SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!
User avatar
Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:12 pm
x 32
x 166
Flag: United States of America

Re: SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Postby Felix Kayne » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:05 pm

Felony wrote:
FelixKayne wrote:Oh my, I just realized something...

Feral's statement towards Miss Briggs in Ghost Pilot is coming true with this continuation...


Spoiler:
LOL you mean when he said "Who needs them, Deputy Mayor? My Enforcers can handle anything, and that new jet is going to make the SWAT Kats obsolete."? You are correct in that it seems! Wonder how upgraded the Enforcers will be.


That exact statement.
1 x

User avatar
Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:30 am
Location: Germany
x 904
x 443
Flag: Germany
Contact:

Re: SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:54 pm

Poecat wrote:I am so EXTREMELY excited about this new hacker girl! XD I have all these images of what she could possibly look like with this hoodie on and being all smug. LOL (If they keep her a girl.. .I hope they keep her a girl XD) I can't wait to see model sheets of her!

The idea for a third SWAT Kat who is doing supportive work in the background seems to have crossed the Tremblay's mind also in the early stages of The Radical Squadron. I'm referring to this image from the art book (click on it to enlarge):
(A scan of the complete image is available here.)
ThreeSWATKats.jpg

As the third SWAT Kat seems to be a mechanic, I guess that he/she became obsolete when it was decided that it would be T-Bone's and Razor's daily job to fix things.

Adding a third character also reminds me a little of Danger Mouse, a British comedy cartoon show (1981 - 1992), which has been revived last year. This show uses a similar approach by adding a female scientist named Professor Squawkencluck. She invents all kinds of stuff for Danger Mouse which he often uses in ways they're not indended to be used, much to her discomfort. This approach works quite well for that show in my opinion. So I'm quite curious if this approach will also gonna work for SK.

EDIT: Dropped spoiler-tags.
Last edited by Mr. Goodkat on Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
Posts: 1024
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 12:01 pm
Location: USA
x 2393
x 1752
Flag: United States of America
Contact:

Re: SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Postby MoDaD » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:07 pm

Mr. Goodkat wrote:As the third SWAT Kat seems to be a mechanic, I guess that he/she became obsolete when it was decided that it would be T-Bone's and Razor's daily job to fix things.

You have a very good eye - that's definitely something to follow-up on. And, as we're on to the second page of this thread, I think it's safe to drop the spoiler tags.
0 x

User avatar
Poecat
Fandom Veteran
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 8:52 pm
Location: Kentucky
x 654
x 618
Flag: United States of America
Contact:

Re: SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Postby Poecat » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:55 pm

Mr. Goodkat wrote:As the third SWAT Kat seems to be a mechanic, I guess that he/she became obsolete when it was decided that it would be T-Bone's and Razor's daily job to fix things.




You do have a very good eye! I would had never seen that. Well, maybe I would had if I was able to have the art book in my hand. I'm even more excited LOL.
0 x

User avatar
TazKat
Long-Term Resident
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:23 am
Location: 'Murca
x 33
x 354
Contact:

Re: SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Postby TazKat » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:31 pm

I want that hacker girl to NOT be a love interest and to be as loopy and nuts as Edward from Cowboy Bebop.

Image
Image

I WANT that so much.
3 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

User avatar
Poecat
Fandom Veteran
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 8:52 pm
Location: Kentucky
x 654
x 618
Flag: United States of America
Contact:

Re: SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Postby Poecat » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:33 pm

TazKat wrote:I want that hacker girl to NOT be a love interest and to be as loopy and nuts as Edward from Cowboy Bebop.

Image
Image

I WANT that so much.



LOL! I agree, I don't want her to be a love interest either.
2 x

User avatar
TazKat
Long-Term Resident
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:23 am
Location: 'Murca
x 33
x 354
Contact:

Re: SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Postby TazKat » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:40 pm

:mrgreen:

Chance: "Don't feed her. She'll never leave." :?

That and what was said regarding the 3rd teammate being a mechanic, I'm glad they decided against that since Jake and Chance ARE mechanics. That's their default thing so it would be rather redundant. It also makes them have a really intimate connection to the gadgets, craft, and vehicles they use.
2 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Krillos
Resident
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:38 pm
x 59
x 67
Flag: Sweden

Re: SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Postby Krillos » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:35 am

I'm so hyped for this revival. The most beautiful thing I've heard from Tremblay's lips was how this is a sequel series.

I can understand the caution about the CGI-animation for the vehicles but people should remember that if it is done right, it can look good. Look at Treasure Planet for example. Sure, it wasn't a blockbuster hit, but the way the animators combined the 3D into 2D animation was a marvelous work. And it has been years since that movie's release so I'm sure that animation technique has been developed further.

