Post-Event Thread

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!

Were you able to view the Live Stream?

Yes, I watched the whole event
36%
Partially, I only saw part of the event
27%
No, I didn't get to see it at all
36%

Total votes: 22

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Re: Post-Event Thread

Postby Cait » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:49 am

About advertisement:

The only think it failed there from my PoV, was an official announcement by the tremblays on their kickstarter web (I know it is in the commentaries section, but that probably doesn't send notifications to the contributors).

About the livestream problems:

You surely have a very good luck, MoDaD... but I must say that aside of a humming noise in a microphone in Television's Lance Falk episode commentary, everything had a decent quality. I know It could be better, but still, It was pretty good. RazorHappyCait

About the livestream itself:

Amazing! I really enjoyed everything about it. We got to learn a lot of things that we didn't know about the show, and even a few more details about Revolution! The coins were unespected and I was amazed with the Ranger Industries presentation of them. Also It was very fun with all those jokes (hi, Television's Lance Falk!). You can say it all you want, but you did a great job MoDaD, even if all this was all you could archieve.

Thanks for everything, MoDaD! RazorLoveCait
3 x

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Flag: Germany

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:38 am

Cait wrote:About advertisement:

The only think it failed there from my PoV, was an official announcement by the tremblays on their kickstarter web (I know it is in the commentaries section, but that probably doesn't send notifications to the contributors).

That's right, it doesn't. But the Tremblay's posted an update-message about the event on Kickstarter just recently:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820796125/swat-kats-revolution/posts/1850589
Unfortunately too late for the live stream and the fishbowl drawing, but the backers are now aware of the video footage on YouTube.
Furthermore this update also includes a video message from Christian Tremblay who's talking about the status of SK Revolution concerning their negotiation efforts.
3 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Postby Poecat » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:01 am

For myself, I only partially saw the Livestream and only knew about it the night of. BUT... this was on me! As I had had surgery and for a few weeks been MIA with healing and catching up on work. If I had been online regularly and doing more normal forum roaming, I would had been aware of the event.

I might add, even if the event was mentioned earlier, I dont think I would've had the funds or availability to fly cross country for the event (Even though I would totally jump at the chance if I could!) RazorHappyCait

MoDaD.. with the problems you had with equipment and time restraints, I feel that the event went well. I'm glad that you were able to make it possible for us that can't be at a place in person to be a part of the SK events! And yayee for Sage for being there to help!
5 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:54 pm

MoDaD wrote:Someone must've remembered all of your work coordinating the Reddit AMAs, your extensive work with the SWAT Kats Revival Blog, and your contributions to the letter writing campaign, and submitted your name.

Which is weird as I really slacked off during 2013-2015. I even came close to giving up!
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:03 pm

MoDaD wrote:
  • Kooshmeister

Got mine! ViperLaughCait
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:34 am

4 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Here's a quick export of the pre-event:

For the main part of the stream I edited in better audio from the TASCAM (replacing the live recorded laptop version). That's encoding, but will probably take the rest of the evening. In the meantime, thought this would be a neat little thing to show in case anyone missed it.
3 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:53 pm

And, here's the main portion of the Live Stream:

My apologies to everyone who watched live, that audio was terrible. This should be much improved.

Lance's LIVE commentary is going to be up next once I edit it and check it for any correctable problems.
3 x

Kanogetz
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Republic of Serbia

Postby Kanogetz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:59 pm

Oh no, I totally missed the event, I didn't even knew about it, damn! ><
Awesome job on the presentation, everyone was amazing, enjoyed every second of it. Huge thank you to Tremblay Bros., MoDad and everyone else that helped organize the whole deal, I have never seen the creator-fan interaction of this magnitude anywhere, you guys ROCK!!
1 x
slothful artist / dynamic gamer / mechanized bum.
http://kanogetz.deviantart.com/
http://stungunwolf.tumblr.com/

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:00 pm

Kanogetz wrote:Oh no, I totally missed the event, I didn't even knew about it, damn! ><
Awesome job on the presentation, everyone was amazing, enjoyed every second of it. Huge thank you to Tremblay Bros., MoDad and everyone else that helped organize the whole deal, I have never seen the creator-fan interaction of this magnitude anywhere, you guys ROCK!!

Keep an eye on your mailbox, you were one of the people whose name was picked in the drawing :D
2 x

Return to “Kats Eye News”