POLL: Weakest Episode of the Show?

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.

Which episode do you think was the weakest?

The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice
No votes
The Giant Bacteria
No votes
The Wrath of Dark Kat
4%
Destructive Nature
No votes
The Metallikats
No votes
Bride of the Pastmaster
No votes
Night of the Dark Kat
No votes
Chaos in Crystal
No votes
The Ghost Pilot
No votes
Metal Urgency
No votes
The Ci-Kat-A
No votes
Enter the Madkat
No votes
Katastrophe
No votes
Mutation City
No votes
A Bright and Shiny Future
No votes
When Strikes Mutilor
No votes
Razor's Edge
19%
Cry Turmoil
No votes
SWAT Kats Unplugged
No votes
The Deadly Pyramid
No votes
Caverns of Horror
No votes
Volcanus Erupts!
26%
The Origin of Dr. Viper
4%
The Dark Side of the SWAT Kats
No votes
Unlikely Alloys
No votes
The SWAT Kats: A Special Report
48%

Total votes: 27

thelastmemory
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

POLL: Weakest Episode of the Show?

Postby thelastmemory » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:39 pm

What do you think was the weakest episode of the show?

For me, it's a toss up between two of the shorts in the second season "Volcanus Erupts" and "SK's Unplugged." I'm not sure what the producers of the show were thinking anyway when they decided to create short episodes. I mean, we managed to get a few more episodes out of the show that way before it got cancelled, but some of them really suffered in content, which was a shame because I think they could have been really good.

Volcanus Erupts had an interesting concept with the SK's having to fight a Volcanic eruption and all...but not in fifteen minutes. SK's Unplugged was really Hard Drive's episode, but even then, poor Hard Drive only had about ten minutes worth of time because he had to share it with Chop Shop.
Last edited by MoDaD on Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added poll and made sticky.
0 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Re: Weakest Episode of the Show?

Postby MoDaD » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:19 pm

I'll go ahead and be controversial with this one :D

I think the show's weakest episode is Razor's Edge, because I view it as an attempt at a good idea that ultimately gets ruined by the writer's lack of courage/the apparent need to return to the status quo. Don't get me wrong, it's got a great first half, with a real build-up like it's going to go somewhere, but then contrived circumstances and a predictable (and really farfetched) plot twist just ruin it. Jake/Razor doesn't grow as a character. He doesn't come to any realizations about himself. All the guilt and introspection conveniently evaporate. No lessons are learned. The issues surrounding how to approach collateral damage and whether the ends justify the means are unresolved.

It also has some really dumb situations that I believe Kooshmeister already pointed out elsewhere, in that Dark Kat's agent provocateurs are pitifully stupid, and also the entire hospital scenario would require a much larger conspiracy to make it work (the paramedics, the doctors, the hospital staff, etc. would have to be "in on it" as they could easily tell they were in disguise).

I'm more sympathetic to episodes like Volcanus Erupts! and SWAT Kats Unplugged because they at least never hint to be more than what they are: enjoyable actions romps, though I'd agree they're among the weaker episodes.

With Razor's Edge I feel slighted, because it could've been so much better.
0 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Furlong29
Just Moved In

Re: Weakest Episode of the Show?

Postby Furlong29 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:27 pm

And with Razor's Edge, Dark Kat's "plan" was not only needlessly complicated, but it seems awfully random. Dark Kat decides to make the Swat Kats lose their confidence, so he hires two random people, somehow convinces them to stand in the vicinity of a random building that is going to EXPLODE! Then, he picks a random night to draw the Swat Kats' attention, and finally he leads them to where the building is, in the hopes that they will just happen to target the one random building he placed the bomb! It makes no sense! *Ahem*, anyway, Razor's Edge had an interesting concept, but just didn't make any sense!
0 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Re: POLL: Weakest Episode of the Show?

