Tremblay Bros. Studios Archives

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Poecat
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: Tremblay Bros. Studios Archives

Postby Poecat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:00 pm

OH MY GAWD! If there is ever another chance to talk to them. I want to know about the biker dragon Kat dude!
4 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:27 pm

Wow! There is so much new stuff to go through, my brain is overloading trying to take it all in.

So far, I really love the design sheets for the beach crowd from When Strikes Mutilor. Those cute little kittens SSP666 in and also my favorite beach babe design in SSP 664. I loved her design the second I saw it the first time watching this episode. Really though, all the background characters on the beach are a lot of fun. I'd love to see those more clearly and not upside down.
2 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:32 pm

MoDaD wrote:If Agracite's still around, feel free to re-post any of the corrected images posted to this thread on your tumblr.

---

There were five of these white canvas paintings* of villain character concepts. I'm assuming they were used in pre-production. Don't have a name for the motorcycle/dragon character. Was supposed to go over that with the Tremblays, but due to unexpected circumstances their commentary for this is postponed (but we'll get it eventually).

SSP_1085.jpg

SSP_1081.jpg

SSP_1077.jpg

SSP_1075.jpg

SSP_1066.jpg

*At least I think they were paintings. I'm not a physical media art expert, but that's what it looked like to me.

I've never realize there's a Demon Biker Kat do you think he'll be in the Revolution ?
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:37 pm

The Viper one shows him with what looks like a very early version of his mushroom monster. ViperLaughCait

The biker dude might be Ninja Kat, who according to the art book was a villain who never wound up getting used.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:23 am

Storyboards for Metal Urgency.

AND an early draft of the script (with a DIFFERENT ending).

Please divert any observations/conversation about Metal Urgency to its dedicated thread, here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=253
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:32 am

Ty-Chou wrote:Wow! There is so much new stuff to go through, my brain is overloading trying to take it all in.

So far, I really love the design sheets for the beach crowd from When Strikes Mutilor. Those cute little kittens SSP666 in and also my favorite beach babe design in SSP 664. I loved her design the second I saw it the first time watching this episode. Really though, all the background characters on the beach are a lot of fun. I'd love to see those more clearly and not upside down.

SSP_666.jpg

SSP_664.jpg
4 x

Agracite
Resident

Postby Agracite » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:39 pm

MoDaD wrote:If Agracite's still around, feel free to re-post any of the corrected images posted to this thread on your tumblr.

---

There were five of these white canvas paintings* of villain character concepts. I'm assuming they were used in pre-production. Don't have a name for the motorcycle/dragon character. Was supposed to go over that with the Tremblays, but due to unexpected circumstances their commentary for this is postponed (but we'll get it eventually).

SSP_1085.jpg

SSP_1081.jpg

SSP_1077.jpg

SSP_1075.jpg

SSP_1066.jpg

*At least I think they were paintings. I'm not a physical media art expert, but that's what it looked like to me.

Most definitely I will! These are eye popping, great design work. I’ll be posting the script links back to here as well.
0 x
"My momma musta put agracite in my cereal when I was a kitten."

https://agraciteinmycereal.tumblr.com/

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:03 pm

Le GASP. I did not even notice the links to the STORYBOARDS. OMG!

These are really nice. They had a pretty awesome storyboard artist doing this episode. I have seen some sloppy art on storyboards. (Which you can get away with. Storyboard art isn't supposed to be the best ever.) This artist really put a lot of work into these. They're very detailed and give some great instructions of camera angles for the animators I have never thought of before. Fascinating!
3 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:19 am

Already mentioned this on Discord, but I'll be doing a live stream of the unwrapping/photography of more of the SWAT Kats backgrounds at about noon EST on Sunday, Dec. 10. Following Cait's and Poecat's lead, using Picarto: https://picarto.tv/SWATKats

That way, you can discover things just as soon as I do SinianThisCait
3 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:15 am

NeeKnight wrote:
MoDaD wrote:*At least I think they were paintings. I'm not a physical media art expert, but that's what it looked like to me.

Paintings or whatever it's made of, They are all ART!

Maybe you can ask what medium they used? It kinda looks water based so maybe gouache is my bet. If it was markers I don't think they would stick together so defiantly a painting.
0 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Return to “SK Show Discussion”