Visit to Trembly Bros. Studios

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!
MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Visit to Trembly Bros. Studios

Postby MoDaD » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:16 pm

One of the things I discussed with the Tremblays and Lance in Houston last year was the need to follow-up in Los Angles. Due to conflicting and hectic schedules from all involved, it’s been repeatedly pushed back.

But, I have at last coordinated a time, so on March 25, 2017 I’ll be going Los Angles for a long afternoon to capture more video/audio/photos and conduct some more content gathering exclusives.

This time around It’d be nice to include some more community direction as there’s no need for secrecy and there's well over a month to prepare.

Glenn Leopold may or may not be there, but I expect to be able to at least include him via phone.

Anyway, I’d like to make a checklist of things to accomplish with this opportunity.

Obviously, SWAT Kats Revolution is on everyone’s minds, but I’d still also like to focus on the existing show items related to that as well.

I’d like to do more episode commentaries (preferably one at the beginning of our interaction and one at the end), interviews that address the topics I didn’t have the opportunity to explore at the convention, some kind of live event I can stream for about 30 minutes or so, photo tweets as things occur, etc.

I’ll be bringing multiple cameras so I can hopefully pull off some A, B, C edits, lapel mics, LIGHTING (really needed this at the convention) and maybe some other things.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome, particularly concerning streaming as that’s probably my least experienced area.
4 x

SVMON94
Resident
Flag: Finland

Re: Visit to Trembly Bros. Studios

Postby SVMON94 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:14 pm

My suggestion would be already existing show items. I think those are very intresting,specially if it's promotional stuff or lost media/unused content type of stuff.
3 x
I ship felina x callie with a burning passion.

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident

Postby EricoBard » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:47 pm

That is absolutely fantastic. For my end, I'd love to have you give them a list of questions regarding what caused them to put together anthro cats, Batman, and Top Gun into a new and coherent whole. We know how they did it, but...I'm also keen on understanding why. They were five years ahead of their time, and that more than anything else cemented the series both as a gamechanger and also caused its demise in an age of the cultural/parental backlash to Power Rangers, Mortal Kombat, and the like.

I'd need some time to put together a comprehensive interview questions list regarding what inspired them to get into animation, what they think of it now, how they kept things original, what they felt stifled by during their time at Hanna Barbara, the art shift in Season 2 which looked so much cleaner and more well done, if they had any regrets about things which went undone in their time...

....Actually, that's a solid starter list anyhow.

Additionally, I'm keen if you could ask them if they've kept pace with the various fanarts and fanworks over the years, and if there was anything that caught their eye or they felt particularly proud of. They may deign not to answer that question in a desire to avoid favoritism or prevent bad blood in the community, but it might be worth the time to ask, even if they do offer a No Comment.

I'll spend some time thinking about things, get back to you. And I've still got the Metallikats Character Guide Bio to work on.

-Erico
4 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:09 pm

The sooner I say something, the sooner something comes up LOL RazLaugh Neat news!

New material, well distributed time to time (and not day to day), will surely attract the atention lost by now and even have a greater impact if it's existance is announced in the very same kickstarter page. I think that would be my suggestion, not about what content or activities should be done, but how to release them to keep the hype and interest high for a good time.

As for the new information itself, I'm agree with you both. There is no need for revolution info right now, just new SK related things never seen before and some words from the creators. Showing a minimal interest to the public and even writing some random thoughts about the show once or twice a month can have a huge impact on the audience, and therefore, in the support recieved. Episode commentaries and small interviews with a certain topic (an episode, a character, fanworks... Erico's questions are good examples too!) are two good ways to do that and they don't consume too much time. Anyway, if something about revolution comes up... the hype train will depart from its station again for a long time, that's for sure Image Hype train, huh? I think there is something I must do... See ya later!
4 x

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Flag: Germany

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Those are fantastic news! (and also finally a lifesign from the Tremblay Bros.)
I really hope that this visit works out well and also get's some attention outside the active fandom which the show definitely is going to need.
3 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:54 pm

That's a Radical Idea TurboKatBounce
1 x

Swatkatfan21
Long-Term Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Could you ask them about their creative process? I always find it fascinating to learn about how people come up with new ideas.

I would also like to hear stories about working with such amazing voice actors.
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:36 pm

Any scripts or model sheets they have would be appreciated, for the purposes of learning the names of things.
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:Any scripts or model sheets they have would be appreciated, for the purposes of learning the names of things.

I second this^
I'm curious to see a model sheet or teaser of the tech girl they mentioned.
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:52 pm

Just to clarify, heh, I meant stuff from the 90s show. ViperSMile
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Return to “Kats Eye News”