swatkats.info update

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!
MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

swatkats.info update

Postby MoDaD » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:43 am

http://www.swatkats.info

Never really finished the front-end layout for this since the big back-end upgrade earlier this year due to a variety of delays, higher priority items and other problems, but managed to spend the past 3 weeks or so trying to correct that (with likely mixed results). Special thanks to Mr. Goodkat and Kooshmeister for their data entry assistance and content updates. Still need to restore a few things (like the mysteriously disappeared DVD review of Koosh's) and will also need to reincorporate some fan project promotions like War Games, Punch It and others, along with populate more graphics into the rotation. Will try to address that and other things over the course of the next few days or so. If you notice any technical problems let me know.

And, as is always the case every time I go through this process, feel free to express how much you hate change and liked the way it used to be better :lol:
2 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Re: swatkats.info update

Postby Rusakov » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:50 am

Look, web development is hard. I should know, I tried teaching myself HTML and basic CSS and couldn't even get those right. Sad isn't it?

So, if I do have complaints about the site I'm not going to air them. :P
1 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:35 am

MoDaD wrote:http://www.swatkats.info

Never really finished the front-end layout for this since the big back-end upgrade earlier this year due to a variety of delays, higher priority items and other problems, but managed to spend the past 3 weeks or so trying to correct that (with likely mixed results). Special thanks to Mr. Goodkat and Kooshmeister for their data entry assistance and content updates. Still need to restore a few things (like the mysteriously disappeared DVD review of Koosh's) and will also need to reincorporate some fan project promotions like War Games, Punch It and others, along with populate more graphics into the rotation. Will try to address that and other things over the course of the next few days or so. If you notice any technical problems let me know.

And, as is always the case every time I go through this process, feel free to express how much you hate change and liked the way it used to be better :lol:

I'm not complaint about the changes I kinda like the website it's amazing
1 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:09 pm

Buuuuuuu!!! The new web is *beep* like *beep* cos the *beep* is *beep* *beep*. *BEEEEEEEEEEP*!!!!

I don't think is bad. I mean, yeah, old web had some cool things that this one hasn't, but there are another improvements now that make it good too! ᶘ ^ᴥ^ᶅ

Just one thing for now I saw broken and I'm not sure if you're aware of or not: the "Fan Art Archive" block sends you to the The SWAT Kats Fan Fiction Archive. I'm not sure where shoul it send, but is not there obviously :lol:
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:08 pm

Cait wrote:Just one thing for now I saw broken and I'm not sure if you're aware of or not: the "Fan Art Archive" block sends you to the The SWAT Kats Fan Fiction Archive. I'm not sure where shoul it send, but is not there obviously :lol:
Good catch - fixed that.
1 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:17 pm

Thanks for the fix, MoDaD!

If you excuse me, I'll go to buy new glasses, the suddenly broke while reading my own quote...
0 x

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Flag: Germany

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:40 am

I really like the changes you've made to the page, MoDaD.
Especially the top of the page is looking way better now if you ask me (I think the search box and the background image took away way too much space in the previous layout). Also the headline looks pretty neat. The only thing I'm not so sure about is the segmentation of the articles, because the meta-links (in x categories, in y tags, by z contributors) need half of the space although they don't contain that much information. But that's complaining on a high level.
0 x

Jacob1290
Raccoon with a pen

Postby Jacob1290 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:10 pm

The link to "S.A.T" a comic I've been wanting to read again. doesn't work. it just downloads a file that isn't compatable with any program of anykind...
0 x
If there's a will, There's a way. #LoveWins
I got myself a medal of honor just by sitting in the dark drawing
Website HERE >> http://swatkats.net/ <<
ImageImage

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:07 am

Jacob1290 wrote:The link to "S.A.T" a comic I've been wanting to read again. doesn't work. it just downloads a file that isn't compatable with any program of anykind...
Looks like an .htaccess file didn't make it. Should be fixed now: http://rdo.swatkats.info/
0 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:49 am

I love it XD
0 x

Return to “Kats Eye News”