Project Status Updates

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!
MoDaD
Janitor
Flag: United States of America

Project Status Updates

Postby MoDaD » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:55 am

In the past I've generally held the position that I wouldn't make posts or announcements about something I'm working on until it's done, as (particularly in the fandom's earlier days) many people would make large announcements and bold declarations about various things they'd undertake...and then it'd never happen.

But, as there are several things that are going on, I can also see the value in letting people know what I'm working on so as to reassure (particularly during moments of silence) what's going on in my very small sphere of influence.

I think that it's also worth making the disclaimer, that anything posted in this thread should be considered NOT GUARANTEED, so anyone who posts a project status can do so without fear of repercussion. At the same time, all posts to project status should be done in good faith, especially if it's something new.

I invite everyone to post to this thread, whether you're an artist, writer, designer, etc. who has a SWAT Kats related task(s) they're in the middle of. BacteriaDivide
3 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

MoDaD
Janitor

Re: Project Status Updates

Postby MoDaD » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:02 am

Strike's SWAT Kat Zone Transfer - 1% - This thing's a mess, but it's a doable mess. Just need to make time for it. Probably before the end of 2017.

SWATKats.info Redesign - 5% - This has been on the back-burner for over a year. Have something more streamlined and faster in mind.

The MEGA SWAT Kast: Metallikats EP - 100% - UPDATED. With special guest Mark Lungo. This thing is coming along fine. Should have that done within a week.

MEGA SWAT Kats Auxiliary Weapons Panel - 100% - UPDATED. With a special guest Christian Tremblay. Up now: https://www.mixcloud.com/swatkats/auxil ... -tremblay/

The MEGA SWAT Kast: Bride of the Pastmaster - 100% - This has been recorded and awaits editing. Special guest Kooshmeister joined for this one.

MegakatCity.com Upgrade - 5% - Did this on my test location, and everything worked fine, with ONE exception. The theme I modded is no longer compatible with the latest version of PHPBB, which means I'll have to cannibalize one that is. Could I make one from scratch, you ask? Yes. Will I? No. Hoping to have that resolved by January 2018.

Writing Challenge Story - 0% - I'd like to take a stab at this as I haven't written a story in awhile, but time constraints probably won't allow for it. CANCELLED - After reconsidering this, I realized I have no time to do this, and probably won't do any writing until 2018 at the earliest.

Redoing the SWAT Kats Fan Art Archive - 1% - I really want to update this into the same back-end format I did for the SKFFA as it'd make it easier for Kris to use and for visitors to view. Postponed into 2018. Want to finish swatkats.info first.
6 x
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident

Postby EricoBard » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:22 am

Staying In Character: In the planning stage for the more critical tertiary characters.

-Professor Hackle
-Dr. Abi Sinian
-Ann Gora (Kat's Eye News)
-Lieutenant Commander Steele
-Bulk and Skull Burke and Murray

Professor Hackle should be up and completed before the end of the first week of October. I won't be starting my writing challenge entry until that's done.
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:22 pm

I think we're pretty sure it's Abby now. SteeleSweatDropIcon
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:05 pm

MoDaD wrote:The MEGA SWAT Kast: Metallikats EP - 50% - With special guest Mark Lungo. This thing is coming along fine. Should have that done within a week.

So glad to hear this, MoDaD! BroFistIcon

As for my SWAT Kats project:

Writing Challenge Story - 0%. All I have is a premise. I haven't written word one.
3 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 am

MEGA SWAT Kats Auxiliary Weapons Panel - 100% - With a special guests Erico, AkaneKitty and Kooshmeister. This is recorded but still needs to be edited. Done. Giving it a last listen to and checking permissions on some artwork.

The MEGA SWAT Kast: Bride of the Pastmaster - 100% - This has been recorded and is still being editing. Special guest Kooshmeister joined for this one.

Writing Challenge Cards - 100% - Just a little postcard thing to go with the coins, similar to the "20 Years" laminate. Ordered.
3 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:08 pm

I have too many art projects on hold that I want to end before starting anything new. I don't have a specific order aside smilies first (since some are requests from 2 months ago). My plan is to end with all before next year but... probably won't be able SighingChanceIcon

- Smilies.
Requested: 10/17 done.
Others by me: 04/11 done.

- Megakat City Stories. A comic that I started about 6 months ago and never finished a page yet. I have 3 pages planned for now. All pages planed to be in digital.
01 We got one: fully sketched and started digitizing some lines.
02 Critical hit!: fully sketched, but that's all.
03 Deja vú: half sketched.

- Digital versions. These are some drawings already sketched that I want to redo in digital.
Join the Revolution Hype Train: My first planned big project, on hold too cos of old hard drive not working properly. About 70% done.
Megakat Wrestling Simulator - Callie VS Dark Kat: not started yet.
Night at the port: about 40% done.
Dataspace Jake: this started as a little practise with depths. About 15% done.

- Art Challenge 4 - Remember Those Times When...: A cat step into my life and now I'm stuck with another project on hold... TboneLaughCait Still have some characters to sketch as well as background details. Obviously, It will be done in digital.
2 x

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident

Postby EricoBard » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Staying In Character: Tertiary Characters 50% complete

Professor Hackle
Dr. Abby Sinian

Ann Gora
Burke and Murray

Unresolved Story Challenge: 25% complete
4 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Next Metallikats AMV: 10%... and stuck there for a while now.

SighingChanceIcon
1 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Update: I felt like my original Metallikats AMV wasn't working out the way I wanted it to. So I'm nixing the original idea in favor of a new Metallikats vid and that means my project is now down to 1%.

But I think I've made a project that's much more manageable than the original. And the editor I'm using is a newer, more stable and less buggy version. So this time it might not get stuck at 10% like the previous one!

And the new iteration will hopefully be just as epic as the original! MKIcon

Edit: and you guys all really rock with the hard work you're putting in. A special shout out to MoDad for hosting the encyclopedia and these forums! I just wish I had money or talent to give. FeralIcon
1 x

Return to “Kats Eye News”