What if cats and dogs shared the planet?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: What if cats and dogs shared the planet?

Postby Felix Kayne » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:31 pm

Adding dogs would be a neat thing.

And no, I'm not saying that because my OC is a gray wolf, I really think the idea is neat.
1 x

Krillos
Resident
Flag: Sweden

Postby Krillos » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:17 am

Aaaaand here's another reason why you shouldn't give a character a pet of the same species...

The End. :lol:
0 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:34 pm

Poecat wrote:In my opinion, I would prefer that the whole SK world would stay to just all kats. There has been a lot of debate in the past about if there were other animal species in the SK planet. I don't know. To me... the dog and cat thing has been done.

The cartoon that I first thought of with Dogs in a city.... which had cats in the show at times, was Dog City.

But, this is a what if..... If there were dogs on this planet too. I could see that perhaps they live in another city. And they perhaps don't get along with the kats in Megakat City.

I... HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE.... :shock:
1 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Artsite
My Blog
Art Commission Info

Krillos
Resident

Postby Krillos » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:00 am

Going back to the topic at hand, I'm curious to know about the Kats' general thoughts and knowledge regarding the dogs. Especially with the SWAT Kats.

Now to be clear, this is just a theory based entirely on a speculation I've posted earlier and therefore there's no way knowing how they really react to this type of situation.

For T-Bone, he would actually be quite knowledgeable about dogs, thanks to his collection of war videos, particularly about MegaWar 1. He would know what's best to deal with the dogs and their strengths and weaknesses as well. But other than that, T-Bone knows nothing of the dogs' culture which may lead him to be a bit hypocritical to how dogs are like in person. At first, T-Bone is cautious around dogs, knowing full what they're capable of. But once he gets to know them, he will see them in a new light. Sure, he will be annoyed with all the close contact, the sniffing and the occasional slobbering but he would actually come to enjoy their company. Also imagine that he would find a dog who happens to be a kindred spirit that likes to watch the Scaredy Cat-show. XD

As for Razor, he would be one of the many Kats who firmly believes he would never meet a dog in his life-time. Once he involve himself with a dog-related situation for the first time, like he and T-bone being stranded undetected in a city run by dogs, Razor will be overwhelmed by anxiety and fears that he and T-Bone will cause an international crisis. Good thing T-Bone is there to calm his nerves and strategize their next move. Later, his worry is replaced by curiosity as he explore the new world and get to know the people (while in disguise, of course). In the end, he will see the dogs in a new light like T-Bone did and have found new respect for them.

Not sure what other kats think of dogs in general but I'd suspect most of them don't think highly of them. It's no brainer that Mayor Manx is someone who is downright terrified of the dogs and would do anything in his power to keep the treaty of isolation from being any way nullified.

A funny twist would be that Mac of the Metallikats is secretly also terrified of dogs. Despite being a hardboiled mobster turned destructive robot, he would lose his shit whenever the subject on dogs were brought up. If Molly knew of it, Mac would not hear the end of it. :lol:

Felina, on the other hand, is totally a dog person. She is very intruiged by the dogs and find their culture based on loyalty to be a noble thing. Of course, she's wise enough to keep these sort of opinions to herself or else her uncle will kick her out of the force, his brother's wishes be damned.
0 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:06 pm

I dig that breakdown Krillos.

The idea of Felina just being flat out curious with no fear makes me grin XD Some cats really are like that.

Overall this would be a whole new social facet/conflict/dynamic added to the show. It just depends on if they are prepared to go there. Maybe after the show gains back momentum they'd explore that. I'm kind of meh at the moment but I'm not closed to it.

Ex. Being primarily an anthro artist, I tend to stay away from adding humans to the mix because that just opens a can of worms I just don't feel like getting into. Mostly because there is already so much going on in my plots anyway and I want to reinterpret this world with mine. (That and I see humans every day, I'm sick of 'em, lol!)
1 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Artsite
My Blog
Art Commission Info

Krillos
Resident

Postby Krillos » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:29 pm

TazKat wrote:I dig that breakdown Krillos.

The idea of Felina just being flat out curious with no fear makes me grin XD Some cats really are like that.

Thank you. And yes, those are exactly my thoughts regarding Felina. Being fearlessly intrigued over something is a cat trait that befits Felina. XD

TazKat wrote:Overall this would be a whole new social facet/conflict/dynamic added to the show. It just depends on if they are prepared to go there. Maybe after the show gains back momentum they'd explore that. I'm kind of meh at the moment but I'm not closed to it.

I agree. There should also be a build-up before the dogs make their entrance. Like showing more lore that explore the history between the two and the world they live in.
0 x

Krillos
Resident

Postby Krillos » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:06 pm

... Why did I just imagined Chance to be someone who is into dogs? :lol:
0 x

Return to “What If?”