What if: Feral joins to SWAT Kats?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: United States of America

Re: What if: Feral joins to SWAT Kats?

Postby Ty-Chou » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:14 am

I agree with Nee, too. The first thought I had involving this topic is Feral getting a blow to the head and either forgetting who he is altogether or suddenly believing he's a Swat Kat. I can picture our boys having fun with this. "Oh yeah, you're totally one of us. Being a vigilante is way better than an Enforcer, right Feral?" *Secretly recording everything he says*

OR, another radical idea is somehow Feral switched bodies with one of the Swat Kats. Which would be terrifying for them if Feral, in either T-Bone or Razor's body, got himself to a mirror and took that mask off. But it would be interesting to see Feral's body piloting the Turbokat talking with T-bone's vocabulary.

And the best thing about Swat Kats is neither of these ideas are outside the realm of possibility within this show. Is there even a plot that wouldn't happen in this series? Nothing is too wacky for Megakat City!
0 x

thelastmemory
Long-Term Resident

Postby thelastmemory » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Ty-Chou wrote:I agree with Nee, too. The first thought I had involving this topic is Feral getting a blow to the head and either forgetting who he is altogether or suddenly believing he's a Swat Kat. I can picture our boys having fun with this. "Oh yeah, you're totally one of us. Being a vigilante is way better than an Enforcer, right Feral?" *Secretly recording everything he says*

OR, another radical idea is somehow Feral switched bodies with one of the Swat Kats. Which would be terrifying for them if Feral, in either T-Bone or Razor's body, got himself to a mirror and took that mask off. But it would be interesting to see Feral's body piloting the Turbokat talking with T-bone's vocabulary.

And the best thing about Swat Kats is neither of these ideas are outside the realm of possibility within this show. Is there even a plot that wouldn't happen in this series? Nothing is too wacky for Megakat City!

Second one would be a fun scenario, or you could combine the two somehow. Let's say Feral discovers their identities through that mirror scenario, then when things would switch back again to normal again he'd have to lose his memory or something along those lines or the SK's would really be in trouble.
0 x

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Postby LowdogCraft » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:19 pm

I feel that if Feral joined the SWAT Kats, it would throw a nice curveball to the audience, since in the previous episodes, Feral hated their guts and would do almost anything to know about the SWAT Kats' identity. The whole vigilante style setup in the series reminds me of the Sly Cooper games, as the Enforcers and the SWAT Kats both fight for justice, however Feral sees the SWAT Kats as on the other side of the law, as they kind of destroy the city. Personally, whenever I'm watching the show and Feral complains about how much destruction T-Bone and Razor cause, I'm always thinking, Feral, which is more important? A portion of the city, or the whole place? Be glad any of the city is still there!
0 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

TexasRaider36
Just Moved In

Postby TexasRaider36 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:06 am

Poecat wrote:
LOL wonder what Feral's SWAT Kat name would be? Stoneface? Mega-chin? Scowl?

LOL! Scowl. I like that X3

"Chopper Backup" maybe?
0 x

TexasRaider36
Just Moved In

Postby TexasRaider36 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:32 am

On a Serious Note However, I would not see Feral Joining the SWAT Kats, he has too much on his plate as it is with running the enforcers and trying to keep his niece Felina out of trouble. What I WOULD see (And Prefer), is Himself and the SWAT Kats burying the hatchet and working together more often as an ally. Himself even being a "contact on the force" for the the SWAT Kats.

Honestly I never liked the backstory between those three anyway, nor did I like how pigheaded they made Commander Feral. I honestly believe that severely ruined an otherwise good character. Though I did notice moments of potential in him.
0 x

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Fri May 29, 2015 3:03 am

TexasRaider36 wrote:On a Serious Note However, I would not see Feral Joining the SWAT Kats, he has too much on his plate as it is with running the enforcers and trying to keep his niece Felina out of trouble. What I WOULD see (And Prefer), is Himself and the SWAT Kats burying the hatchet and working together more often as an ally. Himself even being a "contact on the force" for the the SWAT Kats.

Honestly I never liked the backstory between those three anyway, nor did I like how pigheaded they made Commander Feral. I honestly believe that severely ruined an otherwise good character. Though I did notice moments of potential in him.

Funny enough, Feral and the SWAT Kats teaming up (officially) would really be quite a twist in the series thematically (and legally) as, well, they're vigilantes, they're breaking the law, and are making a laugh of the establishment--the city's military forces, while doing it. The "illegal, but effective means" being at odds with the "legal, but ineffective means" is as much a running integral theme of the show as, well, good guys versus the baddies! "Stick it to the man" rebellion is a big part of the show itself.

I personally enjoy Feral being in the antagonistic role as one of the "good guys", and him being kind of a blowhard jerk at times--and one of his lowest moments being the catalyst for the creation of the SWAT Kats, well, that sets the premise of Feral in the series, cementing that role while still showing that Feral wasn't ALL blowhard. Feral isn't one-dimensional and I think that was pulled off well, just in my personal opinion... Even with his list of poor, ineffectual, blowhard, or "too conventional" tactics, he's also got a down-to-earth side of him as well, and shows pragmatic and admirable qualities as well.

To follow up though, if Feral ever were in a position to become a SWAT Kat, or really, like, really get on their level and join them? I agree with Felony, that would have to require some real desperation. And he'd still struggle to keep it on his terms, too. Joining them at their level means becoming what, in his mind, he stands against. And to have to unite with them... would more than likely mean that what he believed in and spent his whole career working for (upholding the law, the "right way" of doing things) is probably in shambles! I'd imagine any day Feral actually tries to join the SWAT Kats (whatever those circumstances may be, and I'm ignoring memory loss here) is a very defeated, desperate, and disenchanted day for Feral. ... Huh. And, thinking about that now, I wanna see that! Haha xD
0 x
"So you SWAT Kats were telling the truth!"
"Duh, Commander!"

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:55 pm

SOURCEhttp://www.deviantart.com/art/SWAT-Commander-32779900

It would be the BIGGEST April Fools (and middle finger) Feral could ever give the SWAT Kats :lol:
1 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Artsite
My Blog
Art Commission Info

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:49 am

TazKat wrote:Image

It would be the BIGGEST April Fools (and middle finger) Feral could ever give the SWAT Kats :lol:

*jaw drops* xD

Bro if Feral ever got the ability to completely troll the SWAT Kats he'd be the hero of the show. Like seriously I'd just love him til I died.
0 x

Kanogetz
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Republic of Serbia

Postby Kanogetz » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:21 pm

TazKat wrote:Image

Oh god, that would be funny as hell! :lol:
0 x
slothful artist / dynamic gamer / mechanized bum.
http://kanogetz.deviantart.com/
http://stungunwolf.tumblr.com/

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Indeed, otherwise I don't see it happening. Jay Leno's chin just won't allow it.
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Artsite
My Blog
Art Commission Info

Return to “What If?”