Postby jesse220 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:13 pm

It's wrath of Dark Kat because, Can you believe the nerve of Feral?. During the flash back he crashed Chance and Jake's jet an their jet crashes into the headquarters. And he made them work in the salvage yard to pay off the damages. And that is how the swat kats were born. But believe me if Feral got in their way agian, he would unmasked them and he and the citizens of Megakat city would be seriously upset. And they would chase Chance and Jake out of the city for good, leaving the Turbokat along with other gadgets to the Enforcers. And Burke and Murry would become best Enforcer pilots in the city. :x

Can you Imagine if Feral were in their way again? :x
0 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:11 am

Can you Imagine if Feral were in their way again? :x

We don't have to imagine. That happened at the end of the episode:
T-Bone: He’s not crowdin’ me out this time!

T-Bone took the initiative and bypassed Feral using a smokescreen:

Unless you're referring to something else?
0 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Postby jesse220 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:17 am

I was thinking if T-bone Didn't use smokescreen, Feral would crash the Turbokat the same way he chrashed their enforcer jet and he would unmasked them and would have them punished for treason.
0 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Treason? Did I miss the episode where they made an attempt on the president's life and sold govenment secrets to other unfriendly countries?!!! If that was an episode, I would have to say that would be my least favourite episode... Because it would be compeletly counter productive to the character progression of our "heros" at that point O.o

I have to say the current weakest episode I have seen in my eyes has to be "The SWAT Kats: A Special Report". While I was only young when I first saw it, I still thought it weak even by clip show standards. It has logical errors and out and out omissions of some of the finer points of the show, made to look like a kats eye news segment with shots that they could in no way, shape or form have gotten, even the lipsync was off if I remember right... Someone was paid to make this and personally I think I have seen better things on Youtube
0 x

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Postby LowdogCraft » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:57 pm

Personally, I think that with the side by side episodes Cry Turmoil and SK Unplugged, SK Unplugged is the weaker of the two. Cry Turmoil was a great episode, due to Turmoil's manipulation. SK Unplugged was a 10 minute episode, leaving me kinda wondering why this and Cry Turmoil were put together rather than splitting them up. I feel that this was Hard Drive's greatest episode, but that 10 minutes had 3 minutes eaten off Hard Drive's screen time, since he has to share the episode with Chop Shop. I still like this episode, but for only the time constraints, I believe this is the weakest episode.
0 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:57 am

LowdogCraft wrote:Personally, I think that with the side by side episodes Cry Turmoil and SK Unplugged, SK Unplugged is the weaker of the two. Cry Turmoil was a great episode, due to Turmoil's manipulation. SK Unplugged was a 10 minute episode, leaving me kinda wondering why this and Cry Turmoil were put together rather than splitting them up. I feel that this was Hard Drive's greatest episode, but that 10 minutes had 3 minutes eaten off Hard Drive's screen time, since he has to share the episode with Chop Shop. I still like this episode, but for only the time constraints, I believe this is the weakest episode.

SK Unplugged should have had a longer run time to make it's own full episode. The premises of both Cry Turmoil and SK Unplugged were more than enough to fill a whole episode by themself, heck if they wanted to use the original ideal for Cry Turmoil, you could have that be it's own two parter.
I wonder who it was who felt they needed to add ChopShop to the already packed short episode. It was a disservice to both villians. We learn next to nothing about ChopShop and HardDrive has his solo shot cut shorter.
0 x

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Postby LowdogCraft » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:31 pm

I also think another terrible episode was The SWAT Kats: A Special Report. It's actually worse than SK Unplugged. The formerly mentioned episode, while short, is actually pretty well done. This episode though, it's pretty much a glorified clip show. I just can't imagine something like this. I mean, this is the weakest last episode to a show ever! It's not filled with any action, and it's just terrible, giving you info that you can now read off of the SK Encyclopedia. When I was watching SWAT Kats on my phone off of Dailymotion (which I assume is legal, since the videos aren't down), I watched every episode EXCEPT this one.
0 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

Return to “SK Show Discussion”