Cait's doodles~

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Re: Cait's doodles~

Postby Cait » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:29 am

Some of you may have seen this one on the discord server. It's Jake as the gentlemen of the game Clue. Blame Koosh for this one DarkKatFury
PICT0047.JPG
3 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Colored version of an old drawing. J.A.K.E. OS
Also, animated version :3
6 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:52 am

Long night testing my new tablet... Amazed of how much time I saved compared to the other digital drawings RazDumbfounded Anyway, this is what happened:

5 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Postby Poecat » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:52 am

Looks great! And love the detail in the tree specifically. Tablets do save a lot of time for sure.....

Gasp there is no Past Master emoticon? ... this would had been the perfect opportunity to use him XD
4 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:52 pm

Poecat wrote:Gasp there is no Past Master emoticon? ... this would had been the perfect opportunity to use him XD

Noted! XD
1 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:08 pm

Image Like this? X3 I'll post it in the Smily thread in a sec but first....

TOAST ME! I love the Perspective shot there and the way the grass is curling around Razor as he lays in the cool shade... MadkatUpIcon
4 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:23 am

NeeKnight wrote:TOAST ME! I love the Perspective shot there and the way the grass is curling around Razor as he lays in the cool shade... MadkatUpIcon

Thanks! RazorLoveCait

Not happy at all with this one... This drawing was sitting there for months, so I used it to test some tools on Clip Studio. Could be a LOT better if I knew how to use them properly SighingChanceIcon Anyway, there it is :3
4 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:57 am

Cait wrote:Not happy at all with this one... This drawing was sitting there for months, so I used it to test some tools on Clip Studio. Could be a LOT better if I knew how to use them properly SighingChanceIcon Anyway, there it is :3

Oh Wow Cait...I know you aren't happy with this one. But oh my goodness the detail you put into it and the whole scene is lovely. I like how you can see the city off in the background. And love that you did the reflections in the water. It all makes me wonder is Callie is really there to enjoy the moonlight.... or she's watching for something suspicious in the shipping yard XD

If you don't mind me giving some Clip Studio tips. Some tools to practice with, that would make this image pop or use to practice for later, is the Auto Select Tool and Gradient Tool. You may already know how to use these. Auto Select an area...say the brown color of the ledge she's sitting on. Then, what I use the Gradient Tool for is to add in shadows. When I choose that tool, I then choose the Foreground to Transparent. Then select whatever color I want the shadow to be. I usually choose black. Oh and make a new layer for this shadow. Take your tool and start from the bottom of the brown area and move up. It should make a black to transparent shadow. I then change the opacity down on that layer to whatever I feel it needs to be.
1 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:37 am

Poecat wrote:Oh Wow Cait...I know you aren't happy with this one. But oh my goodness the detail you put into it and the whole scene is lovely. I like how you can see the city off in the background. And love that you did the reflections in the water. It all makes me wonder is Callie is really there to enjoy the moonlight.... or she's watching for something suspicious in the shipping yard XD

The initial idea was to have a few lights atached to those storage walls and a guard with a lantern (it was going to be a lighting practise). And nah, Callie is just enjoying the views CallieKissIcon2
Poecat wrote:If you don't mind me giving some Clip Studio tips. Some tools to practice with, that would make this image pop or use to practice for later, is the Auto Select Tool and Gradient Tool. You may already know how to use these. Auto Select an area...say the brown color of the ledge she's sitting on. Then, what I use the Gradient Tool for is to add in shadows. When I choose that tool, I then choose the Foreground to Transparent. Then select whatever color I want the shadow to be. I usually choose black. Oh and make a new layer for this shadow. Take your tool and start from the bottom of the brown area and move up. It should make a black to transparent shadow. I then change the opacity down on that layer to whatever I feel it needs to be.

Any tips are VERY welcome! The thing is that I tried the gradient tool to add a reflection of the shipping yard (were the docs are), but i just could make it work as i wanted. Desisted after like 20 minutes of trying.. RazEmbarrassed I have to try again that tool as it is very useful as you say, but I should master first others so I can combine them properly. As for the shadows... I just got tired and said "finished, to the future redo's list" TboneLaughCait

For now, my worst enemy is the pen tool and it's multiple settings (no matter how many things I change, it always look the same LOL). I want to reproduce that effect were the more you press the tablet's pen, the wider the line is and i want the line to not be so rough, but to face a bit on the borders. I had a few more problems with tool settings, but that's all I can remember now XD Anyway, don't worry much, I just need to get used to it and continue exploring everything while I practice RazorHappyCait
2 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:59 am

Cait wrote:
For now, my worst enemy is the pen tool and it's multiple settings (no matter how many things I change, it always look the same LOL). I want to reproduce that effect were the more you press the tablet's pen, the wider the line is and i want the line to not be so rough, but to face a bit on the borders. I had a few more problems with tool settings, but that's all I can remember now XD Anyway, don't worry much, I just need to get used to it and continue exploring everything while I practice RazorHappyCait

Oh the pen... this took me forever to figure out as well. I had to do a lot of testing / playing to find the right setting for myself. I can tell you that I only use the G-Pen. When you click on the pen tool and in the tool settings, there is an option to make the line harder to softest.... not sure if thats what you meant by the line looking rough.
0 x

Return to “Fan Art”