New Villain - Vincent Diagoras

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

New Villain - Vincent Diagoras

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:21 pm

Vincent Diagoras is a self-proclaimed scholar of the strange and unnatural. To the public, he is an oddball occult expert and antique collector, whose name regularly turns up on the donation list of the Megakat City Museum of History. Modestly wealthy, he has financed numerous archaeological digs over the years. In truth it is because he hopes that the expeditions will uncover artifacts of magical power for him to use, for behind his public persona as a philanthropist, Vincent has a deep, dark secret and a lust for arcane, forbidden knowledge that can't be quenched. He is in fact a member of a secret, profane society of which Governor Clawstone (the governor of the state Megakat City is in) is the de-facto leader. The Tome of Time was unearthed by one of the expeditions Vincent Diagoras funded, but what he'd actually been searching for was the Pastmaster's fabled pocketwatch. Disappointed at not being able to acquire it, and finding he couldn't use the Tome, he donated it to the museum.

He purchased (ex) Deputy Mayor Balcus' former home of Darkhaven Manor, and now resides there. To his annoyance, the basement alchemical laboratory had been meticulously removed, stone by stone, and all of Balcus' arcane secrets taken with it. Not one to be dissuaded, he converted the gold foundry in the cellar (itself converted from a turn of the century wine distillery) into a place of dark worship and evil magic, his own private workshop of the strange, the weird and the unnatural. Although not usually one who comes into conflict with Megakat City's authorities, he will one day, because the cult he's in plans to release something dark, ancient and evil upon the world, intent on sacrificing Megakat City and everyone in it in their pursuit of complete power. Diagoras himself bears no particular ill will towards the world, and this plan is mostly Clawstone's, however he'll go along with it out of simple mutual benefaction - whatever gets him magical powers (more than he already has anyway) is good in his eyes.

He wears dark colors, and has distinctive, slicked down hair trimmed very short at the sides and back, in the style of Heinrich Himmler (or Milton Dammers from The Frighteners).

Primary inspirations for the character include Lord Henry Blackwood from Sherlock Holmes, Milton Dammers as noted, and Amos Hackshaw from the H.P. Lovecraft pastiche Cast a Deadly Spell.
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Re: New Villain - Vincent Diagoras

Postby LowdogCraft » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:31 pm

I gotta say, Kooshmeister. This is pretty sweet. I kinda like the more normal look that most SK baddies don't go for. He looks quite dapper, too. :lol:
1 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Thanks. Heh, now just need to draw his minions. He uses regular kats as henchmen but also has a living gargoyle enforcer/familiar like Hackshaw in Cast a Deadly Spell.
1 x

SwatKatsFan1
Resident

Postby SwatKatsFan1 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:25 pm

Sick story bro. Did you write it yet? Also, will General Boggs and Captain Pomery return since they take orders from Clawstone since he's governor. Will Callie become governor? What about Manx? Is this after End of The SWAT Kats?
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:31 am

SwatKatsFan1 wrote:Did you write it yet?

No, not yet.

SwatKatsFan1 wrote:Also, will General Boggs and Captain Pomery return since they take orders from Clawstone since he's governor.

Probably not, unless a situation calls for the Army. And they only take orders from the Governor under certain circumstances.

SwatKatsFan1 wrote:Will Callie become governor?

Probably not.

SwatKatsFan1 wrote:What about Manx?

I hope not... :lol:

SwatKatsFan1 wrote:Is this after End of The SWAT Kats?

Most likely, yeah.
0 x

NightSlayer2
Just Moved In
Flag: Canada

Postby NightSlayer2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:23 pm

When r u going to write that story, it sounds good.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:31 am

Well, for one thing, the character has changed a lot in concept since then, heh.
0 x

Swatkatfan21
Resident

Postby Swatkatfan21 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:41 am

I like the idea of the two-faced bad guy and driven by a lust for knowledge instead of money/control. It reminds me of the classic good guys know the bad guy did it, but the city loves him too much to believe it.

How would the Swat Kats deal with this new foe? Will our favorite doctor step up to the challenge? Perhaps a shadow war with Dark Kat? The possibilities are endless!

I can't wait to see where this leads! ViperSMile
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:28 am

Upon rereading what I'd written above, it seems I was mistaken, and Vincent hasn't changed that much since I posted that, heh. Anyway, here's a finished, colored pic of him:

4 x

NightSlayer2
Just Moved In
Flag: Canada

Postby NightSlayer2 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:50 pm

When r u going to make the story? It sounds really interesting.
0 x

Return to “Fan Art”