SWAT Kats Misc Fan Comics

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Betaruga
Killa Vanilla
Flag: United States of America

SWAT Kats Misc Fan Comics

Postby Betaruga » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:03 am

Alright, making this thread as a place for fans to dump their stand-alone SK comics, so like, panels, shorts, etc that don't necessarily call for their own project thread, I guess :)

Anywho, I'm starting off with this comic page tribute to Kristen Sharpe's "Nuke It" fanfic, which was literally the only SWAT Kats fanfic that I'd randomly recall after not reading anything from the SK fandom for 15 years (just drew fanart here and there and checked up to see if it ever got updated, random music videos, etc) and it's been a super kicktail treat to finally reread her work along with rewatching the series as an adult. Her SK fanfics have basically been fueling lots of sketching and inspired mini projects, including this one :) Lots of fun! And challenging since this was my first time doing a digitally colored comic, tbh I feel so-so about the results, but here it is xD

0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Re: SWAT Kats Misc Fan Comics

Postby Felony » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:26 pm

Nicely done! I'm sure Kris would love to see these. She's on deviantArt somewhat and is in charge of the SKFFA and the SKFAA so you can probably contact her through one of those. Kris is one of the better writers of the fandom as she really keeps the characters as they were in the show while giving them more depth. It's been forever ago since I've read her fiction.
0 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

KristenSK
Fandom Veteran

Postby KristenSK » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:16 pm

Oh, WOW! I got a heads-up about this and had to come create an account just to comment. I mean... I never imagined one of my older fanfics would still be inspiring art. This looks fantastic.
0 x

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:09 pm

KristenSK wrote:Oh, WOW! I got a heads-up about this and had to come create an account just to comment. I mean... I never imagined one of my older fanfics would still be inspiring art. This looks fantastic.

...........UH

....Hi. I'm doing my best to type an adequate response to your surprise comment as I'm...I hadn't mustered the nerve to reach out to you myself with all the posted and unposted SK fanart based off your older work yet and...and right now my face is basically a rictus.

Kyaaahhhthankyousomuchmyfacethosomeonepleasesend help
Last edited by Betaruga on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"So you SWAT Kats were telling the truth!"
"Duh, Commander!"

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:30 am

KristenSK wrote:Oh, WOW! I got a heads-up about this and had to come create an account just to comment.

Welcome to the forum, Kris!

And, thank you, Betaruga, for creating some really awesome artwork that got the fandom's only active Service Medal recipient to join us all here at Megakat City :)
0 x

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Napkin doodle trade for RazorNEO (I adore you dude) of Chance watching soap operas while eating ice cream straight from the tub and crying over a break up (lol like with Callie maybe?)

Jake walks in, sees Chance crying with his container of ice cream, and backs slowly out of the room, "Iii'm just... gonna leave the two of you alone now..." Then Jake works in the hangar pretending he's totally over the fact that being a vigilante makes romance impossible.

(Napkin doodle screentoned in Photoshop xD)
0 x

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:58 pm

MoDaD wrote:
KristenSK wrote:Oh, WOW! I got a heads-up about this and had to come create an account just to comment.

Welcome to the forum, Kris!

And, thank you, Betaruga, for creating some really awesome artwork that got the fandom's only active Service Medal recipient to join us all here at Megakat City :)

*blushes* ... uh, you're welcome! xD No idea who gave her the heads up though, so I'd thank them! :)
0 x

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:14 am

Prompt: The SWAT Kats make a run for it on foot after an injured T-Bone is blinded. Permanently.

They lagged with no time to spare. T-Bone stumbled, guided along by his friend's hand before tripping on scattered debris again. He never regained his balance. He didn't try. This time the lame pilot let himself crash to Earth. Razor spun and leapt down to seize his collar with urgent fury. They would not die. Neither of them. Not on him.

"C'mon, we can still make it!"

"You don't need a partner like me..."

No words came. Only in the private moments of his life had his chin quivered with a quickened breath, eyes drilling through visions of thick misery. And here he was, scrambling for himself in a display over a friend who would never see it.

Razor's throat croaked at last.

"I need you, buddy..."

~
0 x

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:40 am

Napkin doodle inspired by one of RazorREO's WIP fanfics during this scene where Jake teaches a super reluctant Chance how to slow dance so he can sweep Callie off her feet at an event they've been invited to on her behalf. Also this is much more humiliating to Chance than accepting swimming lessons from Jake (and moreso for Jake too, let's be real here) It's fun to draw Jake act more like the well meaning jerk I see (most) guys are to their bros in jest. They banter in the show, but it's kept pretty tame. Realistically, I can't imagine Jake not cracking jokes at his pal's expense if this ever happened xD Though in my personal head canon, Chance can dance up a storm (and soaks up the praise)! And Jake is that wall flower who surprises everybody by casually approaching the dance floor at the middle of the party and shows up the crowd with some sick break dancing, and makes his exit while the party's still hot.
0 x

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Warm-up doodle gone way out of hand when my friend was all "draw Chance like one of your French girls" haha lots of head canons rolled into one in this abomination xD #noshame
0 x

Return to “Fan Art”