Page 5 of 5

Re: Favorite Villain

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:53 pm
by Swatkatfan21
Dark Kat has my vote due to him being a villain that always leaves you pondering his story. Is he the classic mad scientist who vat grew the creeplings? Perhaps he is a Faustian bargain maker who summons the creeplings from the underworld?

Another characteristic that appeals to me is Dark Kat craves power, but he doesn't want order. How many villains want to take control of world, but not to rule it like a well oiled machine? Not many that I have heard about! It makes him an even more interesting villain.

Also he's voiced the legendary Brock Peters!

Re: Favorite Villain

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:29 am
by Kooshmeister
Swatkatfan21 wrote:Another characteristic that appeals to me is Dark Kat craves power, but he doesn't want order. How many villains want to take control of world, but not to rule it like a well oiled machine? Not many that I have heard about! It makes him an even more interesting villain.


Yeah, he's an anarchist in that regard.

Re: Favorite Villain

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:02 pm
by Rusakov
Kooshmeister wrote:
Swatkatfan21 wrote:Another characteristic that appeals to me is Dark Kat craves power, but he doesn't want order. How many villains want to take control of world, but not to rule it like a well oiled machine? Not many that I have heard about! It makes him an even more interesting villain.


Yeah, he's an anarchist in that regard.


I'd have to disagree. Anarchists want order, but they don't want it via a hierarchical system of governance. :P

More likely he's an ochlocrat.

Anyway... I'd have to go with Hard Drive. Obvious tech geek and looks stylish in that surge coat. :3

Re: Favorite Villain

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:42 am
by Cait
Rusakov wrote:Anyway... I'd have to go with Hard Drive. Obvious tech geek and looks stylish in that surge coat. :3


Please be in Revolution... HardDriveIcon

Re: Favorite Villain

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:16 pm
by Kooshmeister
Rusakov wrote:I'd have to disagree. Anarchists want order, but they don't want it via a hierarchical system of governance.


In hindsight, I don't think he's either. Anarchy means no rulers: there'd be a ruler in Dark Kat City, and it'd be the guy it's named after. Ochlocracy meanwhile is effectively mob rule, something Dark Kat wouldn't allow, as it'd be a threat to his position on the top of the trash heap. It reminds me of this exchange from The Lion King when the hyenas think killing Mufasa means there won't be a ruler in the Pride Lands:

Scar: Idiots, there will be a king!
Banzai: Yeah, but you said, uh--
Scar: I will be king!

Scar wanted to run things, but beyond that he had no goal, and the Pride Lands fell into lawless disarray. The only remaining rule was that his word was law. Similarly, I think what Dark Kat is after is total chaos but with himself in a position of power. Which would seem to be somewhat of an oxymoron. But then, he's a purple megalomaniac with a bomb fetish and little gremlin minions, so I doubt his thought processes are logical.

Re: Favorite Villain

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:31 pm
by Rusakov
Kooshmeister wrote:In hindsight, I don't think he's either. Anarchy means no rulers: there'd be a ruler in Dark Kat City, and it'd be the guy it's named after. Ochlocracy meanwhile is effectively mob rule, something Dark Kat wouldn't allow, as it'd be a threat to his position on the top of the trash heap. It reminds me of this exchange from The Lion King when the hyenas think killing Mufasa means there won't be a ruler in the Pride Lands:

Scar: Idiots, there will be a king!
Banzai: Yeah, but you said, uh--
Scar: I will be king!

Scar wanted to run things, but beyond that he had no goal, and the Pride Lands fell into lawless disarray. The only remaining rule was that his word was law. Similarly, I think what Dark Kat is after is total chaos but with himself in a position of power. Which would seem to be somewhat of an oxymoron. But then, he's a purple megalomaniac with a bomb fetish and little gremlin minions, so I doubt his thought processes are logical.


Maybe. RazLaugh

(Emoticon is for the out of place conversation we're having. :P)

Re: Favorite Villain

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:57 am
by Agracite
Turmoil. Honestly she was a near unstoppable force with her airship, pilots, craft, weapons, tech, etc. If she wasn't impressed with T-Bone's flying and brought him aboard, it would have been a real challenge to stop her.

Re: Favorite Villain

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:56 pm
by Kooshmeister
I think her presentation really suffers from the constraints of the super short running time. One of the definite casualties of the episode's running time is the fact the Omega Squadron are talked up a lot, but are never actually given a scene to establish that Turmoil's claims about them are anything more than just her being full of it. The only time we see them in action, they get their butts kicked and she has to basically rescue them using the Vertigo Beam; yes, they went up against the SWAT Kats, so maybe I'm being unfair, but we only have Turmoil's word that they're any good. She deserved a longer episode to better establish her as a threat.