Sketch Thread!

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Re: Sketch Thread!

Postby Cait » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:59 pm

I think is my time to join! Here is something I did a few days ago in a boring spanish class...

Sorry for the bad quality, but that awful old camera is the best I have ᶘ xᴥxᶅ

Also, I met my nemesis: hands! :evil:
1 x

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination
Flag: United States of America

Postby LowdogCraft » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:54 pm

Cait wrote:Also, I met my nemesis: hands! :evil:

Same here. Hands are pretty hard to draw sometimes. Usually if I want a character's hand to look a certain way, I use my actual hand as a reference (like when drawing an open hand, I open my hand up to see how the fingers are shaped and how far apart they are).
1 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Flag: Germany

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:33 am

That's a nice sketch, Cait, and probably way better than what I could ever draw as I never had the patience to learn it.
Cait wrote:Also, I met my nemesis: hands! :evil:

LowdogCraft wrote:Same here. Hands are pretty hard to draw sometimes. Usually if I want a character's hand to look a certain way, I use my actual hand as a reference (like when drawing an open hand, I open my hand up to see how the fingers are shaped and how far apart they are).

Although I have absolutely no knowledge about how to draw, I think watching other people who know how to draw the things you want to draw can be quite helpful (the "Monkey See, Monkey Do"-principle). YouTube is probably a good start for it.

Here are two examples for drawing hands:
Don Bluth Draws Hands (Preview for a Dragon's Lair Indiegogo perk which isn't available anymore as the campaign is over)
Drawing with Jazza - How to Draw HANDS and HAND POSES!

Hope these are helpful.
2 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:01 am

LowdogCraft wrote:Same here. Hands are pretty hard to draw sometimes. Usually if I want a character's hand to look a certain way, I use my actual hand as a reference (like when drawing an open hand, I open my hand up to see how the fingers are shaped and how far apart they are).

Yep, our hands can be good references, but even looking at them, I was never satisfied with the result (even being very similar to the backpack razor ones). Sometimes I seek the imposible perfection in everything I do ᶘ xᴥxᶅ

Mr. Goodkat wrote:Although I have absolutely no knowledge about how to draw, I think watching other people who know how to draw the things you want to draw can be quite helpful (the "Monkey See, Monkey Do"-principle). YouTube is probably a good start for it.

Here are two examples for drawing hands:
Don Bluth Draws Hands (Preview for a Dragon's Lair Indiegogo perk which isn't available anymore as the campaign is over)
Drawing with Jazza - How to Draw HANDS and HAND POSES!

Hope these are helpful.

Woah! Jazza's video is awesome. I was trying to do the hand of the minute 21 of that video in my pick... now I see what is wrong XD Also, his tricks are pretty "handy" :lol:
0 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Sun May 15, 2016 1:09 am

Random Challie sketch. As usual, I find them to be stupid adorable.

7 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Mon May 16, 2016 10:36 am

Ty-Chou wrote:Random Challie sketch. As usual, I find them to be stupid adorable.

This competes with Tazkat cuteness! ᶘ *ᴥ*ᶅ
0 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Wed May 18, 2016 10:52 pm

I was supposed to be an angry Callie but... The angry one is me with the hands again ¬¬ (and a very long neck).
2 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Wed May 25, 2016 7:00 am

Challie is adorable, Ty-Chou! You always capture the cuteness.

Nice first try of Callie, Cait! I want to see an angry Callie as she has a lot to be frustrated over. XD I think what might be the issue isn't her neck but her head to body proportion. Her head is a bit small. I did that a lot years ago, making the head too small and sometimes I still do X_x but I catch it in the pencil stage to fix. There are helpful tutorials online of proper head to body proportions in drawing you can search for that can explain way better than me.
0 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Wed May 25, 2016 10:20 am

Felony wrote:Nice first try of Callie, Cait! I want to see an angry Callie as she has a lot to be frustrated over. XD I think what might be the issue isn't her neck but her head to body proportion. Her head is a bit small. I did that a lot years ago, making the head too small and sometimes I still do X_x but I catch it in the pencil stage to fix. There are helpful tutorials online of proper head to body proportions in drawing you can search for that can explain way better than me.

Thank you for the tip! ᶘ ^ᴥ^ᶅ And well, let's say she has a reason to be angry in front of her... :lol:
0 x

Cody Furlong
Resident

Postby Cody Furlong » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:36 pm

Here are some of mine.

1 x
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow.
- Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills

Return to “Fan Art”