These new characters sounds pretty interesting. I hope this new hacker girl has a cool personality and appearance to boot. And that she sticks strictly to supporting role only and not a starring role. Couger sounds fascinating the moment Tremblay mentioned he was Chance's grandfather, that he was an Enforcer-pilot and how f*cked up he looks now, as Tremblay put it. LOL I wonder if he is any way acquainted with Commander Feral? Perhaps a former recruit Couger once trained?

Not sure what I feel about the Metallikat Kids, though. I mean, how are they created? I doubt neither Mac and Molly has the brain capacity to create A.I. and who in their right mind would build robotic kids for crooked parents? Certainly not Professor Hackle, that's for sure. And if they're not robotic but organic, then it is a rather odd thing to call them "Metallikat Kids". Well, unless they're cyborgs.

The only thing I'm annoyed about this is how I wished the audience could've asked more in-depth questions. Some of the things they asked were already answered in the interview earlier.

Man, I can't wait till they publish that blog. I'm gonna watch it like a hawk. 8-)
1 x

Pokygirl2001
Resident
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:15 am
x 29
x 11
Flag: United States of America

Re: SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Postby Pokygirl2001 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:26 pm

Krillos wrote:I'm so hyped for this revival. The most beautiful thing I've heard from Tremblay's lips was how this is a sequel series.

I can understand the caution about the CGI-animation for the vehicles but people should remember that if it is done right, it can look good. Look at Treasure Planet for example. Sure, it wasn't a blockbuster hit, but the way the animators combined the 3D into 2D animation was a marvelous work. And it has been years since that movie's release so I'm sure that animation technique has been developed further.

These new characters sounds pretty interesting. I hope this new hacker girl has a cool personality and appearance to boot. And that she sticks strictly to supporting role only and not a starring role. Couger sounds fascinating the moment Tremblay mentioned he was Chance's grandfather, that he was an Enforcer-pilot and how f*cked up he looks now, as Tremblay put it. LOL I wonder if he is any way acquainted with Commander Feral? Perhaps a former recruit Couger once trained?

Not sure what I feel about the Metallikat Kids, though. I mean, how are they created? I doubt neither Mac and Molly has the brain capacity to create A.I. and who in their right mind would build robotic kids for crooked parents? Certainly not Professor Hackle, that's for sure. And if they're not robotic but organic, then it is a rather odd thing to call them "Metallikat Kids". Well, unless they're cyborgs.

The only thing I'm annoyed about this is how I wished the audience could've asked more in-depth questions. Some of the things they asked were already answered in the interview earlier.

Man, I can't wait till they publish that blog. I'm gonna watch it like a hawk. 8-)


My assumption about 'metallikat kids' was that Mac and Molly had children while they were still, uh, not tin cans and he was just talking about the characters as 'the Metallika's kids'. I thought perhaps they meant Mac and Molly are going to have more of a 'gang' because they've got their grown kids behind them. I would think they were old enough to have teenagers at least when they were escaping from AlKatraz.
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
Posts: 1024
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 12:01 pm
Location: USA
x 2393
x 1752
Flag: United States of America
Contact:

Re: SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Postby MoDaD » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:07 am

Krillos wrote:Not sure what I feel about the Metallikat Kids, though. I mean, how are they created? I doubt neither Mac and Molly has the brain capacity to create A.I. and who in their right mind would build robotic kids for crooked parents? Certainly not Professor Hackle, that's for sure. And if they're not robotic but organic, then it is a rather odd thing to call them "Metallikat Kids". Well, unless they're cyborgs.

Pokygirl2001 wrote:My assumption about 'metallikat kids' was that Mac and Molly had children while they were still, uh, not tin cans and he was just talking about the characters as 'the Metallikat's kids'. I thought perhaps they meant Mac and Molly are going to have more of a 'gang' because they've got their grown kids behind them. I would think they were old enough to have teenagers at least when they were escaping from AlKatraz.

The mechanics of how that would occur aside (thought I'm guessing it's probably another unintended consequence of Professor Hackle's doing) I thought it was an interesting concept and the feeling I got was that the premise would probably be similar to the Beagle Boys family in Duck Tales. I think narratively it'd be amusing if they just abruptly all of a sudden have kids in the future and it's never explained how or why. Maybe even an exchange between T-Bone and Razor at some point along these lines:

T-Bone: And I thought the Metallikats were bad enough when there was just two of them - now they've got kids?

Razor: Yeah, not to mention how? (explosion/action interruption)

And it's never brought up again :lol:
1 x


Return to “Kats Eye News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest