CBR Mentions "SWAT Kats" Again

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!
marklungo
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

CBR Mentions "SWAT Kats" Again

Postby marklungo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:38 am

...and it's another click bait-y list article, and I learned about it through one of my rare excursions to our Discord group, just like last time. (Thank you, Nomadia 76!)

This time, the title is "Re-Animated: 15 Failed Superhero Cartoons That Deserve A Second Watch", and our feline fliers rank at a lucky 13. It annoys me a little that the first words of their section ("Created by the good people at Hanna-Barbera...") are a little misleading, but I'm sure we can all agree with the conclusion: "Featuring wildly creative villains and a beautifully dark animation style for the early ’90s, SWAT Kats is a gem everyone should watch at least once."
3 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Re: CBR Mentions "SWAT Kats" Again

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:23 am

marklungo wrote:...and it's another click bait-y list article, and I learned about it through one of my rare excursions to our Discord group, just like last time. (Thank you, Nomadia 76!)

This time, the title is "Re-Animated: 15 Failed Superhero Cartoons That Deserve A Second Watch", and our feline fliers rank at a lucky 13. It annoys me a little that the first words of their section ("Created by the good people at Hanna-Barbera...") are a little misleading, but I'm sure we can all agree with the conclusion: "Featuring wildly creative villains and a beautifully dark animation style for the early ’90s, SWAT Kats is a gem everyone should watch at least once."

Of course they deserve a second chance which is Why the Tremblay Bros. are keep fighting to get some investor who is interest it on the Revolution on the air or on Netflix, Hulu or whatever. But I'm still shocked that they listed#13 on their top 15 failed superheroes deserve a second chance So Un-lucky
4 x

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Postby Jiesi » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:15 am

I think failed is a poor choice of words. Someone just decided on behalf of parents that their kid shouldn't watch these shows. Don't give the parents a chance/ choice to talk about it with their kids or even discuss on if the kid is more mature. Let's just take the decision out of people's hand and cut it. I wouldn't call the failure just manipulating
5 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:28 pm

They didn’t research very thoroughly for SWAT Kats. Feral wasn’t an “incompetent captain”. He was a grouchy commander. XD. Plus most of these are comic superhero shows that have had several versions. How about focusing on the new original stuff like SWAT Kats and Megas XLR instead of rehashing the comic heroes? I do wish they’d release the complete XLR series on blu-ray/DVD.
6 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Felony wrote:They didn’t research very thoroughly for SWAT Kats. Feral wasn’t an “incompetent captain”. He was a grouchy commander. XD.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It's as if the author just wrote about the show from memory and didn't bother to get the facts straight.

Felony wrote:Plus most of these are comic superhero shows that have had several versions. How about focusing on the new original stuff like SWAT Kats and Megas XLR instead of rehashing the comic heroes? I do wish they’d release the complete XLR series on blu-ray/DVD.

Totally agree with you, although the the comic heroes will always be rehashed, since they're so enduringly popular--and are owned by big corporations who want to keep them in the public eye.

Anyway, the real purpose of articles like this is to get people to click on the site so the owners can charge more to advertisers, so I guess it worked. However, any media attention that SWAT Kats gets is a good thing, especially for those of us waiting for Revolution, so I'm not complaining too much.
3 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:12 am

marklungo wrote:However, any media attention that SWAT Kats gets is a good thing, especially for those of us waiting for Revolution, so I'm not complaining too much.
Still, I would like to see videos where the information is loyal to the show and without unnecesary complainings. The click bait would be a real bait that way.
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:54 am

marklungo wrote:It annoys me a little that the first words of their section ("Created by the good people at Hanna-Barbera...") are a little misleading,

Hanna-Barbera may not have come up with the idea for the show, but they did produce it. Their name is all over it. So to a casual viewer, it would appear to be entirely their creation. And, anyway, yeah, the Tremblays created the concept and characters, but Hanna-Barbera produced the actual show, which, in my opinion, makes them just as much creators as the Tremblays.

Felony wrote:They didn’t research very thoroughly for SWAT Kats. Feral wasn’t an “incompetent captain”. He was a grouchy commander.

Well, to be fair, they got the basic gist correct; Chance and Jake were essentially cops and they did get fired for disobeying orders, and Feral being incompetent, while debatable, is a common view of him and certainly, to some extent, how the writers clearly intended us to view him. FeralIcon

All they really got wrong was his rank. RazLaugh
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Swatkatfan21
Long-Term Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:12 am

Good ol' CBR. . . The suggest post on Facebook that I spend more time debating whether or not it is clickbait or something worth reading. Got to say so far nothing but annoying clickbait TboneSwearCait MadkatDownIcon
2 x

Return to “Kats Eye News”