Live Stream - Television's Lance Falk

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!
Jiesi
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Live Stream - Television's Lance Falk

Postby Jiesi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:53 am

I'm half kicking myself in the head for not doing a follow up question when he recommended going to art school. Although i think I half know the answer.
0 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident

Postby EricoBard » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:41 pm

On reflection of this, I for one find it both hilarious and sad that the fans understand particular characters better than the writers of this show did, years after the fact. Perhaps that's the difference between just collecting a paycheck and giving two figs about something. Perhaps they needed to brush up on "Staying In Character" a little themselves. Either that, or they are merely living within a pocket universe inside their own headspace. Who we WISH someone to be can sometimes stand at odds with who they ARE. And what they DO.

In any case, I for one adhere to the policy that only AIRED episodes count as "Canon" for purposes of this show. Whatever might have been in previous versions of scripts, or whatever was in scripts that never got to be fully realized, or whatever particular ideas certain writers had for a character, they do not matter. They do not count. By doing this, you prevent discrepancies, and elements which might radically alter, or decrease the importance of particular stories, events, and characters can be safely ensconced behind the firewall of wishful thinking and vague what-ifs. Many of the things talked about in this and with an episode writer made me shake my head, because their what-ifs would only serve to weaken the brand, the characters, and the storytelling.

But then again, what do I know about writing a good story that stays consistent without continuity errors, discrepancies, and wild shifts in characterization? (He said sarcastically)

Take this as a lesson in where this show started out, and the fallibility of mankind. We can do better. And we should.

-Erico
2 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:45 pm

EricoBard wrote:On reflection of this, I for one find it both hilarious and sad that the fans understand particular characters better than the writers of this show did, years after the fact. Perhaps that's the difference between just collecting a paycheck and giving two figs about something. Perhaps they needed to brush up on "Staying In Character" a little themselves. Either that, or they are merely living within a pocket universe inside their own headspace. Who we WISH someone to be can sometimes stand at odds with who they ARE. And what they DO.

-Erico

Well it was so long ago working on it and a team of people going back and forth on ideas ect. They did seem to care about the show so I'm going to chalk it up to it being so long ago and plus memory is a really funny thing. People remember things differently sometimes and sometimes it changes even more over time. For example I went into hypothermia on my grandpas boat when I was 5 and my cousin (who is 1 year younger) passed out on the boat when she was 10. Now my aunt always tells the story of us having such a bond because we had our accidents 1 year apart which doesn't make sense. And then there was a whole mix up of who saved who. The whole thing was a lot funnier if how they retold it trust me. But in the end my cousin and I both look at each other like uh we were there and knew what was happening. And of course I had to throw in a joke that she's my hero. But yeah. Memories are a weird tricky thing and my aunt had everything mixed up despite loving us and being there. So it is annoying if they're memories are inconsistent but I understand
1 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:06 am

Also, live stream coin recipients will be contacted for their mailing addresses over the weekend. For most, expect a mid-to-late January arrival.
4 x

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Flag: Germany

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 am

Just wanted to let you know that the card signed by Lance Falk and the coin arrived this week save and sound. RazorLoveCait
Thank you very very much.

Furhtermore, my internet connection was able to handle the stream this time so that I enjoyed the live stream with almost no interruptions.
5 x

Return to “Kats Eye News”