disobeying the order to take Razor alive, Turmoil's lieutenant goes to get another Crown of Obedience thing as she tells T-Bone to go get his partner. He of course mindlessly heads off to do just that as Razor heads inside the base.

Zombie!T-Bone, accompanied by some of Turmoil's guards, searches around inside the building, but Razor is hiding in the air vent. Realizing everything depends on him with both T-Bone and Cybertron controlled by Turmoil. He wants to help them... but decides he needs to take away Turmoil's control of the Mega-Beam first, showing excellent pragmatism; the city is more important than his friends. After the search party passes him by without checking the most obvious hiding spot in the world, Razor hops down and goes looking for the control room, encountering Zombie!Cybertron, who attacks him. After a brief fight, he disables the robot using a Mini Scrambler Missile, which shorts him out. "Sorry, Cyberbuddy," Razor says sadly.

He futzes with Cybertron and tries to undo whatever it was Turmoil's people did to him (what happened to severing the Mega-Beam controls first?), as we cut to Turmoil (finally freed) in the control room with Zombie!T-Bone, who apparently has given up searching for Razor. I guess they're just waiting for him to come to them. We also learn here, through Turmoil's obligatory villain monologue, that her escape took place two days ago. The door opens and Cybertron enters with an apparently captured Razor who is tied up with some flexible metal cables. Ah, I see they're recycling the climax from A Bright and Shiny Future; the phony "capture." Hey, if a plan works, it works. Turmoil's lieutenant prepares to stick another one of the mind control doohickies onto Razor. "Welcome to my team," Turmoil sneers.

More recycling of plot points from earlier episodes occurs here; as the lieutenant is preparing to (very slowly) stick the Crown of Obedience on Razor, he secretly sticks a little bomb on a control panel without them noticing. It goes off, destroying the console, and somehow doesn't flying Razor, Cybertron and the lieutenant across the room. On a big viewscreen, Turmoil sees that the explosion has caused the Mega-Beam to shift its orbit; she can't control it anymore. Cybertron, firmly a good guy again, punches the lieutenant, knocking her into an enraged Turmoil. Getting up, she pulls her gun, but Razor unravels the cables from himself and whips them towards her. The other end wraps around the gun barrel and he yanks the weapon out of her hand. Turmoil has a hissy fit and orders T-Bone to kill Razor.

T-Bone tackles Razor, but Razor leaps over him. Turning and firing some Mini Turbo Blades, he accidentally hits and destroys more of Turmoil's controls, making her angrier and angrier. The lieutenant and two guards shoot at Cybertron, but he mimics Razor's earlier move by using suction cup tipped cables to whip the guns out of the trio's hands.

Meanwhile, for some reason, Turmoil losing control of the Mega-Beam means it's now going to automatically fire on her fortress. I dunno either. You'd think it'd just switch off, control reverting back to MASA. But whatever. It fires directly down on the building while everyone is still in it and everything starts to melt around them. The lieutenant advises getting out while the getting's good, so the villains, Zombie!T-Bone among them, run out. On the way out, because we earlier saw what a jerk Turmoil is when it comes to leaving people behind, she locks Razor and Cybertron in the control room. Razor tries to open the door, but it won't budge.

"Locked!" he cries in dismay.

Cybertron does his Kool-Aid Man thing he did in the reflex room earlier, smashing through the door.

"Unlocked," Razor quips in a callback I knew was coming.

Outside, villains are escaping. T-Bone and Turmoil are in the Turbokat, with the latter complaining she's going to need a new base, considering her beloved Cloud Fortress is currently melting into so much Nickelodeon Gak. They zoom off, followed by the rest of Turmoil's crew in the gyrocopter things. In space, the Mega-Beam overheats and blows up, because of course they can't simply revert control to MASA and use it for its original intended noble purpose of stopping earthquakes. Oh well. This at least causes the beam to switch off with its source destroyed, leaving the Cloud Fortress only partially melted. Razor comes zooming up behind the escaping villains in a jet (probably the one used for the prison break at the beginning), and Turmoil boasts that he won't fire on the Turbokat with his buddy T-Bone in it.

Zombie!T-Bone moves around behind Razor's purloined jet as Turmoil prepares to shoot him down. She fires Turbo Blades, but Razor is able to dodge them. However he realizes the jet he's in isn't as fat as the Turbokat and that they'll catch him very easily. So he uses some kind of remote control thing to turn off the Turbokat's engines (!) mid-flight. Understandably freaking out a bit, Turmoil demands to know WTF, as Zombie!T-Bone realizes Razor used the "emergency remote kill switch," installed in case someone ever stole the jet. They sure could've used this back during Night of the Dark Kat. Maybe that incident is why they added it?

