My Art!

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: My Art!

Postby Kooshmeister » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:01 pm

I figure the standard outfits we see in the show are good enough, so I wouldn't change much for the commandos and pilots; just that during "down time" they would have their helmets and vests off. As far as canon specialized outfits go, there's always the hazmat crew seen briefly in The Ci-Kat-A. Succubus! also features an Enforcer forensic team, but doesn't describe what they wear.

A detective would probably wear what detectives wear in real life which is just a suit, although I could probably remove the jacket and stick them in a protective vest like the ones the commandos wear, to suggest that Megakat City is so dangerous even plainclothes Enforcers have to go out in body armor. So an Enforcer detective might wear a dress shirt, tie, dress slacks and shoes, but with chest armor.

In Bad Vibrations I described Felina in her graduation/academy uniform in a photo, maybe I ought to draw it. I also designed a runway crew chief who appears briefly in The End of the SWAT Kats!, who just wears a gray jumpsuit and baseball cap with the Enforcer logo. I imagine the regular runway crewm would dress similarly, but probably wear helmets like those of the commandos.

My O.C.s/Enforcer jerks Jablonsky and Lyman wear ties, a visual suggestion that they're a cut above the regular commandos (in position, anyway).

And I did sort of design an Enforcer dress uniform when I drew the aged Feral from Succubus!, in the tux he wears in the final act. The script simply said he was in a tuxedo, but I added the rank insignia and bling on the shoulders to suggest it's his mess dress. However, I should design something for him for really formal occasions. Dinner with his fiancee is informal formal. For dinner with, say, the mayor or governor or whoever, he ought to wear something far more stylish. Felina and Steel, too.

Gah, that's it, Matt, you've gone and done it. Now I'm gonna draw Feral, Felina, Steel and the Sergeant in formal uniforms for official functions and dinners!
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:25 pm

I'm agree with MoDaD, you added a lot of details in this one. And it turned great! :3
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:06 am

Thanks, I do try and make the characters' attire seem functional. Although, really, he's just wearing what I think a security guard would wear. I think things like the shoulder radio only seem innovative because the guards in the actual show never had them. :lol:
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:50 pm

Shadow Legionnaire's O.C. Nate Briggs (Callie Briggs' adopted son) finds himself in the clutches (well, coils) of Dr. V, who has a few choice things to say about the kid. :lol:

Done as a gift for Shadow Legionnaire because I thought Nate was cute and seeing him getting nabbed by Viper and called a brat would be funny. :D
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:35 am

Inked pics of Big Stan and an anonymous worker from Bad Vibrations. Because there can never be enough expendable supporting characters in hardhats. :lol:

3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:19 am

Stan all colored.

3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:33 am

And the (scared) worker.

3 x

SVMON94
Resident
Flag: Finland

Postby SVMON94 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:23 pm

I'm really liking the pictures where you depicted Dark Kat as the mayor of megakat city. Really made my day. Also those side character construction worker designs are pretty neat.
2 x
I ship felina x callie with a burning passion.

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:40 am

Why thank you. :D
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:19 am

Now that my computer is more or less back under control, I can resume drawing. First up is Alderson Stern Jr.:

My third or fourth attempt at a proper design for Stern, my OC who is the head of Puma-Dyne. Previously, he was influenced by Mr. Dupette from Rocko's Modern Life, but now I've modeled him a little more on Commandant Cumberlayne Aresko from Rebels because I liked that gaunt look. And speaking of Star Wars, the character's name was originally "Alderon," but I've since changed that because it sounded too similar to Alderaan.

His father, Alderson Stern Sr., started the company during Mega War II, and he inherited it, and he has proceeded to transform it from a wartime munitions factory into the premiere weapons research facility in the country, bringing untold billions of dollars and jobs upon jobs to Megakat City. Stern guards his father's legacy jealously against anyone who might threaten it, and he and Professor Hackle have often butted heads about just who owns the intellectual rights to many of the elderly inventor's designs; Hackle or Puma-Dyne. It was he who built and weaponized the Macrobots without Hackle's permission, for example.
3 x

Return to “Fan Art”