Would Razor want a self-driving Cyclotron?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Would Razor want a self-driving Cyclotron?

Postby Mikazo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Been keeping an eye on the development of self-driving cars. In this respect, think Razor would opt for a self-driving Cyclotron, assuming the technology were good enough to manage the complex navigation?

The advantage would be that Razor could have his hands (paws?) free for other things while the bike drives itself. The disadvantage naturally would be the vulnerability to being hacked. Which do you think he'd go for?
0 x

Casandro
Fandom Veteran
Flag: Germany

Re: Would Razor want a self-driving Cyclotron?

Postby Casandro » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:32 am

Well to be honest, "hacking" probably isn't much of a problem with such a device, even if it was connected to public networks, Razor would be far to smart to do any of the typical idiotic mistakes leading to security problems.

Other than that I'm sure he'd put in some sort of "remote" for it, maybe even a "go to X"-function. Of course that would be much less fun than riding it yourself.

I guess it wasn't in the original episodes as in the 1990s self driving cars kinda felt old fashioned. Car manufacturers had such projects in the 1980s and the surge of US style management killed such projects. I distinctly remember a self-driving van which drove autonomously on a test track. It had a set of cameras in the front, and the back was full of equipment.

Here's a clip from 1978, first for a "sat"-nav, then for self-driving trucks. (at 1:44)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID0JlT_3HY8
0 x

Echo
Long-Term Resident

Postby Echo » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:54 pm

Sounds like an interesting idea, like he would need two hands to shoot something like a bazooka so he turns "auto-pilot" on in the cyclotron and shoots. Cause he's cool like that~. RazorHappyCait
0 x

QueenSimia
Fandom Veteran

Postby QueenSimia » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:27 pm

I'd think so, especially since he seems like he'd be up to try any new tech. In addition to hands-free operation, I could see it being used for decoy purposes, recon (e.g. have a Cyclotron nearby to help with a quick escape), or even helping automate evasive maneuvers.

If anyone would balk at self-piloting tech, it'd be T-Bone. TboneSwearCait Maybe he'd compromise at letting Razor augment everything but the Turbokat.
2 x
|||| friendly neighborhood aero ace ||||

Return to “What If?”