T-Bone makes an emergency landing in the snow near a cliff. Contacting them over the radio, Razor demands Turmoil surrender. Turmoil counters with a demand that he land and talk to her or else she'll order T-Bone to jump off the cliff. To prove she's serious, she tells him to start walking towards the edge. As she does so, Razor freaks out and agrees, landing and getting out, and even though Turmoil didn't tell T-Bone to stop, he does. I guess he can intuit her desires? Eh, whatever. Razor throws the remote control for the kill switch to the ground, offering to let her have both it and the Turbokat if she'll free T-Bone. But perhaps Razor shouldn't have handed over so soon, 'cause as soon as Turmoil picks it up, she draws her gun on Razor and prepares to shoot him.

"Say goodbye to your partner, T-Bone," she sneers.

"Goodbye, Razor," mindlessly repeats T-Bone over by the cliff.

Suddenly Cybertron flies out of the jet Razor stole... in one of the Omega Squadron gyrocopters! Yeah, this is definitely the really big jet used in the breakout at the beginning. And speaking of the gyrocopters, where did the others one go? Why aren't Turmoil's followers circling back to, y'know, help her? She let them go up the rescue ladder at the beginning first! She deserves a little help here! Hmmph! Minions are so undependable. Cyberton fires his cable things and once again Turmoil has her gun whipped out of her hand. Zombie!T-Bone fires Mini Turbo Blades, which hit the copter's rotor blades, destroying them. The aircraft plummets over the cliff T-Bone was going to jump off of, but Cybertron leaps out and grabs the edge, while T-Bone and Razor fight. While this is going on, Turmoil goes over and stomps on Cybertron's fingers trying to make him lose his grip and fall. "Termination time, tin man!" she snarls. Noooooo! RazAfraid

Finally, Razor smashes the Crown of Obedience, freeing his friend from Turmoil's control. T-Bone is a little groggy and doesn't remember very much. Noticing what Turmoil is doing, he goes over and grabs her from behind, chiding her for not being very ladylike. Realizing he isn't under her control anymore, Turmoil declares she isn't going back to prison and pulls a grenade, preparing to blow herself and the SWAT Kats to bits, but T-Bone fires a Turbo Boomerang from his Glovatrix. It knocks the grenade from her hand and over the side of the cliff, but it still detonates.

The sound of the explosion causes an avalanche which sweeps Turmoil right over the edge of the cliff to her death. RazDumbfounded

Again, not Turmoil, but like the sleeve pin, it serves as a good visual aid, and, again, it's the first thing that came to mind. TboneLaughCait

Dang... I didn't think they'd kill her off. Glenn Leopold didn't pull back from this death scene like he did with the others. I guess he wanted Turmoil to be the only definite death in the episode. Sorry, Mark, this means no comeuppance from Olga. RazLaugh

The SWAT Kats of course are safe from the avalanche and extract themselves from the snow after it's over. T-Bone is a little disappointed his one-time evil lover just went bungee jumping without a bungee (to quote Ninja Turtles III), but at the moment they're more worried Cybertron went over the edge, too, but the plucky little robot pops up from over the edge, having managed to hang on despite it all (making Turmoil's attempt to stomp on his fingers hilariously futile). He hauls himself up and rejoins the SWAT Kats, who are glad to see him.

And I guess that means Turmoil's lieutenant is running the show in her late boss' gang now, since it appears the rest of her crew got away just fine (and indeed disappeared from the story entirely after escaping the melting fortress).

The End.

Damn you Glenn why would you decide to kill the character. That's was a sad sad summary you've show us
0 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Prettyshadowj26 wrote:Damn you Glenn why would you decide to kill the character. That's was a sad sad summary you've show us

Let me give you two reasons for hope:

1. As far as Koosh's recap indicates, Turmoil's body is never shown. And you know what that means...

2. But let's suppose that Turmoil really was killed. So what? Maybe half of the SWAT Kats' rogues' gallery has come back from the dead already, including the Pastmaster, Dr. Viper, the Metallikats, the Red Lynx, and Madkat (more or less). And remember Dr. Harley Street? He was last seen plunging to seemingly certain destruction (just like Turmoil!), but he would have been brought back in "Doctors of Doom".

So, to sum up: on a show like SWAT Kats, where logic takes a back seat to whatever the creators think is cool and exciting, Turmoil could easily still be alive. And if you want to explain her survival in a fanfic, feel free--it might make for a fun story! TurmoilIcon
3 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Return to “SK Show Discussion”