SWAT Kats Fan/Creator Relations

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
Tarnish
Just Moved In
Flag: Hungary

Re: SWAT Kats Fan/Creator Relations

Postby Tarnish » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:19 pm

I had 2 episode concept ideas that I think I'll just post here. If nothing else, others might get a laugh out of them, tho I'm sure some people here might have had similar if not the same ideas.

(Just as a note: I haven't read fan fictions of SWAT Kats besides one, so if someone did write a similar or the same story, I wasn't trying to steal/copy it, it's by complete coincidence.)

1: We know how the SWAT Kats have their base set up and we've seen the moment they've decided to build their own jet and become vigilantes. But we've never seen what happened between the two, the process of them designing and building the Turbokat, the other vehicles, designing and testing their various weapons and gadgets, designing their flightsuits and how they came up with their nicknames. So I think it would make an interesting episode to see them doing all that.

Building the base, the Turbokat and all the other gadgets I think would take a bit unreasonable amount of time, so I had the thought that they discover an old forgotten Mega War II underground base or bunker under their salvage yard shop, so they just modernize that to their needs.

There could also be funny situations thrown in when doing stuff by trial and error, when something goes haywire or not as expected. And also difficulties at first trying to keep all this hidden, perhaps from Burke and Murray.

It could also show their first real mission and how they ended up giving Callie their communicator (tho I know Christian Tremblay mentioned during the livestream having plans for the new series to reveal how that happened).

2: This idea is probably too weird or convoluted to actually have a chance to be a real episode, but oh well. The main idea is that Chance and Jake end up saving Callie and Mayor Manx..but I mean saving them AS Chance and Jake, in civil life.

The idea I had was that Chance and Jake are doing some business at a bank or something, and Callie and Mayor Manx happen to be there as well. Bank robbers appear and attampt to rob the bank, and Chance and Jake, being who they are, can't help but try to save the situation, as they can't just leave and return as the SWAT Kats.

Eventually they succeed, and Callie, knowing them personally and not knowing they are also the SWAT Kats, convinces the Mayor that as a reward for their bravery, they should get their positions as Enforcers back. Of course, proving way more efficient with the Turbokat and as the SWAT Kats, they don't really want to go back to be Enforcers, but declining the offer would seem very odd and suspicios. So they reluctantly (have to) take the offer.

After this point, where this idea would lead, I never really thought about. Probably Chance and Jake having more conflicts with Feral, who is obviously not too keen on having them back, and eventually Chance and Jake decide to purposely get themselves kicked out of the Enforcers again, without making it seem too obvious (tho Feral would probably be happy to kick them out again at the first occasion he gets).
6 x

MoDaD
Janitor
Flag: United States of America

Postby MoDaD » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Tarnish wrote:Eventually they succeed, and Callie, knowing them personally and not knowing they are also the SWAT Kats, convinces the Mayor that as a reward for their bravery, they should get their positions as Enforcers back. Of course, proving way more efficient with the Turbokat and as the SWAT Kats, they don't really want to go back to be Enforcers, but declining the offer would seem very odd and suspicios. So they reluctantly (have to) take the offer.

After this point, where this idea would lead, I never really thought about. Probably Chance and Jake having more conflicts with Feral, who is obviously not too keen on having them back, and eventually Chance and Jake decide to purposely get themselves kicked out of the Enforcers again, without making it seem too obvious (tho Feral would probably be happy to kick them out again at the first occasion he gets).

Ha! :lol: That's a great story idea. That'd be really entertaining.
1 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:08 pm

I too had the SWAT Kats returning to the Enforcers in my fan script, and leading a special squadron of recruits trained in their methods.
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Return to “What If?”