What if SK don't need the Turbokat anymore?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

What if SK don't need the Turbokat anymore?

Postby Cait » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:48 am

Just a little random question that came to me while seing some replies to this post. If the SK manage to beat all the main villains in Megakat City and the only ones who are left don't use any kind of flying machine or just commit crimes inside buildings mostly, the turbokat would serve probably just as a transport, meaning it to be a lot less useful that a Cyclotron or other earth SK vehicle. The poor Chance would probably go mad without his daily ration of flight action... <T_T>

What do you think, guys?
0 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Re: What if SK don't need the Turbokat anymore?

Postby TazKat » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:52 am

...No Turbokat? BLASPHEMY.
2 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:56 am

TazKat wrote:...No Turbokat? BLASPHEMY.

OH, NO! <x_x>
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:46 pm

If the jet is that inseparably a part of their identity and they're not the SWAT Kats without it, then there's a problem. They ought to be T-Bone and Razor, the butt-kicking SWAT Kats, with or without it.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Darker
Resident

Postby Darker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:40 pm

Turbokat cannot be destroyed. SWAT Kats cannot be defeated. They'll never stop beating the bad guys.
The Turbokat will always be there to kick butt.
1 x
It feels so good to be bad!
Click above & enjoy

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:38 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:If the jet is that inseparably a part of their identity and they're not the SWAT Kats without it, then there's a problem. They ought to be T-Bone and Razor, the butt-kicking SWAT Kats, with or without it.

True, true.

Razor maybe but I don't see T-Bone coping so well without a set of wings to satisfy his sky-lust.

Darker wrote:Turbokat cannot be destroyed. SWAT Kats cannot be defeated. They'll never stop beating the bad guys.

The TurboKat HAS been destroyed 1...2 times (?) in the show. To that I'd say, there will always be a TurboKat as long as there are Swat Kats to rebuild it :mrgreen:

My question is, why would they abandon use of the jet? I don't see them doing it willingly unless the sky just became too dangerous or they didn't have the time/parts available for repairs/rebuilding. They WILL find a way to answer an emergency though, already shown when they pimped their tow truck into a flipping MONSTER TRUCK when the jet was out of commission.
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Darker
Resident

Postby Darker » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:59 am

TazKat wrote:
Darker wrote:Turbokat cannot be destroyed. SWAT Kats cannot be defeated. They'll never stop beating the bad guys.

The TurboKat HAS been destroyed 1...2 times (?) in the show. To that I'd say, there will always be a TurboKat as long as there are Swat Kats to rebuild it :mrgreen:

That's what I ment. As long as there's SWAT Kats AND the Turbokat, the Turbokat can't be defeated. At least not for long.
1 x
It feels so good to be bad!
Click above & enjoy

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:51 pm

The Turbokat seems like it'd be a resource-intensive, maintenance-intensive and highly costly overall item to use, particularly if you compare it to comparable military aircraft, which on average require like a day of maintenance for every hour flown with a crew of a half-a-dozen people. Here's an excerpt describing the costs associated with the F-14 Tomcat, the inspiration for the Turboakt:
The initial acquisition cost of an F-14 is quoted by the US Navy at around $38 million. However, the primary disadvantage of the aircraft is not its purchase cost but maintenance expenses. These costs only grow as planes age and require increasingly more maintenance hours per flight hour. This trend has hit the F-14 harder than most of its contemporaries because of its complex air-frame (including the variable-geometry wings) and harsh salt-air environment at sea. The F-14 is currently the most expensive aircraft to operate in the Navy inventory, requiring 40 to 60 maintenance man-hours per flight hour. For comparison, the F-18 Hornet requires only 20 hours of maintenance and the latest F-18E/F Super Hornet requires just 10 to 15 hours. These high maintenance costs played a large role in the Navy's decision to move the retirement of the F-14 up from 2010 to 2006.

So, I suppose that one could infer, based on how much effort and time it'd take to keep it flying, the SWAT Kats don't consider the Turbokat to be optional, demonstrating a considerable need :lol:
1 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:22 pm

I think it just depends on the situation. I don't think the SK's need the Turbokat all the time. Thats why they have the cyclotrons. I know its a cartoon and all... but really, how unrealistic was it to have the Turbokat fly and chase villains on the streets? LOL. The Cyclotrons help them get the bad guys in the city fast and efficiently. They of course though would use the Turbokat when they have to fight battles in the air. That being said. I don't think they would ever not need the turbokat.... unless they no longer had villains in the skies.
2 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Poecat wrote:I think it just depends on the situation. I don't think the SK's need the Turbokat all the time. Thats why they have the cyclotrons. I know its a cartoon and all... but really, how unrealistic was it to have the Turbokat fly and chase villains on the streets? LOL. The Cyclotrons help them get the bad guys in the city fast and efficiently. They of course though would use the Turbokat when they have to fight battles in the air. That being said. I don't think they would ever not need the turbokat.... unless they no longer had villains in the skies.

That was my point, what would be the reactions on that situation xD
0 x

Return to “What If?”