POLL: Weakest Episode of the Show?

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.

Which episode do you think was the weakest?

The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice
No votes
The Giant Bacteria
No votes
The Wrath of Dark Kat
4%
Destructive Nature
No votes
The Metallikats
No votes
Bride of the Pastmaster
No votes
Night of the Dark Kat
No votes
Chaos in Crystal
No votes
The Ghost Pilot
No votes
Metal Urgency
No votes
The Ci-Kat-A
No votes
Enter the Madkat
No votes
Katastrophe
No votes
Mutation City
No votes
A Bright and Shiny Future
No votes
When Strikes Mutilor
No votes
Razor's Edge
21%
Cry Turmoil
No votes
SWAT Kats Unplugged
4%
The Deadly Pyramid
No votes
Caverns of Horror
No votes
Volcanus Erupts!
25%
The Origin of Dr. Viper
4%
The Dark Side of the SWAT Kats
No votes
Unlikely Alloys
No votes
The SWAT Kats: A Special Report
43%

Total votes: 28

T-Bone
Resident
Flag: Russia

Re: POLL: Weakest Episode of the Show?

Postby T-Bone » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:43 pm

LowdogCraft wrote:
Kooshmeister wrote:
T-Bone wrote:I vote for Volcanus Erupts because this is my favorite episode in this show.

You're aware this poll is for the weakest episode, right?

I was just about to correct him as well. Basically, what is, in your opinion, the worst SK episode, T-Bone?

Special report is very worst sk episode. Not interesting episode which made in the pseudo-documentary style.
0 x
SK fan since 1998.

SwatKats forever!

Razor:Hey,don’t sweat it, I’ll teach you how to swim.
T-Bone:Fish swim,I fly.

Kanogetz
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Republic of Serbia

Postby Kanogetz » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:01 am

Special report, no doubt about it. As soon as you see it, you know they're just gonna reuse animation clips to patch an episode.

If they went for something like that EE&E episode "The Good Ol' Ed", kinda revisiting some situations but adding new animations, that would be acceptable.
0 x
slothful artist / dynamic gamer / mechanized bum.
http://kanogetz.deviantart.com/
http://stungunwolf.tumblr.com/

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:41 am

So, ignoring the clip show, it seems poor Volcanus Erupts! is generally considered the weakest.

But in the interests of fairness, to those of you who voted for the Kat's Eye News Special Report episode, if you could choose any other episode as the weakest, which one would it have been? Volcanus Erupts! or another one?
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:06 pm

I'm agree with most of you, Special Report was the worst. They could at least do a "real" inteview in Megakat Broadcasting Studios using new animations with some from the old episodes. That would be neat.
0 x

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:20 pm

You know, I actually feel like the special report should be crossed off this list since its more of a special/gimmick and not an episode... and, given that it's not REALLY an episode basically singles it out as the "worst" on the list. If we got rid of it, maybe we'd actually have some debate about which legit episode we found the weakest.
0 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:28 pm

I'm agree with you xD
0 x

Darker
Resident

Postby Darker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Most episodes from Season 1 were decent at best, the weakest among the series must be there.
0 x
It feels so good to be bad!
Click above & enjoy

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:07 pm

Betaruga wrote:You know, I actually feel like the special report should be crossed off this list since its more of a special/gimmick and not an episode... and, given that it's not REALLY an episode basically singles it out as the "worst" on the list. If we got rid of it, maybe we'd actually have some debate about which legit episode we found the weakest.

Although Betaruga is absolutely right, I've amended my vote to the Kat's Eye News Special Report clip show, if only to give poor Volcanus Erupts! a break. :lol:
0 x

Leon Mane
Resident

Postby Leon Mane » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:39 pm

Volcanus Erupts, on the grounds that it was resolved far too quickly, Volcanus is introduced and dispatched in too short a timeframe, and too easily at that, while Razor's near death felt sort of thrown in.

Second place, SWAT Kats Unplugged. Again, it introduces a new bad guy that gets wrapped up far too quickly, giving us no idea who he was meant to be. Meanwhile, Hard Drive pops up, steals a gadget that disables the weapons on the Turbokat, and the day is saved by a barrel of paint that, for some reason, was inside the Turbokat's cargo/passenger bay.

If they would have stuck with just Chopshop, maybe devoted time to flesh his character out a little more, it might have been a good episode. Without that, he felt like a one off villain that copied the Turbo Blades and had a heavily armored chopper. Given his name, one might expect he was supposed to be like the heroes, making advanced vehicles and weapons from junk vehicles, maybe he even stole stuff from their salvage yard. He has some decent potential, but they opted to give Hard Drive another Surge Suit, a jet with no explanation, and had him wrapped up about as fast as Chopshop.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:18 am

Leon Mane wrote:Without that, he felt like a one off villain that copied the Turbo Blades and had a heavily armored chopper.

...but, he was just a one-off villain. His sole function was to be a bad guy for the SWAT Kats to defeat at the beginning so we feel like we're joining them mid-story.

The same trick was pulled in The Giant Bacteria with Morbulus and Metal Urgency with Hard Drive. Although, to be fair, unlike Chopshop, Morbulus continued to be involved in the plot and even ended up being turned into the main threat, and Hard Drive could afford to just have a cameo because he was a previously established character.

In any event, since SWAT Kats Unplugged's story is about the anti-weapon scrambler, an easy solution is have Chopshop, not Hard Drive, steal and use it. It'd be effectively the same episode, just with a different beginning and a different method of actually stealing the device (since, obviously, Chopshop can't come through phone lines). The downside, of course, would be no Hard Drive, and he seems like a popular villain. So perhaps another solution would be to keep Chopshop around as Hard Drive's flunkey; like maybe he flies the aircraft so Hard Drive can concentrate on working the anti-weapon doohicky.

Leon Mane wrote:Given his name, one might expect he was supposed to be like the heroes, making advanced vehicles and weapons from junk vehicles, maybe he even stole stuff from their salvage yard.

Well, actually, that's the opposite of a chopshop. Chopshops are where things are dismantled, not built. Hence the name: chopshop i.e. a shop where things are chopped up/taken apart (usually with the aim of selling the individual parts). So, rather than building his own stuff, Chopshop, going by his name, would steal things to take them apart and sell the valuable components. It's probably what he intended to do with that helicopter. Maybe it wasn't originally his and he'd stolen it.
0 x

Return to “SK Show Discussion”