Favorite Villain

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.

Who is your favorite villain?

Dark Kat
20%
Dr. Viper
7%
Pastmaster
No votes
Metallikats
17%
Hard Drive
10%
Red Lynx
No votes
Madkat
13%
Mutilor
7%
Turmoil
13%
Rex Shard
No votes
Cikatas
No votes
Harley Street
No votes
Zed
3%
Leiter Greenbox
No votes
Chopshop
No votes
Morbulus
3%
"Dark" SWAT Kats
7%

Total votes: 30

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla
Flag: United States of America

Re: Favorite Villain

Postby Betaruga » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:21 am

Kooshmeister wrote:Easy. After they got kicked out of the Enforcers, a certain tall, dark and diabolically charismatic fellow in a hooded cloak made them an offer they couldn't refuse:

"Who do you hate more, my friends? Me... or Commander Feral?"

Aching for vengeance against Feral for firing them, they became Dark Kat's lackeys instead of his arch-enemies, and went down a dark one-way road to a rude, crude life of crime. The working relationship with the Great Purple One was rocky, though, because although Chance and Jake hated Feral more than Dark Kat... they still hated him. Hence their frequent insubordination towards their erstwhile master, who tolerated their lip - as long as they were useful to him.

Very probably he was planning on either eliminating them or shaking them loose or reducing them to the roles of menial muscle or otherwise not properly rewarding them for their service once he succeeded at taking over the city, while they themselves planned to do the same thing(s) to him once they decided they no longer needed his backing. 'Cause the villains in SWAT Kats, no matter what universe they're in, suffer from bad cases of chronic backstabbing disorder.

That's a pretty killer theory to be honest. I dig. DUDE, now I need to see the alternate "scum bag" versions of Jake and Chance. *sketches*
0 x
"So you SWAT Kats were telling the truth!"
"Duh, Commander!"

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:16 pm

Ooh, thanks. I'm not doing anything with it anytime soon, so you (or anyone) can have it to do with as you please.
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

candyangelo
Resident

Postby candyangelo » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:01 am

Hard Drive, definitely my top favorite baddie of SK. It's cool how he really used electricity to his advantage - one of the coolest details how he would transport himself through wires and stuff. That was pretty awesome.

And he's voiced by Rob Paulsen, one of my all time favorite voice actors!
0 x

Kanogetz
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Republic of Serbia

Postby Kanogetz » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:01 pm

When a show has this wide varity of great villians, it makes it sooooooo hard to pick just one! I like 'em all! :lol:
Some got "removed" so quick that they didn't get the chance to develop and I would love to see more of them ( *cough* ChopShop ). My top villians are, in no order: Hard Drive, Metallikats and Dr. Viper. It's something in their visual design and characteristics, mixed with great voice acting that makes these pop out.

Also, I gotta agree with candyangelo, Rob Paulsen simply rocks as Hard Drive! :D
0 x
slothful artist / dynamic gamer / mechanized bum.
http://kanogetz.deviantart.com/
http://stungunwolf.tumblr.com/

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:24 am

Dem Metallikats! You don't see such tight-knit, bickering married villains so often. I haven't seen any of the like since these guys and made me wish they made the mobster element more prominent in the series. The medieval fantasy wasn't really my favorite with Past Matser and Callista. I'm more on the sci-fi and organized crime spectrum. I think SK fits those genres better. Past Master felt kind of all over the place like they weren't sure what to do with him.
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:41 am

TazKat wrote:Dem Metallikats! You don't see such tight-knit, bickering married villains so often. I haven't seen any of the like since these guys and made me wish they made the mobster element more prominent in the series. The medieval fantasy wasn't really my favorite with Past Matser and Callista. I'm more on the sci-fi and organized crime spectrum. I think SK fits those genres better. Past Master felt kind of all over the place like they weren't sure what to do with him.

Dude, not to mention that Callista felt like the weakest female character of the series :P

But yeah, the Metallikats feel like real callbacks to classic representations of mobsters, but being a robotic married couple who are actually joined at the hip despite arguing all the time lends a nice twist. They're not really jaded scumbags to each other. And not to mention, but like, they're the one pair of villains who would REALLY suffer from being alone? Like besides being husband and wife, given their situation, their partner is literally the only person they know who could even relate to them. I'm sure they enjoy being robots, but it comes with some existential drawbacks, too. I think that if one spouse died, the other would feel like a shell with memories attached. OR that's just me. :)
0 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:21 am

True, do they even miss being able to feel, eat, etc. when all is said and done?
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Kanogetz
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Kanogetz » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:04 am

I think Metallikats accepted their robotic fate rather well. They kept all their emotions and feelings but now they are more stronger and capable, which is a huge plus for them as villains.

But yes, like Betaruga said, they have this strong bond which makes them unique and you can play with that idea in lots of ways (that example, how would one of them react if the other one were to die). Those scenes in Unlikely Alloys had a real impact on me, the one where Mac gets torn to pieces and the other one where he hangs from the ceiling, Molly being shocked and scared for Mac.. love those scenes.
0 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:10 am

Yes, amazingly Mac and Molly were the biggest heart moments in that ep.
0 x

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Kanogetz
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Kanogetz » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:37 am

TazKat wrote:Yes, amazingly Mac and Molly were the biggest heart moments in that ep.

Oh, and that final part where Mac got merged with a food processor?

- "You know, I always wanted a food processor."
- "Ha! You can't even cook water!"

:lol: It always makes me laugh :lol:
1 x

Return to “SK Show Discussion”