New article about "extreme" 90s action toons mentions "SWAT Kats"

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!
marklungo
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

New article about "extreme" 90s action toons mentions "SWAT Kats"

Postby marklungo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:16 am

On the SWAT Kats Discord page, a user who I think is named t bone ganeash raja has posted a link to a CBR article called 16 Cartoons From The 90s Way Too X-TREME For Kids Today. It's a clickbaity list of 16 action/adventure cartoons from the era that share an over-the-top aesthetic, and our feline fighter friends are actually mentioned first. There's not much to the article--each show gets just a brief paragraph--but I just thought that forum members who don't frequent Discord (like me) should know about it.
Last edited by marklungo on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Re: New article about "extreme" 90s action toons mentions "SWAT Kats"

Postby Jiesi » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:32 pm

People like this have their own personal crusade. It's so annoying. If they don't want their kids to watch something block the show. If they feel they should tell others how to raise their kids tell them how to block a show.
And the show is more like people wanting to rise up and be heroes then well I'm going to distort things just cuz and that's it. But now we have annoying shows where the main theme seems like let's be really stupid and annoying cuz it's funny.
6 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident

Postby Rusakov » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:37 pm

Jiesi wrote:People like this have their own personal crusade. It's so annoying. If they don't want their kids to watch something block the show. If they feel they should tell others how to raise their kids tell them how to block a show.
And the show is more like people wanting to rise up and be heroes then well I'm going to distort things just cuz and that's it. But now we have annoying shows where the main theme seems like let's be really stupid and annoying cuz it's funny.

I mean, OK KO and Loud House are good at that kind of humor. But outside of those? Yeah, it's a wasteland insofar as new shows go. You're really just better off watching Patreon funded indie stuff you find online.

Irony of ironies. It seems most of the quality stuff these days is put out by small teams with budgets gotten through donations, whereas the big deep-pocketed studios are crap now.
3 x

Swatkatfan21
Long-Term Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:36 pm

It seems like every other day I see an article like this one on my Facebook page. Half of them are about how much garbage 90's/80's cartoons are and the others are about how new cartoons are trash. This article was a nice walk down memory lane, but not much else.
3 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:29 pm

Swatkatfan21 wrote:This article was a nice walk down memory lane, but not much else.

Agreed. As I tried to make clear in my original post, it's not much of an article. I only put it here for completeness' sake.
3 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Return to “Kats Eye News”