Post-Event Thread

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!

Were you able to view the Live Stream?

Yes, I watched the whole event
36%
Partially, I only saw part of the event
27%
No, I didn't get to see it at all
36%

Total votes: 22

Kanogetz
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Republic of Serbia

Re: Post-Event Thread

Postby Kanogetz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:07 pm

MoDaD wrote:Keep an eye on your mailbox, you were one of the people whose name was picked in the drawing :D

I didn't know 'bout the drawing! Dude, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw my name, lol xD
2 x
slothful artist / dynamic gamer / mechanized bum.
http://kanogetz.deviantart.com/
http://stungunwolf.tumblr.com/

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Postby EricoBard » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:46 pm

The coin arrived just fine, MoDaD. Thank you again for all the hard work you put in, both in taking the time to GO to their studio, and in arranging the livestream and your work on the give-away.

The most encouraging thing I've taken from what's come out of your time there is that they're once again in talks with someone, somewhere, to get SK Revolution moving again. I hope in my heart of hearts that it's Netflix taking the stand for quality animation, especially given their track record so far. If they were the ones that responded to the petition and opted to get involved (We'll find out one way or another after the Tremblay studio finalizes their talks), we might all be witness to a lifelong dream of ours...the resurrection of another good show killed before its time was ended.

Who knows? Maybe this is just the beginning. Perhaps other shows could be revived as well.

Although to be honest, Pirates of Dark Water would be another tough reboot, seeing as Brock Peters also did the voice of Bloth. ARRRGH WHY DID YOU TAKE HIM GOD?!
3 x

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident

Postby EricoBard » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:51 pm

A quick followup...Today, I received another envelope in the mail from nevada. Unlike the last larger one, which contained the coin and the signed card...This Envelope was EMPTY. It was also torn at one corner and then roughly resealed with some kind of adhesive tape. This was a regular sized envelope and it had four forever stamps on it, indicating that it had something of considerable heft in it at one point. So the question is...what else were you trying to send me from carson city nevada with a swat kats logo on your return sticker?
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:56 pm

EricoBard wrote:A quick followup...Today, I received another envelope in the mail from nevada. Unlike the last larger one, which contained the coin and the signed card...This Envelope was EMPTY.

That's great... :lol:

Tried to send those folding coin stands. They're really light weight, but I guess not light enough. Now I'm wondering if anybody's arrived intact. Currently out of them now. They're available on Amazon, but it looks like only in large quantities.
0 x

Katney
Resident

Postby Katney » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:25 pm

MoDaD wrote:Tried to send those folding coin stands. They're really light weight, but I guess not light enough. Now I'm wondering if anybody's arrived intact. Currently out of them now. They're available on Amazon, but it looks like only in large quantities.

Got mine today just fine.
1 x

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident

Postby EricoBard » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:35 pm

Consider yourself lucky then. Just got back from speaking with my postmaster about the missing item, and he said that because of the way that their automated sorters run envelopes like the ones that were used to mail this plastic display stand, they would've punched through the envelope rather easily and then fallen out.

Still, in spite of the fact that improper packaging was used, I appreciate the gesture and extra effort that modad took. Just maybe next time, don't use a regular envelope.
2 x

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Flag: Germany

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Just noticed that the swatkats.info channel has got 1.000 subscribers now, yay!
Congrats, MoDaD. Hope the clips you're going to upload gonna attract even more.
2 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Mr. Goodkat wrote:Just noticed that the swatkats.info channel has got 1.000 subscribers now, yay!
Congrats, MoDaD. Hope the clips you're going to upload gonna attract even more.

WHOOT! WHOOT! RazorHappyCait
2 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:05 pm

EricoBard wrote:Just got back from speaking with my postmaster about the missing item, and he said that because of the way that their automated sorters run envelopes like the ones that were used to mail this plastic display stand, they would've punched through the envelope rather easily and then fallen out.

Yours was more informed and helpful than mine, apparently :lol:

Found a few extras in a drawer. Re-sending - let me know if it arrives. You're my canary in the coal mine this go-around. If the way I sent it works, then it should work for everyone else.
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Mr. Goodkat wrote:Just noticed that the swatkats.info channel has got 1.000 subscribers now, yay!

That's neat :)

I wonder if some kind of celebration is in order...what do other channels do when they reach a benchmark like that?
3 x

Return to “Kats Eye News”