What if Chance and Jake Were from another country

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
jesse220
Long-Term Resident

What if Chance and Jake Were from another country

Postby jesse220 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Well I was thinking that both Chance and Jake were born in a different country, they were young kittens without any families. Nobody to care for them and they had to struggle to survive. But suddenly they were Kat-napped by some troops with a military truck to take them to Megakat city. They arrived to the city and they were taken to their commanding officer to put them some were. But fortunately for both Chance and Jake they were rescued by Pop Perkins and some 2 couple, Pop adopted Chance as his grandson and the nice family adopted Jake as their own son.

I know that is Bull $@^* but what if they were orphans?
0 x

Furlong29
Just Moved In

Re: What if Chance and Jake Were from another country

Postby Furlong29 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Wow, that's an...interesting theory! I've always thought that Chance seemed more like the orphan who grew up in a rough and tumble neighborhood, whereas Jake had a normal, happy childhood. Also, If Pop Perkins theoretically adopted Chance and raised him, then why didn't he recognize him in A Bright and Shiny Future? Also, although it was never explicitly stated, there are several incidents that imply that Chance and Jake met during their enforcer days (for example, Jake not knowing Chance couldn't swim in Mutation City, something he surely would've known had they grown up together.)
0 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Postby jesse220 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Well I think Pops did not recognized Chance because he was in the enforcers, untill Feral makes them pay of the headquarters, And my theories about this that both Chance and Jake as they met as kitten's not in their enforcer days. And I doubt Jake had a nice childhood but if they were adopted by their foster families, their lives were changing until they signed up to become enforcer pilots and unfortunately Feral made them both pay off the debt but they became swat kats to save their adopted home city.
0 x

Darker
Resident
Flag: Spain

Postby Darker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:51 pm

They wouldn't have their "MURICA HECK YEAH" personalities.
0 x
It feels so good to be bad!
Click above & enjoy

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:35 pm

Darker wrote:They wouldn't have their "MURICA HECK YEAH" personalities.

This :lol:

I dunno, it might be interesting? Orphanhood is a typical trope to put a character at a disadvantage and give them something personal to overcome. There's nothing wrong with it and I've seen it done many nice ways however, I like that in SK these two are just a couple of joes who want to make a difference and use their out-of-this-world talents to do it. Nobody killed their parents, they just got blacklisted in the system (which is still pretty horrible). They just wanted to do good, get back at Feral while bucking that same oppressive system on their backs. To me that's... different and more relatable because my immediate family is still intact :)

Jake always came across as a well adjusted kid from a stable family. He just seems so comfortable in his fur. He looks like he might have an issue with perfectionism though, like maybe his family put high expectations on him? If he feels he will fail or hurt someone, he may be afraid to even try like in Razors Edge.

At worst, Chance is a foster kid. At best, he's from a lower class family, possibly single parent home, on the wrong side of the tracks (show confirms the last point at least). Either way, judging by his occasional hostility and aggressively protected insecurities possible father/authority issues? I mean look at how a bossy, older male kat like Feral makes Chance's blood boil!

Anyway, keeping it on track~~~
2 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Return to “What If?”