SWAT Kats Creative Brief

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

SWAT Kats Creative Brief

Postby MoDaD » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:40 pm

creative-brief-001-swat-kats.jpg

During my visit with the Tremblays this past July, we took a moment to look through an assortment of pre-production items, and as Christian was sifting through pieces of art, I noticed this out-of-place handwritten document. I immediately recognized what it probably was, and asked Christian if this was the show bible. He said it's probably the closest thing to it, and that it was what he presented to HB and also supplied to Glenn Leopold as the basis for the show. It obviously changed a lot during pre-production, but it's neat to see how the base ideas were set.

You can read all four pages here on SWATKATS.info here.
9 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Re: SWAT Kats Creative Brief

Postby Ty-Chou » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:14 am

So interesting!

The development of the show from first concept to final product is fascinating to me. We saw a little bit of that in the art book. There was a mention that Chance was originally named "Chuck". Also we saw a drawing or two of Kathy, the female police officer that was, most likely, then repurposed into Callie, the deputy mayor. Maybe this is also where Felina came from. Someone thought back to those first concepts of Kathy and decided there still needed to be a female enforcer.

Thanks for sharing MoDad!
2 x

Agracite
Resident

Re: SWAT Kats Creative Brief

Postby Agracite » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:44 am

I kinda wish they kept Chuck and Yeager as Chance and Jake’s real names as I love the pun. I agree with Ty-Chou that they changed Kathy to Callie but later on felt it needed a cop similar so added Felina. Kathy knew their identities though, so I wonder if that part of Kathy’s idea will ever come about with Callie and/or Felina learning who the SWAT Kats are in Revolution.

Also all the villains save Dark Kat have accents! Megakat draws villains from around the world. I now want to hear Mac and Molly talk with French accents due to a glitch in their software or something. LOL

“It’s Gonna Be Hell!!!” turbokatfire
1 x
"My momma musta put agracite in my cereal when I was a kitten."

https://agraciteinmycereal.tumblr.com/

Return to “SK Show Discussion”