SWAT Kats Awards

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!
MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

SWAT Kats Awards

Postby MoDaD » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:42 pm

The SWAT Kats Awards have been updated. The secret cabal of anonymous deciders have received nominees, and after careful analysis, two of them received a majority consensus for this round of nominees.

First and foremost, thank you to everyone who participates in the SWAT Kats fandom. It's because of your efforts, works, writings, art, and everything in-between that there's a lasting online presence over 20 years after the series was cancelled. It's a real testament to the popularity of the source material, which really showed in the past year with events related to the SWAT Kats Revolution.

So, without further delay, a special congratulations to the following...

----------------------------------------------

Mr. Goodkat

Mr. Goodkat is an avid SWAT Kats fandom participant, writer, sound engineer and programmer who wrote and coordinated the War Games illustrated story in 2015. He also provided a large amount of project support for the SWAT Kats Encyclopedia, providing a large amount of data-re-entry and image replacements. He also worked with other fans to develop original soundtracks for their projects. One of his most substantial projects debuted in the summer of 2016: a browser based game entitled “Running Kat” inspired by the original SNES game. For his avid participation and diversity of work Mr. Goodkat is awarded the Project Medal.

jacob1290

jacob1290 is a prolific comic artist who started a series of fan comics on the MegakatCity.com forums in mid-2016, whose page count has reached 100, with more content still in development. In his more recent issues he has partnered with other fans to assist with the writing, setting a great example for collaborative efforts. For his avid participation, jacob1290 is awarded the Art Medal.

Their achievements are now permanently archived on The SWAT Kats Awards page, kept among the other recipients in perpetuity.*

*or at least as long as swatkats.info exists :lol:
4 x

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Flag: Germany

Re: SWAT Kats Awards

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:52 pm

Wow! That's quite a surprise.
As I've never received such an award before, I'm not sure how to reply to this appropriately, but I give it a try <coughing slightly>:

I feel very honored that I've received this Project Medal and I'd like to thank my nominators for recommending me and the cabal of anonymous deciders for choosing me for this award. I've put a lot of effort into my projects during the last two years and into my activity in this fandom in general and so this is a really nice way to thank me for these efforts.

But let's not forget about the people who support(ed) my work, like Jan who illustrated War Games, the playtesters of Running Kat (especially Cait and NeeKnight) and last but not least MoDaD who is providing and maintaining the webspace for all my projects and who also promoted them over the social media when I released them. And of course, everyone who plays, reads or listens to my projects.

I also congratulate Jacob to his Art Medal. Rock on, dude!

Concerning the trophy money: I'll send you my bank account details later...
Just kidding (sorry, I couldn't resist making that cheap joke). :lol:

There is actually one thing I'm a bit confused about in the award description which is: "He also worked with other fans to develop original soundtracks for their projects." It's true that I've worked on a soundtrack project, but this was the only one so far and unfortunately it neither didn't get real nor into a collaborative state. So this sentence may lead readers to look for a project which doesn't really exist although I would love to see this happen.

Thanks again, everyone!

(Secret cabal of anonymous deciders... sounds very mysterious to me... I wonder if they're wearing dark cloaks at their gatherings...)

EDIT: Added additional acknowledgments (It was past midnight when I created this post and I was very tired. So I forgot about this, sorry. :oops:)
3 x

Jacob1290
Raccoon with a pen

Postby Jacob1290 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:00 am

Jacob1290 wrote:Jacob Raccoon

Jacob Raccoon is a prolific comic artist who started a series of fan comics on the MegakatCity.com forums in mid-2016, whose page count has reached 100, with more content still in development. In his more recent issues he has partnered with other fans to assist with the writing, setting a great example for collaborative efforts. For his avid participation, Jacob Raccoon is awarded the Art Medal.

Jacob Raccoon isn't my proper screen name, just jacob1290 will do. unless it can't be changed.
2 x
If there's a will, There's a way. #LoveWins
I got myself a medal of honor just by sitting in the dark drawing
Website HERE >> http://swatkats.net/ <<
ImageImage

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:43 am

Jacob1290 wrote:Jacob Raccoon isn't my proper screen name, just jacob1290 will do. unless it can't be changed.
Sure thing. Updated.
1 x

Jacob1290
Raccoon with a pen

Postby Jacob1290 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:24 am

MoDaD wrote:
Jacob1290 wrote:Jacob Raccoon isn't my proper screen name, just jacob1290 will do. unless it can't be changed.
Sure thing. Updated.

I forgot to mention to include capitalization of the "J" lol
0 x
If there's a will, There's a way. #LoveWins
I got myself a medal of honor just by sitting in the dark drawing
Website HERE >> http://swatkats.net/ <<
ImageImage

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain