Upcoming On-Location Projects

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!
MoDaD
Janitor
Flag: United States of America

Upcoming On-Location Projects

Postby MoDaD » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:35 pm

On Dec. 2nd Dec. 4th I will be in Los Angeles to meet with the Tremblay Bros. to carry out the task mentioned in their most recent Kickstarter update:

Also, around November, our friends at swatkats.info will be visiting our upcoming new production's office location in Hollywood. We recently unboxed a bunch of SWAT Kats production archives with all kinds of unique and exclusive materials. They’ll be helping Yvon and me digitize them so that we can share all of them for you to see!

I have a day set aside for this, but while I'm there Christian agreed to do some on-camera things, too. Maybe a podcast recording. Maybe some more fan questions. No promises as this whole thing equates to me spending the day doing online archival documentation, with the Tremblays stopping by only for about an hour or so amid all of that. They have a pretty tight schedule, so arranging this was a bit of a small miracle.

I'll try to pin down some more SK Revolution details, most importantly how their trip to MIPCOM went, who they talked with, how SWAT Kats was received, and whether the financial backers have been secured, etc. While I'm there I'll make sure to frequently tweet things. There's apparently a lot of original show backgrounds, storyboards, scripts, character models, designs etc. that Christian says have never been seen before. Not sure if that's the case or not, but I don't mind finding out. I'll be bringing my lighting equipment and assortment of lenses with me, and probably have an organized place online to view all of this stuff by early January-ish. It depends on how much there is. My goal is to get some creator commentary from Christian as I go through these, so hopefully that will work out.

The second thing I have setup is a meeting with Television's Lance Falk on Dec. 26. to get some more episode commentary, maybe a podcast, some "Megakat Minute" featurettes I have in mind, and also to get his input on some of the show materials from Dec. 2nd Dec. 4th.

I don't really have anything "live" planned for either of these, but if that changes I'll try to give people as much notice as possible.

Anyway, your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc. as always are appreciated (and as always, my forgiveness in advance should I be unable to act upon any of them Madkatlaughing ).
10 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Re: Upcoming On-Location Projects

Postby Cait » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:20 pm

It is impresive how much new material we are getting from the wait of Revolution. I mean, when I arrived here, the kickstarter campaing was about to end and there was almost nothing besides a few fan reviews, episode sketches and drawings and some other small things. Now the SK encyclopedia has grown so big that I don't know where to start. I like it RazorHappyCait (just thinking out loud)

Now that I THINK I have time, I'll try to catch up on everything so I'm not lost when this arrives. It's nice to see we are getting more information about the show (old and possibly new too!). Thanks again MoDaD for everything you do for the community, not many fans of anything do this much or are even able to. It's remarkable. CallieKissIcon2
5 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:12 pm

MKIcon BroFistIcon I can't wait until I'm looking forward for more Update :D
2 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:08 pm

I am writhing with jealousy that you get to go to the studio and touch animation stuff. ;)

Have a safe trip. What you do for this fandom is so amazing. Thank you so much! I look forward to seeing what you discover.
4 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:39 pm

I'm to excited to think of anything but your amazing YAY! Lol and I like that Megakat Minute idea, Kat version of 60 Seconds?
3 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Jiesi wrote:...I like that Megakat Minute idea, Kat version of 60 Seconds?

That's pretty much just going to be me clicking through pages on swatkats.info and asking Lance "talk about this" and keeping it a few minutes or so, and then using them for video embeds for entries once I start to get that 2018 redesign fully in motion.

Ty-Chou wrote:I am writhing with jealousy... I look forward to seeing what you discover.

Should probably take a rain check on that jealousy until I actually see what there is. I'm expecting a high probability of duplicate content... but at least I'll be able to capture it at higher quality/resolution at least.
3 x
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:56 pm

MoDaD wrote:There's apparently a lot of original show backgrounds, storyboards, scripts, character models, designs etc. that Christian says have never been seen before.

Any chance there are music tracks or pages with the score among the new discoveries?
6 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:37 pm

Felony wrote:Any chance there are music tracks or pages with the score among the new discoveries?

Me. Want. Soundtrack. Image
3 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:44 pm

Felony wrote:Any chance there are music tracks or pages with the score among the new discoveries?

No, unfortunately.
2 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:27 am

I wonder if they decided to license funko pop for swat Kat figures
3 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Return to “Kats Eye News”