SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!
MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Postby MoDaD » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:23 am

It's a little bit dry during the first 15 minutes or so (even Christian comments that "now that we got the boring stuff out of the way") but I kept it in. Created this thread for your discussion, reactions, feedback, and of course what new questions you have now.

Someone privately mentioned a preference for SPOILER tags in this thread, so I'll go ahead and agree with their request in case anyone wants to "immerse" themselves and be surprised.
3 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Re: SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Postby Poecat » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:11 pm

Spoiler:
I am so EXTREMELY excited about this new hacker girl! XD I have all these images of what she could possibly look like with this hoodie on and being all smug. LOL (If they keep her a girl.. .I hope they keep her a girl XD) I can't wait to see model sheets of her!

I'm also excited about the Metalikats kids... along with the Cougar plot. Oh heck, I'm just excited about all of what they talked about.

I'm a little iffy on the idea of using 3-D animation on the city along with all the gadgets and vehicles. As the backgrounds, city, junkyard had this hard core, grungy look, that made things look so unique. Which they may be able to pull it off with 3-D stuff. I have faith in them to make it work though. I know that 3-D animating those elements would make things easier for production, so I can live with it.

But overall. I am excited about all this.... I think I said that already >_> OK I'm done here XD
2 x

Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident

Postby Felix Kayne » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:27 pm

Wahhh! Loud beep! At around 21:30. Super loud and hurt my ears...

Edit: Oh... I had my volume on my ipod up to the highest... No wonder it wad so loud...
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:46 pm

FelixKayne wrote:Wahhh! Loud beep! At around 21:30. Super loud and hurt my ears...

Edit: Oh... I had my volume on my ipod up to the highest... No wonder it wad so loud...

That was supposed to be a censor bleep(s), but I missed others, so if I get around to re-editing this in the future (as this was really rushed, and I have an alternative audio track to use which might be better than the one I used) but I realized I missed about 4 others, so I might as well just drop them later. Doubt anyone will be offended by some "swears."

It is disproportionately loud, and I apologize for that.
0 x

Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident

Postby Felix Kayne » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:12 pm

MoDaD wrote:It is disproportionately loud, and I apologize for that.

Oh you're fine. It was my fault for having my ipod volume on the highest and wearing headphones. Made me nearly jump out of my pants.
0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Ah wonderful! I was looking forward to this second panel as it wasn't shown via periscope. Thanks a bunch, MoDaD. You are truely awesome for taking the time to put this all together to show those of us who couldn't make it to the convention. <3

Spoiler:
I am pleased to hear it confirmed once again that this is a continuation of the already existing series. I am glad to know they pln on keeping a lot of the show elements the same with the music and green skies. LOL I am not concerned about the use of CGI for backgrounds as that technique has gotten better blended throughout the years in animation and I don't think it will stand out. So long as it remains a 2-D animated series I'm happy.

LOVE that they are going to expand characters' backgrounds, especially Dark Kat's of course! XD PLUS dude love how they plan on picking up with him being in control of a chunk of the city. Wonder just how corrupt Manx will have become. While he is a cowardly greedy politician, I never saw him as fully corrupt like putting the citizens at risk. Wonder if Dark Kat has Manx in his pocket somehow. If kidnapping and forcing him to sign over the city didn't work, try bribery? XDDD

I like the idea of Cougar and this new villain she-kat hacker. Though lulz all the years of people poking fun at the cliche "found their way into the garage and learn the SK identities" storyline used in fan fic... well guess we have to eat it as the creators are going that route too. The one thing that I find a bit hard to believe is that the SKs got so far behind in their tech that it hindered their vigilante work. Razor was always on the cutting edge of things in the series. It sounds like there is more to it than that so I'll just wait and see how this plays out. The series can use another girl and the fans seemed into it too. So long as it doesn't become some love interest thing that gets the boys arguing over her. >_>

All in all this has gotten me further excited for this. It really seems to be happening after all these years!
3 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:21 pm

Felony wrote:
Spoiler:
The one thing that I find a bit hard to believe is that the SKs got so far behind in their tech that it hindered their vigilante work. Razor was always on the cutting edge of things in the series. It sounds like there is more to it than that so I'll just wait and see how this plays out.

I got a very Star Was: Force Awakens inspired vibe from them. So if you like how a certain older established character who has lots of expertise in that movie was introduced to a younger, highly capable person who also had a lot of technical expertise, then it's my assumption that's what they're going for. Though, from what they said, it'd be more of a supporting role instead of a starring one (but who knows at this point).

Once this thread gets to a second page I think it'll be okay to drop the spoiler tags.
0 x

Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident

Postby Felix Kayne » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Oh my, I just realized something...

Feral's statement towards Miss Briggs in Ghost Pilot is coming true with this continuation...
1 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 pm

Spoiler:
Felony wrote:I like the idea of Cougar and this new villain she-kat hacker. Though lulz all the years of people poking fun at the cliche "found their way into the garage and learn the SK identities" storyline used in fan fic... well guess we have to eat it as the creators are going that route too. The one thing that I find a bit hard to believe is that the SKs got so far behind in their tech that it hindered their vigilante work. Razor was always on the cutting edge of things in the series. It sounds like there is more to it than that so I'll just wait and see how this plays out. The series can use another girl and the fans seemed into it too. So long as it doesn't become some love interest thing that gets the boys arguing over her. >_>

Felony, THANK YOU. That was my first thought when I heard about this "third Swat Kat" idea. No, guys. Teenage fanfic writers come up with ideas like this and they're not good. Don't meddle with something that isn't broken. Hopefully this new character also won't take away from the team dynamic of T-Bone and Razor which is one of my absolute favorite things about the show.
2 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:49 pm

MoDaD wrote:I got a very Star Was: Force Awakens inspired vibe from them. So if you like how a certain older established character who has lots of expertise in that movie was introduced to a younger, highly capable person who also had a lot of technical expertise, then it's my assumption that's what they're going for. Though, from what they said, it'd be more of a supporting role instead of a starring one (but who knows at this point).

Once this thread gets to a second page I think it'll be okay to drop the spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
LOL I see what you're getting at. I think it will be interesting none the less. The whole thing is still being brainstormed so only time will tell. It was cool of them to get input right there in regards to the gender.

FelixKayne wrote:Oh my, I just realized something...

Feral's statement towards Miss Briggs in Ghost Pilot is coming true with this continuation...

Spoiler:
LOL you mean when he said "Who needs them, Deputy Mayor? My Enforcers can handle anything, and that new jet is going to make the SWAT Kats obsolete."? You are correct in that it seems! Wonder how upgraded the Enforcers will be.

Ty-Chou wrote:Felony, THANK YOU. That was my first thought when I heard about this "third Swat Kat" idea. No, guys. Teenage fanfic writers come up with ideas like this and they're not good. Don't meddle with something that isn't broken. Hopefully this new character also won't take away from the team dynamic of T-Bone and Razor which is one of my absolute favorite things about the show.[/spoiler]

Spoiler:
Thankfully as MoDaD said, they seemed to say she would be more of a supporting character. I would like to see the two SKs keep their dynamic too, and maybe this gal will kinda be like Professor Hackle in some regards. In the second season it seemed he was communicating with them on a semi-regular basis or at least could gain contact with them and help them with their stuff. A sort of Q to James Bond if it were, but with input and maybe collaboration from Razor.
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

Return to “Kats Eye News”