Favorite Villain

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.

Who is your favorite villain?

Dark Kat
20%
Dr. Viper
7%
Pastmaster
No votes
Metallikats
17%
Hard Drive
10%
Red Lynx
No votes
Madkat
13%
Mutilor
7%
Turmoil
13%
Rex Shard
No votes
Cikatas
No votes
Harley Street
No votes
Zed
3%
Leiter Greenbox
No votes
Chopshop
No votes
Morbulus
3%
"Dark" SWAT Kats
7%

Total votes: 30

Swatkatfan21
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Favorite Villain

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:53 pm

Dark Kat has my vote due to him being a villain that always leaves you pondering his story. Is he the classic mad scientist who vat grew the creeplings? Perhaps he is a Faustian bargain maker who summons the creeplings from the underworld?

Another characteristic that appeals to me is Dark Kat craves power, but he doesn't want order. How many villains want to take control of world, but not to rule it like a well oiled machine? Not many that I have heard about! It makes him an even more interesting villain.

Also he's voiced the legendary Brock Peters!
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:29 am

Swatkatfan21 wrote:Another characteristic that appeals to me is Dark Kat craves power, but he doesn't want order. How many villains want to take control of world, but not to rule it like a well oiled machine? Not many that I have heard about! It makes him an even more interesting villain.

Yeah, he's an anarchist in that regard.
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:02 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Swatkatfan21 wrote:Another characteristic that appeals to me is Dark Kat craves power, but he doesn't want order. How many villains want to take control of world, but not to rule it like a well oiled machine? Not many that I have heard about! It makes him an even more interesting villain.

Yeah, he's an anarchist in that regard.

I'd have to disagree. Anarchists want order, but they don't want it via a hierarchical system of governance. :P

More likely he's an ochlocrat.

Anyway... I'd have to go with Hard Drive. Obvious tech geek and looks stylish in that surge coat. :3
3 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:42 am

Rusakov wrote:Anyway... I'd have to go with Hard Drive. Obvious tech geek and looks stylish in that surge coat. :3

Please be in Revolution... HardDriveIcon
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:16 pm

Rusakov wrote:I'd have to disagree. Anarchists want order, but they don't want it via a hierarchical system of governance.

In hindsight, I don't think he's either. Anarchy means no rulers: there'd be a ruler in Dark Kat City, and it'd be the guy it's named after. Ochlocracy meanwhile is effectively mob rule, something Dark Kat wouldn't allow, as it'd be a threat to his position on the top of the trash heap. It reminds me of this exchange from The Lion King when the hyenas think killing Mufasa means there won't be a ruler in the Pride Lands:

Scar: Idiots, there will be a king!
Banzai: Yeah, but you said, uh--
Scar: I will be king!

Scar wanted to run things, but beyond that he had no goal, and the Pride Lands fell into lawless disarray. The only remaining rule was that his word was law. Similarly, I think what Dark Kat is after is total chaos but with himself in a position of power. Which would seem to be somewhat of an oxymoron. But then, he's a purple megalomaniac with a bomb fetish and little gremlin minions, so I doubt his thought processes are logical.
3 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:31 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:In hindsight, I don't think he's either. Anarchy means no rulers: there'd be a ruler in Dark Kat City, and it'd be the guy it's named after. Ochlocracy meanwhile is effectively mob rule, something Dark Kat wouldn't allow, as it'd be a threat to his position on the top of the trash heap. It reminds me of this exchange from The Lion King when the hyenas think killing Mufasa means there won't be a ruler in the Pride Lands:

Scar: Idiots, there will be a king!
Banzai: Yeah, but you said, uh--
Scar: I will be king!

Scar wanted to run things, but beyond that he had no goal, and the Pride Lands fell into lawless disarray. The only remaining rule was that his word was law. Similarly, I think what Dark Kat is after is total chaos but with himself in a position of power. Which would seem to be somewhat of an oxymoron. But then, he's a purple megalomaniac with a bomb fetish and little gremlin minions, so I doubt his thought processes are logical.

Maybe. RazLaugh

(Emoticon is for the out of place conversation we're having. :P)
1 x

Agracite
Resident

Postby Agracite » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:57 am

Turmoil. Honestly she was a near unstoppable force with her airship, pilots, craft, weapons, tech, etc. If she wasn't impressed with T-Bone's flying and brought him aboard, it would have been a real challenge to stop her.
2 x
"My momma musta put agracite in my cereal when I was a kitten."

https://agraciteinmycereal.tumblr.com/

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:56 pm

I think her presentation really suffers from the constraints of the super short running time. One of the definite casualties of the episode's running time is the fact the Omega Squadron are talked up a lot, but are never actually given a scene to establish that Turmoil's claims about them are anything more than just her being full of it. The only time we see them in action, they get their butts kicked and she has to basically rescue them using the Vertigo Beam; yes, they went up against the SWAT Kats, so maybe I'm being unfair, but we only have Turmoil's word that they're any good. She deserved a longer episode to better establish her as a threat.
1 x

Return to “SK Show Discussion”