What if: The Alternate Dimension concept was used AGAIN?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination
Flag: United States of America

What if: The Alternate Dimension concept was used AGAIN?

Postby LowdogCraft » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:23 pm

One of my favorite episodes of SWAT Kats is "The Dark Side of the SWAT Kats". It introduced not only a new gadget, but a new dimension where sides are reversed. While not an original concept, it worked, making it a pretty good episode. But this got me wondering: What if the alternate dimension concept was made into another episode? I personally think it would be the Evil SWAT Kats getting to the normal dimension (where the good SWAT Kats are) and attempting to destroy the city. It would have another Turbokat VS Evil Turbokat battle. I personally think it's a good idea. What do you guys think?
0 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Writer, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
also i'm bi
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."
Icon by @menacing-marshmallow on Tumblr

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Re: What if: The Alternate Dimension concept was used AGAIN?

Postby MoDaD » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:06 am

If the alternate dimension concept was used again I think it'd be neat to see some more creative approaches to see which characters, particularly the villains, would be different or have their roles reversed. For instance, I think Dr. Zyme succumbing to Viper Mutagen 368 and becoming a crazed, kat-reptillian mutant, with Elrod Purvis remaining normal, would be a cool twist. Especially if Purvis could somehow interact with the main universe's Dr. Viper and we could witness some kind of character revealing scene, and Dr. Viper is reminded of his humanity (katmanity?), perhaps suggesting that the main universe's Elrod Purvis might still exist somewhere deep down.
0 x

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran

Postby AkaneKitty » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:52 am

I want to see a Dark Feral. And to see how it could come about.

Would he still be Commander, but corrupted? Would he be like a villain like Dark Kat? Would Felina be fighting against him, or would she be on his side?

No matter what Feral is (though I lean toward a villain like DK) I want the SKs realize while they have no love Feral, dark Feral is way worst.
0 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Postby jesse220 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:46 pm

Well alternate dimensions could lead to different choices. For example, Feral didn't crashed Jake and Chances jet and they would still be in the force and they won't become swat kats. On the other hand though, alternate dimensions are created by different choices.

For instance Feral crashes Chance and Jake's jet but they can't eject, they crashed into the headquarters and they were killed. But Feral had their brains recovered and he and the officers took the brains to Hackle's lab and Hackle did a mind transplant in the robots body. And it worked. Both Jake and Chance woke up and the saw I what they become. They become Hackle's robots but they went insane and they had a plot to take revenge on Feral and the Enforcers. Chance and Jake become Metilakats.

And Mac and Molly were Manx's body Guards but Manx fired them and force them to work in the salvage yard to pay for the damage to his office they become the swat kats instead of Chance and Jake.

Here is my what if topic about Chance and Jake becoming Metilakats instead of becoming swat kats.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18
0 x

Leon Mane
Resident

Postby Leon Mane » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:59 pm

I'm sure they had plans on bringing the Dark SWAT Kats back later on. When their Dark Kat's bomb went off, it just made the Dark Turbokat vanish in a flash of light, not an explosion. Odds are, the bomb he made didn't function as it was intended to, and it blew the Dark SWAT Kats into another dimension, waiting to resurface at a later time, maybe they already did and they were just repairing their jet and planning their revenge somewhere else. It's certainly fertile ground for speculation and/or fanfiction.
0 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:25 am

I am wanting to write a fanfic that touches on the Dark Swat Kats universe, and in it, Professor Hackel is mentioned as an evil genius who makes his living by selling weapons worldwide to countries at war. In this, I would assume he still created the Metallikats- but as further weapons to show how deadly robots could be instead of how helpful robots could be. But he didn't anticipate their virtuous personalities and unwittingly created two heroes for Megakat City.
0 x

Leon Mane
Resident

Postby Leon Mane » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:47 am

I'd read that. It makes one wonder, just how much of the other universe was different from the main universe? T-Bone and Razor were evil, likely because they were fired for different reasons, perhaps constant use of excessive force if their personalities were anything to go by, and Dark Kat seems to have been slightly less capable as an inventor, as he was relying on the SWAT Kats to get him the materials to his weapons instead of the Kreeplings and mercenaries. That Miss Briggs was evil must have been because she was fed up with Manx and his constant uselessness, there's any guess as to who else fell to the evil side, and who rose to take on the mantle of protectors. Even if the alternate Enforcers were more skilled and capable, sooner or later, they'd need an edge to deal with some of the villains.
0 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Postby jesse220 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:37 pm

I like to see an alternate dimension about Chop shop and Hardrive as swat kats. They could be heros in another reality. And Jake and Chance would be bad guys instead of them. Would that be something or what?
0 x

Leon Mane
Resident

Postby Leon Mane » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:05 am

I'm writing a fan fic right now, so I'd like to ask your permission to use that in a later chapter. I don't want to seem like I stole it, and I will give credit.
0 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Postby jesse220 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Leon Mane wrote:I'm writing a fan fic right now, so I'd like to ask your permission to use that in a later chapter. I don't want to seem like I stole it, and I will give credit.

Go ahead do your thing ;) :D
0 x

Return to “What If?”