Post-Event Thread

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!

Were you able to view the Live Stream?

Yes, I watched the whole event
36%
Partially, I only saw part of the event
27%
No, I didn't get to see it at all
36%

Total votes: 22

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Post-Event Thread

Postby MoDaD » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:20 pm

SageSK wrote:So thanks, MoDaD! Thanks for the amazing weekend… and for putting up with me. ;)

There was nothing to put up with. You were awesomely helpful and a key part of the event. I still have a massive backlog of your on-camera stuff which I'll be getting to soon, I just wanted to get the elements of the live stream corrected and re-posted (almost done with that, just part 5 remains).

Thanks for making the harrowing journey across the country and committing to such a tight timeframe. We had to move very quickly, so I appreciate your professionalism and patience throughout.
3 x

MintySage
Fandom Veteran

Postby MintySage » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:38 pm

There was nothing to put up with. You were awesomely helpful and a key part of the event. I still have a massive backlog of your on-camera stuff which I'll be getting to soon, I just wanted to get the elements of the live stream corrected and re-posted (almost done with that, just part 5 remains).

D'aww, thanks! Also, Dude, take your time! I know you've got a lot going on right now. I shall wait patiently. XD

Thanks for making the harrowing journey across the country and committing to such a tight timeframe. We had to move very quickly, so I appreciate your professionalism and patience throughout.

Hey, it was an adventure/not something I do everyday. I had a lot of fun! Also, I got an amazing workout hiking up to the observatory. :lol:
1 x
Se habla Español. | Tweet, Tweet TboneSmile

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Mon May 01, 2017 11:37 pm

And, that wraps up the LIVE Stream:

3 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Tue May 02, 2017 2:36 am

MoDaD wrote:And, that wraps up the LIVE Stream:

LOVE the image preview of the video TboneLaughCait
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue May 02, 2017 4:59 am

Megakat City the size of California? Holy crap! RazDumbfounded
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident

Postby EricoBard » Tue May 02, 2017 11:30 am

I doubt that the entire 'City' proper is the size of California; I think what Lance meant to say was, they gave themselves a Sandbox the size of California to play in. So if they need a Golf Course right next to a desert full of rock canyons (Chaos in Crystal) or an active Volcano in the wilderness (Dark Kat's first evil lair), they've got room to play in. Megakat City itself is probably the size of New York and its exterior add-ons, with Megakat City inhabiting a space similar to the eastern seaboard's Northeast Megalopolis (Albeit a touch bigger, and in a way more diverse geographical environment. Huzzah, Megakat City exists in an Ace Combat styled Strangereal setting!)

This also helps to explain a little bit more about why Megakat City is patrolled by the Enforcers, a part police/part paramilitary group that uses both police cruisers and heavier military ordnance and vehicles. With that much landmass patrolled and ruled autonomously, it's likely that Megakat City exists in a world full of City-States. One particular story I read, "Ten Twenty-Four" implied that Megakat City established its independence after putting down a pirate armada, with The Enforcers being the modern day equivalent of those first British Naval-styled heroes. The Enforcers might act as a combination Police Department/Army/Air Force, overseeing a wide area, not only of the city itself, but the surrounding lands that fall under their jurisdiction.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue May 02, 2017 11:34 am

All fine and good except it has a state beach, implying it's in a state. Possibly the capitol of said state.
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Tue May 02, 2017 12:07 pm

EricoBard wrote:With that much landmass patrolled and ruled autonomously, it's likely that Megakat City exists in a world full of City-States.

There is certainly a lot of evidence (or maybe, "lack of evidence showing the opposite") to support this. I've always kind of drawn a parallel to Cape Suzette from TaleSpin, which has a similar isolated feel (Megakat City doesn't have cliff guns, but most sensitive buildings/installations seem to have similar defenses).

Kooshmeister wrote:All fine and good except it has a state beach, implying it's in a state. Possibly the capitol of said state.

And yeah, there's that. The only other populated areas we see outside of the city limits are Megakat Springs (an obvious Palm Springs pun) and Anakata Island (an obvious Catalina Island pun, though I don't know why they just didn't call it "Katalina Island" :lol: ).

The Megawar II references from The Ghost Pilot implies there's a greater region in play...though it's entirely possible the only similarities to real world history are the name, and the details of the conflict could be entirely localized and internal.

The only thing we know for sure (and I have additional evidence to post of this) is that it's an all kat world. That is now canon SinianThisCait

EricoBard wrote:One particular story I read, "Ten Twenty-Four" implied that Megakat City established its independence after putting down a pirate armada, with The Enforcers being the modern day equivalent of those first British Naval-styled heroes.

Thanks for the read! And, my apologies - I proofread that thing to death several years ago, and yet I glanced at it the other day and there's still too many typos.
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed May 03, 2017 9:12 am

MoDaD wrote:The only thing we know for sure (and I have additional evidence to post of this) is that it's an all kat world. That is now canon SinianThisCait

That should settle the Chopshop debate. TboneLaughCait
3 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Wed May 03, 2017 9:20 am

Kooshmeister wrote:
MoDaD wrote:The only thing we know for sure (and I have additional evidence to post of this) is that it's an all kat world. That is now canon SinianThisCait

That should settle the Chopshop debate. TboneLaughCait

Ah! That is very true! RazorHappyCait
3 x

Return to “Kats Eye News”