Trial of Dr. Viper, the Metallikats and the Pastmaster?

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Trial of Dr. Viper, the Metallikats and the Pastmaster?

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:48 am

Not all at the same time, of course, but how would a trial for these four particular villains proceed, especially what rights they'd have as individuals, given that:

ViperSMile Dr. Elrod Purvis is legally dead, and no record of "Dr. Viper" exists beyond his physically sitting at the defense table. Given he's basically an undead, mutant Purvis, would he be treated like that, or as a separate entity? What would be done with him? I'm certain a lot of scientists would love to get their hands on him to study.

MKIcon The Manges are also legally dead ("Mac and Molly have been dead for months!"*), and are robots rather than flesh and blood kats. Would the law treat them as objects rather than people? It sure seemed to up, considering their deactivated heads were kept on a shelf in an evidence room. Did they try and give the heads to living relatives for a (second? - see below) burial, only to have them refused for various (perfectly understandable) reasons?

PastmasterIcon The Pastmaster is so far beyond legally dead he goes into "the only evidence he exists beyond him actually physically being present are museum exhibits." He seems like he'd have similar problems to Viper; a lot of experts wanting to poke and prod him.

*One wonders how they knew Mac and Molly were dead. Was it just an assumption they reached without bodies? That the Manges failed to make it to shore? Or is this the answer to just what Hackle did with their original bodies? He put them back where he found them and called the Enforcers? And what about Molly's sister, a non-character used for a joke about Mac's driving and the state of his and Molly's marriage? Obviously she would've been informed of her sister's death, but even once they become the Metallikats, the Manges are still referred to by their original last name more often than not. How would she react to seeing her dead sister and brother-in-law walking around in news footage as "silvery and weird" robots?

And while I'm on the subject of "what happened to the bodies," what did Chance and Jake do with the Metallikats' crushed headless bodies in their base? Return them to Hackle? Study them? Etc.?
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Leon Mane
Resident

Re: Trial of Dr. Viper, the Metallikats and the Pastmaster?

Postby Leon Mane » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:37 am

In the case of Dr. Viper, I think the court would rule that his 'death' would be considered more of a coma or vegetative state, thus he would be tried as Elrod Purvis. This is considering Dr. Zyme remembered to point out that Viper was Purvis in the first place after being rescued.

Mac and Molly, however, did, in fact, die. What Hackle did to the bodies is up for conjecture, but they did die. Legally speaking, a court would most likely decide that they're simply artificial intelligence with the personalities and memories of the original Mac and Molly Mange. In such case, they would probably be tried as a separate case from the originals.

Pastmaster, I'm guessing lack of records won't matter much. He broke laws in Megakat City, so he would be tried, name or no name, records or no records. Probably as John 'The Pastmaster' Doe.
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Re: Trial of Dr. Viper, the Metallikats and the Pastmaster?

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:27 am

Leon Mane wrote:This is considering Dr. Zyme remembered to point out that Viper was Purvis in the first place after being rescued.

Plus he flat told Callie and Manx: "I usssed to be Dr. Purvisss. But now you can call me Dr. Viper!"
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Return to “SK Show Discussion”