Type of Cats

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
Cody Furlong
Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: Type of Cats

Postby Cody Furlong » Wed May 10, 2017 9:40 am

I've always thought of Commander Feral as being a panther,and Chance a American short hair tabby.
0 x
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow.
- Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed May 10, 2017 10:50 am

Professor Hackle reminds me of a cougar or a puma, judging by his tail. Morbulus, his long tail aside, has very lynx-like ears. And something about Elrod Purvis, before he becomes Dr. Viper, is leonine.
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:29 pm

I've always wondered about Callie's breed. Her name suggests calico, but that's clearly not what she is.
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

LadyStormcrow
Resident

Postby LadyStormcrow » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:32 pm

marklungo wrote:I've always wondered about Callie's breed. Her name suggests calico, but that's clearly not what she is.

Agreed. Her floofy hair and tail actually make her look more like a Persian to me, or some other long-haired breed.

For other characters, Dr. Zyme looks a lot like a Turkish Van, complete with the long cheek fur and the tail tip matching his hair. Dr. Sinian does look like an Abyssinian - they can be brown, and her hair being a shade darker fits with the shading their coats are known for. Turmoil's ear tufts make her look a bit like a lynx or caracal (with her accent, they were probably going for lynx), but she's got a normal-length tail, so that doesn't quite fit.

(Personally, I think it's reasonable to assume that, just like humans, most kats are some degree of mixed, so one individual can have traits from multiple type of felines.)
4 x
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall party on the Internet.

Return to “What If?”