What if cats and dogs shared the planet?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
BlackKnife12
Just Moved In
Flag: United States of America

Re: What if cats and dogs shared the planet?

Postby BlackKnife12 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:00 pm

It would be an interesting take for the series - granted what other folks say that it might not work,I can see their points. But if we think about this,rather than just a saga to entertain folks,it could be a subtle message about equality in both species.

Somewhat similar to how Zootopia did with an equal part for both predators and preys,for example. The film has a strong message on prejudice and stereotypes regardless what kind of animals they are,so the series could have the similar formula but done in a different way since we're talking about only cats and dogs in this universe.
2 x

Pokygirl2001
Resident

Postby Pokygirl2001 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:28 pm

BlackKnife12 wrote:It would be an interesting take for the series - granted what other folks say that it might not work,I can see their points. But if we think about this,rather than just a saga to entertain folks,it could be a subtle message about equality in both species.

Somewhat similar to how Zootopia did with an equal part for both predators and preys,for example. The film has a strong message on prejudice and stereotypes regardless what kind of animals they are,so the series could have the similar formula but done in a different way since we're talking about only cats and dogs in this universe.

Chopshop was a hyaena wasn't he? That's the only non-Kat I can think of, other than snakes and birds and cows and dragons and such.
0 x

Krillos
Resident
Flag: Sweden

Postby Krillos » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:35 pm

Pokygirl2001 wrote:
BlackKnife12 wrote:It would be an interesting take for the series - granted what other folks say that it might not work,I can see their points. But if we think about this,rather than just a saga to entertain folks,it could be a subtle message about equality in both species.

Chopshop was a hyaena wasn't he? That's the only non-Kat I can think of, other than snakes and birds and cows and dragons and such.

It has not been confirmed whether he was truly a hyena. He certainly doesn't look like one to me. For all we know, he could just be a spotted Kat with a pink mohawk and a hyena-like cackle, which was the reason why T-Bone called him a “laughin’ hyena."

And also, those animals you mentioned are not anthropomorphic in the show.
0 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:52 pm

Krillos wrote:
Pokygirl2001 wrote:Chopshop was a hyaena wasn't he? That's the only non-Kat I can think of, other than snakes and birds and cows and dragons and such.

It has not been confirmed whether he was truly a hyena. He certainly doesn't look like one to me. For all we know, he could just be a spotted Kat with a pink mohawk and a hyena-like cackle, which was the reason why T-Bone called him a “laughin’ hyena."

I have to agree with Krillos on this one. It's never actually confirmed that he is a Hyena. T-bone only makes that "laughin' Hyena" statement..... which I can see that causing some confusion. But Chopshop looks like a large spotted cat. :3

1 x

Pokygirl2001
Resident

Postby Pokygirl2001 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:58 pm

I guess that could be it, though I always thought Chopshop's muzzle was kind of odd.

But I realize those other animals aren't anthropomorphic. Just couldn't say 'Kats are the only animals!' cause no :P

I hope there are pets. I would like to see the Kats own kitties as pets :D
0 x

Krillos
Resident

Postby Krillos » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Pokygirl2001 wrote:I guess that could be it, though I always thought Chopshop's muzzle was kind of odd.

But I realize those other animals aren't anthropomorphic. Just couldn't say 'Kats are the only animals!' cause no :P

I hope there are pets. I would like to see the Kats own kitties as pets :D

There was a petshop present in the episode Mutation City, where Dr Viper turned the coldblooded animals there into swamp-dwelling mutant monsters. So yeah, pets do exist.

But woah there, a Kat having a normal cat as a pet? Isn't that the same as a human owning a chimpanzee? Kinda disturbing, actually. :shock:
1 x

Pokygirl2001
Resident

Postby Pokygirl2001 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:29 am

I hope there are pets. I would like to see the Kats own kitties as pets :D[/quote]

There was a petshop present in the episode Mutation City, where Dr Viper turned the coldblooded animals there into swamp-dwelling mutant monsters. So yeah, pets do exist.

But woah there, a Kat having a normal cat as a pet? Isn't that the same as a human owning a chimpanzee? Kinda disturbing, actually. :shock:[/quote]

Yes I recall the pet shop and was thinking of it when I posted! And yes there could be some weirdness but would that be much less realistic than our own evolutionary theory? We still have simians and yes sometimes they are pets.

Remember when they fought the re-animated Sabre toothed tiger? So non-sentient cat beings did at least exist in their history.
0 x

Krillos
Resident

Postby Krillos » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:27 am

Pokygirl2001 wrote:Remember when they fought the re-animated Saber toothed tiger? So non-sentient cat beings did at least exist in their history.

Well, of course. The Kats has to ascend from somewhere in their evolution, right? That sabertooth might as well been a distant relative to the kat-kind, as much as how we humans are related to the Gigantopithecus.

But we're getting a bit off topic here. We're supposed to talk about anything related to Dogs being part of the Kats' world.
0 x

Pokygirl2001
Resident

Postby Pokygirl2001 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:36 am

Krillos wrote:
Pokygirl2001 wrote:Remember when they fought the re-animated Saber toothed tiger? So non-sentient cat beings did at least exist in their history.

Well, of course. The Kats has to ascend from somewhere in their evolution, right? That sabertooth might as well been a distant relative to the kat-kind, as much as how we humans are related to the Gigantopithecus.

But we're getting a bit off topic here. We're supposed to talk about anything related to Dogs being part of the Kats' world.

Au contraire I'm TOTALLY on topic, 100% >.> Of course I cannot find a screen shot of the pet store to confirm my admittedly faulty memory, but I remember cat trees! And if they have cat-like items in the pet store, and if there are Dogs in the world, maybe there are PET DOGS TOO GASP BECAUSE BY EVOLUTIONARY THEORY THEY'D HAVE TO BE RELATED TO SOMETHING IN THE NATURAL WORLD TOO!!!! :lol:

OMG the speculation. I do hope if there are Dogs, that while they are probably not great fans of Kats I hope they don't waste all their lives going to war with each other. I mean what a waste of time.
0 x

Krillos
Resident

Postby Krillos » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:55 pm

Pokygirl2001 wrote:Au contraire I'm TOTALLY on topic, 100% >.> Of course I cannot find a screen shot of the pet store to confirm my admittedly faulty memory, but I remember cat trees! And if they have cat-like items in the pet store, and if there are Dogs in the world, maybe there are PET DOGS TOO GASP BECAUSE BY EVOLUTIONARY THEORY THEY'D HAVE TO BE RELATED TO SOMETHING IN THE NATURAL WORLD TOO!!!! :lol:

Woah, that's a bit more disturbing. I mean, a Kat walking with a dog on a leash. Isn't that an ideal symbol for a cat supremacy over dogs? :shock:

Pokygirl2001 wrote:OMG the speculation. I do hope if there are Dogs, that while they are probably not great fans of Kats I hope they don't waste all their lives going to war with each other. I mean what a waste of time.

Thank you for digging my speculation. And I agree. There are definitely tensions between them in the past but hopefully the dogs could have learned to move on from their past grudges.
1 x

Return to “What If?”